Desyncing Issues [merged]

tonny.7580

Been having the same issue for the last few days. It seems to randomly effect anyone and, when it happens, it'll incorrectly show the position of other players in open world as well as their marker or tags on the mini map, making it impossible to know where they are. It is irritating in parties but it makes squads unworkable when it happens to the commander.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been having issues for days. Trying to play with my girlfriend and she starts running everywhere, shooting nothing with her bow, she runs into walls. This has been very annoying...a quick F12 will fix that but when you are in WvW or doing story missions it's not really convienient...

Last night we realized members of the party were seeing different things. One player would see themselves standing beside me, but I could not see them and would some times see their dot on the other side of the map. The issue came and went as we ran around the map with different people having the issue. If we popped up to our guild hall and back down or way pointed it seemed to fix it for a while. Really hard to work together when you can't see half of your party.

Yeah, agreed. This is what I experienced, and people are also reporting it on Reddit too.

@Taisynn.1290 said:Yeah, I asked Reddit about this too. I’ve been on multiple Hero Point and META event trains in HoT where commanders will be leading us to the next area, and then suddenly be walking into walls and falling off ledges. Worse yet, if I use a teleport to find, they’re still being shown way on the other edge of the map, but I show up where they said they were.

I’m constantly having to reload the page to sync back to my friends and be able to group again. It’s literally unplayable as a small team.

I was doing a party with my boyfriend when it said he was by the Rata Novus Waypoint. I go there, and he’s under the pavement splashing in the water and clipping into walls, occasionally clipping up over the concrete. On his map/game he suddenly uses a mushroom, and I watch him on my screen swirl up through the floor like a drill, then fly away to Gods knows where, then snap back suddenly.

Map Sync is completely broken.

Yeah, I’m trying to respond to all the desync threads because gosh the map sync is so off and its impossible to follow friends. Please, ANet, acknowledge the problem. Its happening on systems including Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. Three different PCs, three different operating systems, same flippin problem.

This coming from my friends. One’s from the EU (Sweden) who plays on the NA servers, one from Texas, and then I’m in California. All of us are experiencing the same desync issue, and its humorous but really obnoxious.

@Taisynn.1290 said:Yeah, I asked Reddit about this too. I’ve been on multiple Hero Point and META event trains in HoT where commanders will be leading us to the next area, and then suddenly be walking into walls and falling off ledges. Worse yet, if I use a teleport to find, they’re still being shown way on the other edge of the map, but I show up where they said they were.

I’m constantly having to reload the page to sync back to my friends and be able to group again. It’s literally unplayable as a small team.

I was doing a party with my boyfriend when it said he was by the Rata Novus Waypoint. I go there, and he’s under the pavement splashing in the water and clipping into walls, occasionally clipping up over the concrete. On his map/game he suddenly uses a mushroom, and I watch him on my screen swirl up through the floor like a drill, then fly away to Gods knows where, then snap back suddenly.

Map Sync is completely broken.

After having it happened 3 times in 12 minutes I just stopped playing. It doesn't do it in WvW, Fractals, Dungeons or Instances. So I am thinking it may have something to do with mounts of all things considering that is really the only change between those modes. I can't saying gliding because you can glide in raids and I tested that mode yet. You can add Mac on that list as well. Friend plays on a mac. So it is a code update that just effects basically everyone. Some people just may not have noticed since they play by themselves.

I agree, I've been playing with friends and we're all over the place. I'll have a friend that appears running into a wall a good thirty second run away, start a hero point right next to me. Hopefully A-net finds out whatever the problem is and fixes it soon! :)

My wife and I play side by side so we can clearly see that we are seeing each other on the map/mini-map in the wrong spots. makes it hard to say come over here...The desync is bad and after porting or log-out/back on will be bad in just a few minutes again.
This just started happening in the past week. Its very frustrating to play as a party this way.

Been noticing this today. Playing with my girlfriend and we are trying to DUO some instances and events together. Our computers are right next to each other, so when I look at her on my screen, it shows her in the water, but she's in a completely separate place on land. Really distressing when we try to fight champions, and we can't help each other, or when one of us dies, we can't even rezz the other because the location we see each others body's is not where we actually are. Really upsetting in instance environments where we can't F12 or else we have to restart the instance. Please look into and resolve this.

For a guy like me, who plays mostly with others and likes to help people, it's made the game far more difficult to enjoy. I was helping a returning guildie yesterday. Fortunately we were on voice. But we're on a structure and he jumps off. I'm like why did you go down there. He said I was following you. I said I didn't go anywhere. He's on the bottom surrounded by creatures, he dies, I jump down to help him, I can't find his body. The nearest waypoint is halfway across the map because it's PoF, and I'm like sorry mate, I'm not sure this is working today. This is by far the worst I've seen this. It's been happening for a couple of days, but yesterday was all day and it really affected my enjoyment of the game.

It's a problem that doesn't affect only the parties, we have that bug also during the leather farm in Lake Doric and today, also people not in the squad had troubles to follow me, because i kept to appear in wrong places, the only temporary "fix" we've found to be seen by each other was to mount and dismount each time we were able, but yes it's frustating to play in that way.

This just started happening to me tonight after my client DC'd threw up a connection to server error twice and then crashed out the client. Game had been running smooth all week until that. Now every time my fiance and I move a little too far away from each other we turn invisible to the other. We play in the same living room. So I can see his screen as he uses the TV as his monitor and I play on a laptop.I found relogging only fixes it temporarily and once he runs ahead I lose him.

It has been funny when attacking enemies and this enemy is appearing on my screen to be beaten up by an unknown invisible force...I See his mini and when I am invisible to him he can see my minions. Very frustrating.

Yeah, same stuff goin' on here. My boyfriend and I play together all the time and this bug has been making it difficult the past couple days. Very hard to help him get full map completion when he can't always see where I actually am on the map. This has never happened before in the [almost] year now that we've been playing; it only started after this most recent patch, so I can only assume that something in this latest patch is causing this glitch. If this could get fixed asap it'd be really lovely to be able to play with him properly again.

Here it is, Sunday, and my guild and I are still experiencing this problem.It doesn't matter if we're in open world or an instance, we are repeatedly desync'd. People appear to have fallen when they haven't, you can't find them to rez them when they're downed or defeated. You can't follow anyone, because they aren't where you think they are. Basically, you never know where the others in your group are, nor what they are doing. Some of us are sync'd, some are not, and everyone is scattered and running around trying to figure out where we all are, rather than enjoying the game!As someone above said, mounting/dismounting does help, but that is not a fix.VoiP doesn't help much; all we can say is, "well, I don't see you where you are. Everybody, mount up!" Unless, of course, one or more of us are defeated; in which case we get to spend some silver on a waypoint. :/I didn't expect the problem to be fixed overnight, but a response from ArenaNet would really be appreciated. There are several threads here in the Bugs forum on this very same topic, so this isn't an isolated issue.I think it bears repeating that the game is nigh unplayable because of this, and it has gone well beyond frustrating.

Just tossing my hat into bug arena as well.My wife and I have been having this issue since after the patch on the 23rd. We will try the mount/demount suggestion here but for us so far it is either go a long way away from each other then back, port to a WP or if I am on my elementalist use their short range port to 'sync up' again.We can quite happily kill the same mobs. Her pet and if I have one mine also usually appear in the correct spot (well so far always I'd say but not willing to commit) however the location of our avatars themselves are way off.This is very disappointing and really does ruin the enjoyment we usually experience while playing.

As with others saying so, I would like to see some official comment from AANET. It's been a week now with people saying this is happening so acknowledging this fact alone would be the right thing to do even if you don't think it is your code (which quite evidently it has to be as it is the only common theme for the players concerned I'd wager).

Cheers to anyone who read this, appreciate your time.. AANET if you have read it, really I am paying for yours and would appreciate some allocated to a response if not a given reason..

Archived