few questions about crafting/living world seasons

Philexan.8475

Howdy, I tried to find the information on the wiki, but had trouble deciphering the complexities of crafting and was still confused on living world seasons. Thanks for the help.

1.) Do the ascended unique accessories, rings & amulets you buy from the Laurel merchant, if stat changed, can they be used in legendary crafting or are they not included in legendary recipes?

2.) If you stat change, Wings of Ascension, the ascended pvp back wings, can they still be used in legendary crafting of "The Ascension"?

3.) I have purchased both expansions, are the living world seasons included with the expansions, or do I need to buy them separately from the gem store?

1 & 2, I have no idea, but the Living World seasons have to be bought separately. On the up side, chapters are automatically unlocked as long as you log in when they are active, so Season 4 Chapter 1 is unlocked for you, and the rest will unlock over time as they are released, as long as you log in while they are there.

@"Philexan.8475" said:Howdy, I tried to find the information on the wiki, but had trouble deciphering the complexities of crafting and was still confused on living world seasons. Thanks for the help.

1.) Do the ascended unique accessories, rings & amulets you buy from the Laurel merchant, if stat changed, can they be used in legendary crafting or are they not included in legendary recipes?Ascended accessories, rings & amulets bought from Laurel merchants usually have fixed stats. There are some in living world which is bought with tokens which allows the players to select stats (some even possible to reset the item's stat with a price). Ascended are equivalent to legendary in stat value, therefore no ascended items are used as precursors/crafting materials for any legendary.

2.) If you stat change, Wings of Ascension, the ascended pvp back wings, can they still be used in legendary crafting of "The Ascension"?Assuming you meant selected a stat. Yes, it is still possible to be used as the precursor. Items that goes through transformation usually will allow/require the players to reselect a new stat for the newly produced item.

3.) I have purchased both expansions, are the living world seasons included with the expansions, or do I need to buy them separately from the gem store?As what Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said.Any previous living story missed out need to be purchased with gems. Players need to start/play the living story when it is available in order to unlock it.(permanent & free)

@Eramonster.2718 said:As what Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said.Any previous living story missed out need to be purchased with gems. Players need to start/play the living story when it is available in order to unlock it.(permanent & free)

My emphasis - the bolded part is incorrect. The only thing needed to unlock a new episode is to log in to a character. You'll get a green start bouncing above the minimap, click it and the episode is unlocked.

@"Philexan.8475" said:Howdy, I tried to find the information on the wiki, but had trouble deciphering the complexities of crafting and was still confused on living world seasons. Thanks for the help.

1.) Do the ascended unique accessories, rings & amulets you buy from the Laurel merchant, if stat changed, can they be used in legendary crafting or are they not included in legendary recipes?

None of the Rings Accessories or Amulets from the Laurel vendor can be stat changed and none are used in Legendary crafting. Only armour and weapons, Mist Accessories or Bloodstone Fen Ascended items and maybe a couple others can currently be stat changed.

2.) If you stat change, Wings of Ascension, the ascended pvp back wings, can they still be used in legendary crafting of "The Ascension"?

You can select stats and still use it to craft the Ascension. Back items can’t be stat swapped.

3.) I have purchased both expansions, are the living world seasons included with the expansions, or do I need to buy them separately from the gem store?

You’ll need to buy any you didn’t log in for. That’s only if you want the story. Going forward they aren’t paramount to have. LS3 offers easy to earn Ascended items, LS2 can be considered pre-HoT fluff.

Archived