Abrasive Grit Still Broken after patch?

Meetshield.1756

@X T D.6458 said:

@X T D.6458 said:I tried it today, was giving me might and removing condis.

It gives might on the first barrier, But any barrier post that gives nothing.

Do you mean on stacking barrier? Or after the first one has expired?

If you apply barrier on someone that already has barrier, it wont give might and it wont clear it condi. The bug is that it only procs when its applied on someone that doesnt have barrier yet.

@X T D.6458 said:

@X T D.6458 said:I tried it today, was giving me might and removing condis.

It gives might on the first barrier, But any barrier post that gives nothing.

Do you mean on stacking barrier? Or after the first one has expired?

On stacking barrier.. If it's due to new barrier then the tool tip needs changing to say this because atm it sounds like it should happen on all barriers.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Yep definetly.

I think same thing as always. Lets make this a feature and hope the players wont find out (like the icd on dhumfire)

Ironic that you compare it to a bug that has been fixed.

Yeah i know. But how long did it take to do so? Think bout that. I guess they will fix it.but at what cost?

Barrier not being able to stack? Only highest barrier amount counts?

That would destroy the scourge. Oh wait. Its already dead because of the obstruced thingi, which they introduced with the same patch, they fixed the dhumfire icd.

That was just another nerv. Pretending they do something good but you can see on your own. Its just annoying these days to play necro. Which forces me to play other games. Cause the other classes are no fun to me in gw.

I think the most interesting thing about the Abrasive bug and its timing, is that it happened when they were TRYING to reduce the overload of conditions. So essentially they increased duration, and removed stacks across the board. Right? Lets not forget that this was the intention, reduce burst condition damage. Thus making the player's ability to actively clear condies important right? Since you get longer duration stacks... It gives you the ability to respond to those stacks with clearing, while not nerfing the damage in PVE. Yet the end result was that all classes in WvW and PVP lost the good majority of condi clear from necro.

So the ability to negate conditions defensively was removed, assuming you press F2 on cooldown for sustain clear, you have no way to bunker up against a condi loading scourge on the other side. In the end they made condies much worse in WvW while having little affect on PVE.

To Further expand on the problem. Necros realizing they had not enough condition clear, and were getting snared by imob, and cripple with no clear in site, may have been tempted to take the Curses middle trait Plague Sending, which transfers 2 condies on F5, and leads to Path of corruption for 2 boon corrupts on F2 and weakness on crit.

So I'd say the overall result is much more condition problems in PvP and WvW than before they patched barrier and accidentally broke Abrasive Grit.

The sad part is I don't think that most necro players have even noticed this issue. Without a large outcry to get this fixed we could end up with this bug for yrs. My money is that they will say it's intentional and it just needs a tool tip fix (Less work for them). Especially without a large population of the necro community saying much. Still surprised myself that not many realize they could be clearing condis more effectively with this bug fixed.

Well thats fine, I'm linked with SBI and Mike O'Brien often runs with Hate guild... I guess I'll just have to mention it to him next time I see him if these guys aren't going to do their jobs acknowledge the issue and Release a Fix.

The LFG panel is apparently higher priority than the condi clear for your Support class on your second expansion. Baffled.

Archived