Stuck at 0kb downloading speed

When I try to run the game there just is a pop-up stating "downloading 0kb". Left it open a few hours but nothing changed. I searched the forums to find a solution and tried most of the 'solutions' regarding the "connection error(s) detected" problem but nothing seems to work, even starting windows in safety mode with only my network available didn't work. Also used a VPN to work around the problem and also tried the -assetrsv solution. My operating system is windows 10, has anybody else experienced the same issue?

Not sure about Windows 10, but in Windows 7, I found that flushing the DNS resolver cache often fixes this issue for me. You can accomplish this by bringing up the start menu, and typing CMD in the field that says "search files and programs". Then once you have the MS-DOS command prompt up, type ipconfig /flushdns

After a short delay, you should see a message to the effect of "Successfully flushed DNS resolver cache". After that, close the command prompt window, and try starting GW2 again.

Best of luck, and hope this helps.

Yeah I allready tried everything with the command prompt and also manually changed my dns. I literally tried every solution provided on the reddit and forums but nothing worked. I just now tried turning of my anti-virus and firewall but still nothing... I'll send try contacting support, hope they can help. Thanks for the advice though.

The -assetsrv IPs change regularly. To lookup the IPs for the primary server, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

-assetsrv 34.192.84.107

A VPN should have worked, assuming GW2 was actually tunneling through it and the VPN wasn't on the same network, thus potentially having the same problem. If multiple VPN servers around the world didn't work, it's likely a software problem. Running in safe mode would potentially fix that, except some software takes over the drivers. If you're running any web filtering software, disable it. To reset the protocols, open a command prompt and enter:netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip reset

For a little more information, you can use the -log option, which will write to %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log. It should tell you whether it's failing to connect or downloading corrupted data, though if it were, the amount downloaded should increase.

You can also try deleting %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat and running a -repair, which will essentially recheck the latest patch.

Archived