Trading Post - Listing Fee&Instant Sell

Alatar.7364

As the Title suggests, my question is: Should there be a Listing Fee for Instantly selling an Item?This is not a Poll as I believe most people would vote "No" anyway.I'd just like to be educated on why is Listing Fee in effect for Items that were sold using the "Sell Instantly" option. It doesn't really make much sense to me.

@"Critical Lag.9075" said:When you instant sell, you pretty much place sell order for the price of the highest buy order.Also it's one of the biggest gold sinks in the game so we don't have endless inflation.

This is not a Poll as I believe most people would vote "No" anyway.I think most people would actually vote "Yes"

How is that Placing an Order, it's more like accepting someones else Listed Order.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Critical Lag.9075" said:When you instant sell, you pretty much place sell order for the price of the highest buy order.Also it's one of the biggest gold sinks in the game so we don't have endless inflation.

This is not a Poll as I believe most people would vote "No" anyway.I think most people would actually vote "Yes"

How is that Placing an Order, it's more like accepting someones else Listed Order.

It is placing an order. You are placing an order with the same amount of the highest buying price.

And removing Listing Fee would cause a massive inflation on most of the items. “Simple” economics, I guess.

It comes down to the purpose of listing fees, which are two fold:

• Sink an additional 5% of coin from the economy.
  • Discourage people from listing at high prices to test the market.

The first point isn't affect by whether someone sells to an existing bid or not, so it's still valid. And there are two reasons why the fee ought to apply even in the second, where relisting doesn't seem to be the issue. First, it's fair: why should someone end up with less because they listed for 1 gold, but later someone offers 99 silver? This way, everyone pays the same fees. Second, it's an unnecessary complication to have, in effect, two sets of fees. This has a minor economic effect, too.

Archived