d/d pvp build help

Rockho.8716

@Rockho.8716 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Well, No. Not at all.To use Traits for Condi Dmg with a Power Build is going to prove absolutely useless in PvP. Especialy Pressure Striking and Trapper's Respite.

I'm a little behind when my native language is not English

I want to remove the condors and build a durable d / dCan you help me ?

Well just to be completely sure, you wanna do a Power Build with D/D or Condi?

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Well, No. Not at all.To use Traits for Condi Dmg with a Power Build is going to prove absolutely useless in PvP. Especialy Pressure Striking and Trapper's Respite.

yes I think d / d is more interesting than i think

@Alatar.7364 said:

condi trap

@Rockho.8716 said:

condi trap

If you wanna play Condi than you can't use Marauder Amulet nor Scholar Runes.Also playing D/D Condi with Traps will be pretty difficult.

You may try this Build

Now, there are quite a few Variables to this Build.1) You can swap Channeled Vigor for Withdraw, to Heal without getting Interrupted. However, I do not suggest that as you will have great use from the Vigor recieved by using Channeled Vigor, because the most Condi pressure from this build comes from spamming Death Blossom AND evade (Lotus Training)2) You can swap Roll for Initiative for Spider Venom or for Impairing Daggers to generate more Condi Pressure, but you'll have less Survivabilty, and since this Build lacks Stun Break, I would not do that either.3) Wizard Amulet can be swapped for Carrion Amulet. Carrion Amulet provides bigger Health pool and thus better Survivability, Wizard Amulet generetes a bit more DMG Pressure, both Direct and Condi.4) Swapping Deadly Trapper for Panic Strike is also a very viable Choice. Especialy if you'll decide to drop the Needle Trap, which I suggest.

About Usage;the main Source of your DMG will be spamming Death Blossom all over your Target. Basicaly do not use any other Skill. Use Roll for Inititive to replenish Initiative so you can continue spamming DB. If/when you run out of Initiative proceed to spamming Evade skill (Lotus Training), this way you will continue applying Conditions and gain some time to regenerate Initiative, I suggest using Death Blossom and Lotus Training regularly at the same time instead of draining Ini pool by DB and then Evading.Once you run out of Endurance use Signet of Agility to gain one more Dodge. I'd suggest keeping Signet of Agility without use as long as possible as it is good Condi Clense too.If you are pressured swap to Shortbow, make distance and continue pressure by spamming Choking Gas.The Needle Trap is there since you wanted it to be Condi Trap. This one is the only Condi Trap skill in Thiefs Arsenal, use it after your target wasted its dodges and drop it right on top of it. It is an Unblockable skill so use it when Guardian starts Blocking, so you don't waste your Ini on Death Blossom or Endurance on Lotus Training. However, it is extremely unreliabale and I would definitely suggest completely dropping the Idea of Condi Trap and Swap it for some Stun Break or more Condi Pressure (viz. Spider Venom or Impairing Daggers)

PS:There are many more Variables that adapt to your personal Taste. For Example you could go for Shadow Refuge instead of other Utillity Skills to have more Survivability. Etc. etc. etc.

@Alatar.7364 said:

condi trap

If you wanna play Condi than you can't use Marauder Amulet nor Scholar Runes.Also playing D/D Condi with Traps will be pretty difficult.

You may try

Now, there are quite a few Variables to this Build.1) You can swap
for
, to Heal without getting Interrupted. However, I do not suggest that as you will have great use from the Vigor recieved by using Channeled Vigor, because the most Condi pressure from this build comes from spamming
Death Blossom
AND
evade
(
)2) You can swap
for
or for
to generate more Condi Pressure, but you'll have less Survivabilty, and since this Build lacks Stun Break, I would not do that either.3)
Wizard Amulet
can be swapped for
. Carrion Amulet provides bigger Health pool and thus better Survivability, Wizard Amulet generetes a bit more DMG Pressure, both Direct and Condi.

About Usage;
the main Source of your DMG will be spamming
all over your Target. Basicaly do not use any other Skill. Use
Roll for Inititive
to replenish Initiative so you can continue spamming DB. If/when you run out of Initiative proceed to spamming
Evade skill
(
), this way you will continue applying Conditions and gain some time to regenerate
Initiative
, I suggest using
Death Blossom
and
Lotus Training
regularly at the same time instead of draining Ini pool by DB and then Evading.Once you run out of Endurance use
to gain one more Dodge. I'd suggest keeping Signet of Agility without use as long as possible as it is good Condi Clense too.If you are pressured swap to Shortbow, make distance and continue pressure by spamming
.The
is there since you wanted it to be Condi Trap. This one is the only Condi Trap skill in Thiefs Arsenal, it is extremely unreliabale and I would definitely suggest completely dropping the Idea of Condi Trap and Swap it for some Stun Break or more Condi Pressure (viz.
Spider Venom
or
Impairing Daggers
)

PS:There are many more Variables that adapt to your personal Taste. For Example you could go for
instead of other Utillity Skills to have more Survivability. Etc. etc. etc.

thank you buddy.I'm looking for this friendty

If doing a death blossom condition thief you can also consider dropping DA for Acro. This might seem counterintuitive but this will make you very resilient to conditions and helps to neutralize IMMOBS via don't stop. You get yet more dodges via the added regen of endurance which helps make up for the loss of Potent Poison. I found Potent poison was not an optimal skill unless you could maintain a steady 8+ stacks of poison. (the boost then becomes the equivalent of 3 stacks) If you plan on using venomshare Potent poison the way to go.

Via Acro you will in essence have regen running full time and and your ample evades can help trigger regen , ini gain or added heals in some combination depending on traits chosen. If stunned and HTC traited you get more dodges. EA and don't stop in conjunction along with PR as removal allows ample Condition cleanse. (keeping the cover conditions of chill/cripple and immob off via don't stop makes EA much more effiicient) It also gives very much needed swiftness.

GI is even usable in such a build. While I do not Pvp I tailored a build using GI in conjunction with Armor that had some healing in it in wvw. This kept health >75 percent for long periods of time making it very hard for confusion stacks to be loaded on you. (Mesmers fighting me would just eventually give up and flee)

The single largest weakness of this build is gap closing. You can be wrecked by people at range before you able to output any damage at all if your steal your only closer. Added to that in the DA/Tr/DrD version , those familiar with the evade frames of the DB thief can shut it down via IMMOBS and Stuns. A person facing a Death Blossom build can usually escape at will and a lot of the success of the build is predicated on how the enemy plays. If he stands to fight in your DB umbrella you can prevail, if he kites you can be in trouble. Generally you exhaust your INI using the deathblossoms so closing or opening a gap by switching to SB and using 5 not all that reliable.

@babazhook.6805 said:If doing a death blossom condition thief you can also consider dropping DA for Acro. This might seem counterintuitive but this will make you very resilient to conditions and helps to neutralize IMMOBS via don't stop. You get yet more dodges via the added regen of endurance which helps make up for the loss of Potent Poison. I found Potent poison was not an optimal skill unless you could maintain a steady 8+ stacks of poison. (the boost then becomes the equivalent of 3 stacks) If you plan on using venomshare Potent poison the way to go.

Via Acro you will in essence have regen running full time and and your ample evades can help trigger regen , ini gain or added heals in some combination depending on traits chosen. If stunned and HTC traited you get more dodges. EA and don't stop in conjunction along with PR as removal allows ample Condition cleanse. (keeping the cover conditions of chill/cripple and immob off via don't stop makes EA much more effiicient) It also gives very much needed swiftness.

GI is even usable in such a build. While I do not Pvp I tailored a build using GI in conjunction with Armor that had some healing in it in wvw. This kept health >75 percent for long periods of time making it very hard for confusion stacks to be loaded on you. (Mesmers fighting me would just eventually give up and flee)

The single largest weakness of this build is gap closing. You can be wrecked by people at range before you able to output any damage at all if your steal your only closer. Added to that in the DA/Tr/DrD version , those familiar with the evade frames of the DB thief can shut it down via IMMOBS and Stuns. A person facing a Death Blossom build can usually escape at will and a lot of the success of the build is predicated on how the enemy plays. If he stands to fight in your DB umbrella you can prevail, if he kites you can be in trouble. Generally you exhaust your INI using the deathblossoms so closing or opening a gap by switching to SB and using 5 not all that reliable.

I have developed such a tactic

This is what I use for my thief when I play d/d in pvpBuild- http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lClOh9OBWOB8PhFYCbuDWCbhehhzQbQLBEA2NA-jpxHQBK7QAAgjAABPBAqY/hrVGQhPAAA

Steal and signet of infiltration will allow you to port and get Cloak and Dagger off from range and go directly into backstab. The evade on dagger 3 allows you to forego the endurance refill from the signet of agility. It's fairly durable and is pretty hard to catch. won't be as strong as s/d or d/p but it will work with enough practice and time.

@Rockho.8716 said:

@"babazhook.6805" said:If doing a death blossom condition thief you can also consider dropping DA for Acro. This might seem counterintuitive but this will make you very resilient to conditions and helps to neutralize IMMOBS via don't stop. You get yet more dodges via the added regen of endurance which helps make up for the loss of Potent Poison. I found Potent poison was not an optimal skill unless you could maintain a steady 8+ stacks of poison. (the boost then becomes the equivalent of 3 stacks) If you plan on using venomshare Potent poison the way to go.

I have developed such a tacticwvw construction

Archived