Class decision.

Hi,since I can't realy decide wich class to play, maybe you could help me with your input.I am searching for a (mostly) ranged class (conditions or power doesn't matter) with good buff support (healing is nice but I normaly like classes that buff-support others). Preferably with solid survivability to solo stuff. Mostly for PvE content.Necro so far is unrivaled in every other case than support. Great condition damage, easy to play and more survivability than every other class so far. Wich other ranged class provide a solid amount of survival skills, can solo stuff and has a good amount of buffs for others?I've read about Ele but don't realy know how viable they are in case of survivability and ranged options. Mostly read about Dagger, Warhorn, Sword and Staff (wich seems to lack the survival part). How is Guardian doing? Firebrand seems to have a ranged option with the scepter and a lot of buffs.

1: all classes can play ranged and melee. In general, melee is stronger then ranged and more effective.2: The game does not use the traditional trinity. In most game formats you do not have roles in the party. an incoming heal or buff is always like, but you are expected to stand on your own. In open world PvE, dungeons and low level fractals, bringing support is counter constructive as it is perfectly possible to win without them. The self heal and damage avoid mechanics like dodging and moving are more then enough. Only in high tier fractals and raids you have roles, but they are also very much designed (by players) to be optimum in those formats.

In that case I think guardian is very nice as it uses debuffs and mechanics to the self defence. But still going melee is more optimum then ranged.

WET Ele with a sensible stat spread can pretty much do it all, even if not being the best at anything. Run D/D while solo, and put on a staff while in groups. I personally enjoy it more than I enjoy my Firebrand or Druid support builds as it has far better mobility than the former, and far greater damage output than the latter.

I think a ranger would be the best fit for what you are describing. Ranger pets are especially helpful in solo PvE (as you can have them keep the enemies attention for you while you blast away with a longbow). If you have the HoT expansion, the Druid elite specialization for ranger will offer you some of the healing and buffs you mentioned. That way you can have one profession to learn thoroughly, which will have some options down the road for different playstyles without having to roll a new profession.

Archived