Please take a look at dagger its pretty bad outside of a non cleansing pve boss.

Eleazar.9478

I know Ive complained about this before but I'm sure were all in agree that dagger is pretty terrible, with minimal burst and zero utility the thing is useless out side of pve, and I get it some weapons perform better than others, but this thing is arguably the most useless ranger weapon (pvp/wvw) and its a shame sense I really love the feel of dagger (procing quickness to get the burst) but not only does it not have the tools to stay in melee but it also doesn't even have synergy with twice as vicious (in fact outside of sb, it's only power weapons that proc that trait!

My 2 suggestions which I've seen others make also are..short daze 1/4 sec on skill 2 of dagger

evade on leap skill 3

My wish on a star- that the power damage would scale like a firebrands axe, since the spec really feels like it was ment to be hybrid (with the pet swapping and just look at sb's minor traits)

Lol y'all think it will stay trash tier? and if you claim its good Id like to see your build cause Ive tried everything to make the damn thing work. (once again talking about pvp/wvw)

@Swagger.1459 said:Both daggers are awful. Waste of weapons. Gave suggestions. People don’t care.

Shit I care, it's our elite spec weapon, hell even shade mentioned on stream it needs an evade.

I really really hope they take the time to buff it this upcoming patch, I mean there's so much weird buggy clunky stuff with sb they should really spend some time polishing it, hell boots spent a straight 30 mins explaining to wooden pot alll the wierd buggs with sb with just 1 trait

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Both daggers are awful. Waste of weapons. Gave suggestions. People don’t care.

kitten I care, it's our elite spec weapon, hell even shade mentioned on stream it needs an evade.

I really really hope they take the time to buff it this upcoming patch, I mean there's so much weird buggy clunky stuff with sb they should really spend some time polishing it, hell boots spent a straight 30 mins explaining to wooden pot alll the wierd buggs with sb with just 1 trait

I agree with ya.

On board with this.My suggestion is kinda similar but would be like this: Apply strong poison (replaces bleeding, synergizes with predators cunning) and the next attack of your pet dazes.In beastmode it would be the next hit if the soulbeast of course. This would give great synergy without deviating from the core idea.

I am also on board with the power scale buff. I always wanted to run a hybrid ranger. Pretty much because all MH weapons are suited towards it.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:On board with this.My suggestion is kinda similar but would be like this: Apply strong poison (replaces bleeding, synergizes with predators cunning) and the next attack of your pet dazes.In beastmode it would be the next hit if the soulbeast of course. This would give great synergy without deviating from the core idea.

I am also on board with the power scale buff. I always wanted to run a hybrid ranger. Pretty much because all MH weapons are suited towards it.

Ya that would be a fair suggestionAnd dude I've poured like 50-60g into trying to come up with a set to make it a hybrid (full condi dosnt seem to work since in order to do real dps you loose surviveablitiy) (tried viper/cele) (greiving/muarder ((went for a wizard stat build from PvP since lb is pretty nice for stacking bleeds with bristle back and sharp)

As for the power scaleing I've literally killed players with almost full power damage on a Condi build because the 2 -4 condis just keep getting cleansed and ya those were really long frustrating fights and if you face a compentent dh or warrior might as well delete your weapon from the game.

Fun fact every other elite spec weapon has either a a shadow step or cc and even if the weapon is Condi based has wayyyyyy better power scaleing than ranger dagger, pleas anet even if you Nerf the bleeds buff the power damage, it would a move that would help use our elite spec weapon. I wana go melee! It's even part of the soulbeast's lore

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:On board with this.My suggestion is kinda similar but would be like this: Apply strong poison (replaces bleeding, synergizes with predators cunning) and the next attack of your pet dazes.In beastmode it would be the next hit if the soulbeast of course. This would give great synergy without deviating from the core idea.

Ya that would be a fair suggestionAnd dude I've poured like 50-60g into trying to come up with a set to make it a hybrid (full condi dosnt seem to work since in order to do real dps you loose surviveablitiy) (tried viper/cele) (greiving/muarder ((went for a wizard stat build from PvP since lb is pretty nice for stacking bleeds with bristle back and sharp)

As for the power scaleing I've literally killed players with almost full power damage on a Condi build because the 2 -4 condis just keep getting cleansed and ya those were really long frustrating fights and if you face a compentent dh or warrior might as well delete your weapon from the game.

Fun fact every other elite spec weapon has either a a shadow step or cc and even if the weapon is Condi based has wayyyyyy better power scaleing than ranger dagger, pleas anet even if you Nerf the bleeds buff the power damage, it would a move that would help use our elite spec weapon. I wana go melee! It's even part of the soulbeast's lore

I run half grievers half vipers with nightmare-trapper rune.WS, Skirmishing, Soulbeast.I use vicious quarry instead of quickdraw, because i rarely weaponswap and it boosts my ceit chance and dmg.Its quite nice for PvE. It kills mobs fast with low toughness or high toughness reasonable fast.Full vipers still out dmgs it though.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

I run half grievers half vipers with nightmare-trapper rune.WS, Skirmishing, Soulbeast.I use vicious quarry instead of quickdraw, because i rarely weaponswap and it boosts my ceit chance and dmg.Its quite nice for PvE. It kills mobs fast with low toughness or high toughness reasonable fast.Full vipers still out dmgs it though.

Ya I'm more interested in a PVP/wvw build though, and what do your crits look like?

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Ya I'm more interested in a PVP/wvw build though, and what do your crits look like?

Arround 80% chance with fury and about 190% crit dmg i think.I use axe as offhand so its quite usable against a lot if mobs.

@Kraitan.8476 said:Inb4 next patch changes absolutely nothing relevant, it;'s dangerous to get your hopes up like that guys.

True but discuss I shall. And to be fair core ranger has gotten so much love in the past year and half. Had the ranger of today been in vanilla ranger would be a fucking monster.

So here's to my small hope they're listening

Archived