Real talk: It is time to give Legendary Weapons freely swappable Sigils.

Oglaf.1074

Jup, 100%. The fact that they made infusions swappable on the backpieces and ascessories as wel, not just the armor, tells me that that this is the way "legendary" should work. So it should be the same for weapons. To keep the tier consistent, to make legendaries more versatile and more "special". I crafted two legendaries for roughly 4k gold, but because I can't swap their infusions/sigils I had to build two ascended weapons to be able to switch between condi and power.Just make it happen ANet.

/agree

For me Legendary Weapons are only good for the skins. So I only have two, don't really get excited by the look of the others. The stat swap isn't worth the cost imo. If we could keep the sigils then they would be more useful and might be worth the effort. I could always put a different skin on them.

Ascended weapons are very easy and cheap to make and I can use skins that actually look cool. Why bother with a legendary when most of them look horrible anyways.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"ghettogenius.9174" said:If I were fortunate enough to have a legendary weapon then spending a few gold every now and then for a new sigil would be fairly insignificant imo.

Except some sigils are more expensive than several precursors.

Ok, what sigils are you using? Most superior sigils are in silvers. Some are in the golds but most of those people wouldn't be swapping those out, and if they did that's on them.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/superior%20sigil?sort_min_sale_unit_price=asc&rarity_filter=-1http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/superior%20sigil?sort_min_sale_unit_price=desc&rarity_filter=-1https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precursor_weapon

Also you can't swap sigils in precusors either so not sure you can use them in comparison versus the legi's which are in the thousands. Sigil costs are still a fraction of the cos t of crafting all new ascended weapons.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@"ghettogenius.9174" said:If I were fortunate enough to have a legendary weapon then spending a few gold every now and then for a new sigil would be fairly insignificant imo.

Except some sigils are more expensive than several precursors.

Ok, what sigils are you using? Most superior sigils are in silvers. Some are in the golds but most of those people wouldn't be swapping those out, and if they did that's on them.

Also you can't swap sigils in precusors either so not sure you can use them in comparison versus the legi's which are in the thousands. Sigil costs are still a fraction of the cos t of crafting all new ascended weapons.

If you say so, obviously you're very well informed... I'm not going to argue. But next time you're online, search the TP for sigils, also check what sigils are Meta.And if you think that if you're swaping stats you'll be able to keep the old sigils, just because they were expensive... I don't know whether to laugh or feel sad for you...And just because you're so well informed i'll just give you a simple example:The most commonly used Chrono build is Commander's. Sigils for a commander's Chrono (meta build) cost ~50 gold (Sigil of Concentration ~42 gold, plus 2 Force = 8 gold).I don't understand your point about crafting new ascended weapons, since they don't come with sigils, but sigils cost more than a new weapon for this case.And btw there's sigils in the 100's of gold Area (Karka slaying), no one uses it... But if i had that slotted on an ascended i'd rather dismantle the ascended than lose the sigil.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

If you say so, obviously you're very well informed... I'm not going to argue. But next time you're online, search the TP for sigils, also check what sigils are Meta.And if you think that if you're swaping stats you'll be able to keep the old sigils, just because they were expensive... I don't know whether to laugh or feel sad for you...And just because you're so well informed i'll just give you a simple example:The most commonly used Chrono build is Commander's. Sigils for a commander's Chrono (meta build) cost ~50 gold (Sigil of Concentration ~42 gold, plus 2 Force = 8 gold).I don't understand your point about crafting new ascended weapons, since they don't come with sigils, but sigils cost more than a new weapon for this case.And btw there's sigils in the 100's of gold Area (Karka slaying), no one uses it... But if i had that slotted on an ascended i'd rather dismantle the ascended than lose the sigil.

I really did wish to know which ones you were swapping since a majority are 2 silver. You cited exactly the highest, unless you are awash in gold why would you not just use an ascended for this? I say this since if I was flipping something like that I would lockdown what I needed and just keep it in the pack. This is more a matter of choice, so you are looking for a code change for the 1% of the player base. The issue here is that they choose to use two different systems for the legendaries which is the problem I grant you. But the difference in prices in runes versus sigils is a much larger gap. And disclosure I have no leg armor but 4 leg weapons and I do swap stats on a regular basis. So I live that swapping already. But if I am flipping a sigil that much I just create an ascended for the purpose. Again, request away since it shows Anet interest but the cost thing being used on both sides of the argument doesn't hold much weight.

Archived