Possible bug or even a cheat in Dragon Ball Arena: infinite health

You are not wrong, there's cheaters exploiting a bug. A passive effect from a profession mechanic is not being disabled by the activity, and is healing them.

But it isn't being reported since it can't be reported in-game. People who want to report this has to "send proof" to exploits@arena.net. And so barely anyone reports it. A player who wants to report a cheater would try click the player's name, select Report, then choose something like "Cheating/Exploiting", but there's no such option. So people give up right there. They won't try to find out how to report it. And even if they do find out, they may not be able to find another cheater doing the same thing, or not be able to record a video or take good screenshots, since it's a very hectic game mode in which people run around a lot.

No proper way to report, no reports, the exploit doesn't get fixed.

Take Guardians getting aegis in activities. It has been reported since day one. No fix to the bug. Nothing preventing guardians from entering activities as a hotfix. No way to report players entering activities with a guardian. It saves them from a hit in Southsun Survival and the like, and while it's usually a 1-time effect they carry over from PvE, it sometimes returns for them. And It's been like that for over 5 years.

There's also other bugs in Dragon Ball Arena.

• Traits, gear, upgrades and profession mechanics are not being properly disabled for all characters of all professions.
  • The new 3 skill chill blast sends you flying sky high if used on a jumping pad with a certain timing.
  • The new skill 4 dragon kick flies over the target instead towards them, often resulting in not hitting them the closer the are. Combat Mode makes this way worse.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:You are not wrong, there's cheaters exploiting a bug. A passive effect from a profession mechanic is not being disabled by the activity, and is healing them.

But it isn't being reported since it can't be reported in-game. People who want to report this has to "send proof" to exploits@arena.net. And so barely anyone reports it. A player who wants to report a cheater would try click the player's name, select Report, then choose something like "Cheating/Exploiting", but there's no such option. So people give up right there. They won't try to find out how to report it. And even if they do find out, they may not be able to find another cheater doing the same thing, or not be able to record a video or take good screenshots, since it's a very hectic game mode in which people run around a lot.

No proper way to report, no reports, the exploit doesn't get fixed.

I actually got a good video of one of our match, after I saw two of these guys, I prepared my recording software just in case I met more of these people. I reported 2 out of 3, but these cheaters might cheat unknowingly though. They might not be aware of the bug. And when you report people for cheating or exploiting, "botting" is the right option to choose.

@"demitel.1340" said:They might not be aware of the bug. And when you report people for cheating or exploiting, "botting" is the right option to choose.

"Oh, whenever I get low on health I get healed immediately and I'm unkillable! Thank my lucky stars I'm the only person this is happening to". Yup, they totally don't know that they're exploiting a bug.

It's sad that people decide to cheat in this silly little mini-game.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:You are not wrong, there's cheaters exploiting a bug. A passive effect from a profession mechanic is not being disabled by the activity, and is healing them.

I'd hesitate to call them cheaters. As it happens my Firebrand is not my main and I'm highly unlikely to take her into Dragonball, but if she were the character I did most of my game activity on I'd not think twice about heading into a Dragonball match with her. Could be a lot of the Firebrands in there didn't even notice anything unusual, or at least didn't ascribe it to their build; we have a lot of new players as of PoF who've never seen the Festival before.

Now that I know it's happening, I most certainly won't get on my Firebrand for matches. In my case it would be a deliberate cheat attempt since my only reason for using her in Dragonball would be to get that advantage. I just hesitate to label everyone playing as a cheater; I know I'd hate to be told I couldn't play my Daredevil for the matches because he still got three dodges to everyone else's two. (He doesn't, it's just an example). ANet needs to fix it but meanwhile, people playing their preferred characters shouldn't be penalized or ostracized for just playing the game as normal for them.

@Donari.5237 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:You are not wrong, there's cheaters exploiting a bug. A passive effect from a profession mechanic is not being disabled by the activity, and is healing them.

I'd hesitate to call them cheaters.

If you tell a player they are cheating and ignore you, then whisper to them to leave the game and they do not, and they block you and keep going on around exploiting it after they already know they are exploiting, that's pretty much cheating in my book.

I actually reported myself last night when this happened to me and also made a post about it here on the forums. Not like I knew what was going on before I even played the Arena and I even stopped in mid battle of the game when I noticed it. I quit playing. I went to WvW and I was taking damage then logged out and came back in. I took damage in the DB Arena and died so thought it was fixed. Then lost connection with the client and logged back in. Went back to the Arena and the hp regen was back so I just quit using my FB.

Archived