Desyncing Issues [merged]

tonny.7580

Having the same issue here. Four PCs within 20ft never had a sync issue until last week. It makes it damn near impossible to follow someone in party across the map. The only thing I don't see affected is story instances. Come on ANET acknowledge this and get someone on it. This is turning your MMO into a single player game at best. Your screwed in a party or squad...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ArenaNet Staff

Good day everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we've got folks looking into the desyncing issues. Thank you for your reports!

Edit: Gaile and the communications team helped merge all the Desync threads into one place. (Ty Gaile!) If folks hear others talking about this issue, please let them know they can refer to this thread.

For what it's worth, the following occurred the other night and the actions taken did not break the de-synchronization issue:

I was brought into a small party in Auric Basin to run some Hero Points. On the eastern side of the map is the Mordrem Flower/Vinetooth Hero Point. Our party ran from Eastwatch, used the mushrooms, and ran to where the hero point is. I was the first to arrive, and was waiting for others so started shooting Mordrem Bombers. About half a minute later, the party leader trotted up next to me on her raptor, and asked me in party chat if I needed a port.I asked why I would need a port, as I was already at the HP.
On her client, I was still down in the event area near the bouncing mushrooms, and another party member confirmed that my character was standing down there.We decided to see if starting the hero point would result in a forced synchronization, so I started it.Throughout the entire fight my character did not show up for them. Everyone completed the Hero Point, and achievements/loot/etc. went smoothly for everyone.The de-synchronization however never broke.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:We have discovered the (hopefully the only) root cause of this bug, in which mounting up will cause you do be improperly synced until you swap maps, hence why this isn't seen in WvW or PvP. We are working on a fix now, not sure if we will be able to get it out before the 6th yet.

this would explain the teleporting (well, more of a very fast uncontrolled movement) back and forth I see rather often when mounting or dismounting especially in cases when you mount/dismount rapidly like the prenerf palawadan chest farm. That said, this issue has been around far longer than the more recent chronic desync issues.

@That Guy.5704 said:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:We have discovered the (hopefully the only) root cause of this bug, in which mounting up will cause you do be improperly synced until you swap maps, hence why this isn't seen in WvW or PvP. We are working on a fix now, not sure if we will be able to get it out before the 6th yet.

this would explain the teleporting (well, more of a very fast uncontrolled movement) back and forth I see rather often when mounting or dismounting especially in cases when you mount/dismount rapidly like the prenerf palawadan chest farm. That said, this issue has been around far longer than the more recent chronic desync issues.Yeah, mounting triggers a temporary resync, but since its in a broken state, it drifts from any other client movement later.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

this would explain the teleporting (well, more of a very fast uncontrolled movement) back and forth I see rather often when mounting or dismounting especially in cases when you mount/dismount rapidly like the prenerf palawadan chest farm. That said, this issue has been around far longer than the more recent chronic desync issues.Yeah, mounting triggers a temporary resync, but since its in a broken state, it drifts from any other client movement later.

alright. that explains another anomaly. The other week I flew down to desmina's platform so we could start rainbow road. my whole squad saw me on my mount running away up the road. On my screen I was just standing there. a couple mount cycles and I was resynced. This is all good to know so we can force a resync (however flawed) until the actual bug is fixed.

Have been experiencing this as well but didn't keep active notes because I didn't realize that there was a dedicated thread here for it. We've had to exit and restart the client to resolve the desync. Didn't try rezoning instead. Will give that a try the next time. Thanks, devs, for looking into this really annoying bug!

Just want to add to the list as well. We were trying to do guild missions last night and were having some troubles. During the guild races, we had teammates warping around, and also failed several times to complete the races. It showed we had plenty of time on the clock, but failed several times in a row. Every third time or so we were able to complete. Also on the Trek missions we would fail with 30 seconds or so still on the clock for the hard trek. Sometimes it took several attempts to claim a location. You would interact with it, but it would not allow you to claim the spot. In many cases I would see guild mates in the ground, above me, or not there at all. Then after standing there for 10 seconds or so it would finally 'click'. Raiding has also been very difficult with people warping and showing up in different locations than where they thought they were.

You might want to re look at that I've been getting these issues in instanced content, it's certainly not lag or bad fps it is a complete de-sync right to the point where it locks up the client.

A friend and I - playing on two PCs side-by-side - experienced some sync issues over the weekend. In one case we waypointed in to Dredgehaunt Cliffs and immediately went to the Tribulation Rift jumping puzzle. I was ahead of her. On her screen, I was just southwest of the tower, running and jumping around on the ground in a square-like pattern. From the top of the tower I looked back expecting to see her just behind me. Instead, I saw her in that same spot on the ground, running the same pattern, but on her monitor she was half-way up the tower.

I can't recall if it was before or after that, we were both doing the Spelunker's Delve JP (working on Twilight III) and also experienced a bit of desyncing in there.

I also popped into WvW a few times over the weekend, but didn't notice any similar issues.

I've experienced a weird moment of desync in my guild hall (Gilded Hollow) where I'd sit down somewhere but it'd be a completely different place on my guildie's screen. I'm assuming it's to do with the mounts, because I usually take a mount to get to that place. It was a bit better after I waypointed, but I think only after we both waypointed did it fix itself a bit.

Over this past weekend though, I saw a lot of desyncing happening during raids. This was especially evident in W5 on Soulless Horror where I'd see a lot of members fall off the platform, but they weren't really dying and I was just desynced with them...

@LoopySnoopy.7923 said:

You might want to re look at that I've been getting these issues in instanced content, it's certainly not lag or bad fps it is a complete de-sync right to the point where it locks up the client.

Desync will not lock up your client. Desync simply results in other players not knowing where you are located. This seems like something else.

@That Guy.5704 said:this would explain the teleporting (well, more of a very fast uncontrolled movement) back and forth I see rather often when mounting or dismounting especially in cases when you mount/dismount rapidly like the prenerf palawadan chest farm. That said, this issue has been around far longer than the more recent chronic desync issues.

As I wrote above, a friend and I had some sync issues this past weekend. The teleporting-like movement you're referring to was also something that we saw happen to one another. It's worth mentioning however, that - as reported by other players - some game exploits that allow a player to move ultra fast result in an identical movement pattern. So, I'd caution others to keep that in mind if they see a player doing this teleporting movement - it may just be that they're out of sync, and not that they're hacking,

Saw something last night that is either a big bug, the desynching, or a hack. During the pre and during the event of the Megadestroyer, there were people out walking around on top of the lava. I also noticed that they would be attacking something in the completely wrong direction from where they should have. So I would think this could easily be watched to see the problem in action or to see if it was fixed.

On Saturday night, our guild did a guild hall jumping puzzle as thirty people, and some people appeared to be falling to their deaths when they didn't even miss a jump. At times, their character did not reappear in the correct spot for as long as a minute, making it difficult to tell how far players had progressed in the epic Shattered Dreams puzzle.

Fixed an issue that caused a severe client desync.

Ah, okay. Well, feel free to run the puzzle and see if anyone feigns falling to their death.

The only de-sync I've been seeing is in PvP since I started the new season. This is most obvious when I try to stomp someone and the stomp happens after I get frustrated that the "F" key isn't stomping ,then start moving away and the stomp happens to the downed player while I'm already a few meters away...

Can't say much about previous seasons, I haven't played more than a handful of games in the SERVER### maps in the past few seasons.

Archived