Disable tool tips during combat

nopoet.2960

On 2/12/2023 at 2:03 AM, MrFUBR.8309 said:

Mouse (I use a trackball because it's faster) is used for movement (not the WSAD keys, they are slow) and targeting.  All the spell/skills should be mapped to the numpad (like data entry, you don't need to move your hand). That is the best setup to play with.

😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Seems like it would only benefit left-handed players (or those with the numpad on the left).  I use a roller-ball mouse, but it would be very awkward to use the numpad with my left hand. 

I am right handed and use the numpad with my left hand. No problem, my right hand is for movement and targeting, left hand is hitting buttons on the numpad. I do not have to move my hands at all. That's the point to the configuration because if you are spending your time moving your hands, while you are doing that I am hitting keys...

EDIT: I don't have a left handed keyboard, that would mess thing up since I am right handed. I like the numpad on the right side so my left hand makes it easier to reach.

EDIT: You can also buy a USB numpad for 9 bucks and put it anywhere you want. I have one too, it's great...

Edited by MrFUBR.8309

6 hours ago, MrFUBR.8309 said:

It's a quarter of a century of experience and physics. We figured this out in 1995-6  with DOOM /Quake Deathmatchs long before Everquest ever came out and that game and all since have proved it correct.  You can learn from us that know or you can be slow  it's up to you. I don't care, just letting people know how this works so those that want to be better have the knowledge.

ah, so the first one, thanks for clarifying.

51 minutes ago, MrFUBR.8309 said:

I am right handed and use the numpad with my left hand. No problem, my right hand is for movement and targeting, left hand is hitting buttons on the numpad. I do not have to move my hands at all. That's the point to the configuration because if you are spending your time moving your hands, while you are doing that I am hitting keys...

Even using it the way you describe (which is pretty bad), setting up all the bindings on the numpad (with not moving your hand being the goal) is -to say the least- suboptimal seeing how you could be binding regular letter keys, still not move your left hand and have way more keys within the reach of that hand -and that's not counting positioning your left hand within the reach of modifiers.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Even using it the way you describe (which is pretty bad), setting up all the bindings on the numpad (with not moving your hand being the goal) is -to say the least- suboptimal seeing how you could be binding regular letter keys, still not move your left hand and have way more keys within the reach of that hand -and that's not counting positioning your left hand within the reach of modifiers.

I would really like to see anyone that can hit the Z and the + with one hand. You gotta have a very big hand, like a foot wide to do that, so that's not gonna happen... Try again though...

And no hand movement is the goal, anything less is suboptimal...

Edited by MrFUBR.8309
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, MrFUBR.8309 said:

I would really like to see anyone that can hit the Z and the + with one hand. You gotta have a very big hand, like a foot wide to do that, so that's not gonna happen... Try again though...

Why would you need to press z and + with one hand? What does this have to do with more keys being in range when the hand is in the middle (or "wsad" area) of the keyboard than when you have your hand on the numpad?

3 minutes ago, MrFUBR.8309 said:

And no hand movement is the goal, anything less is suboptimal...

Yeah, then what you keep "advertising" here is suboptimal, as already explained.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, then what you keep "advertising" here is suboptimal, as already explained.

It's is the optimal, sorry you can't grasp simple things like physics and stuff...

You do understand that the WSAD on the keyboard is the slowest thing you can do, right? Because the keyboard is the slowest input device, right? Do you want me to have to explain all the mechanics of how a keyboard works for you too?  The scanning and pause delay and all the rest...

Edited by MrFUBR.8309
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, MrFUBR.8309 said:

It's is the optimal, sorry you can't grasp simple things like physics and stuff...

v

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why would you need to press z and + with one hand? What does this have to do with more keys being in range when the hand is in the middle (or "wsad" area) of the keyboard than when you have your hand on the numpad?

It's as "optimal" as your copy-paste based quoting of the posts, so not at all. Put your left hand on dfgh keys and count how many keys you can reach without moving your hand. Then do the same with numpad. Then do the same with regular "wasd" hand positioning and count the keys including using the key modifiers. Out of those 3 options you've picked the worst one, so you're clearly wrong, that's all. But you already know that, which is why you didn't even bother quoting the questions I've asked about your irrelevant strawman attempts, let alone responding to them.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Then do the same with numpad. you're wrong, that's all. But you already know that, which is why you didn't even bother quoting the questions I've asked, let alone responding to them.

You need to be on the same page. you are talking about a totally different thing, but you already know that, just trying to make noise...

• Confused 2

So you might be starting to grasp what I was saying. It's a start for you. Never said you HAVE to bind it to the numpad, just said it is an awesome tight group to map it to. The point, which you can't seem to grasp, is that you do not want to use the keyboard for movement, ever... and use the keyboard for spell/skill usage... Got it now?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3