Relink request Feb 23

Adzekul.3104

Please, for the relink next Friday, remove tier 5 from EU and redistribute those servers into the relinking. Tier 5 is truly so far below Tier 4 that it does not deserve to remain a part of the WvW game. Every week it is one server steam-rolling the other 2 and returning to Tier 4. Does not matter who the Tier 4 loser is, this is automatic. Every week.

Do the Tier 5 servers a favour also, and give them a chance to experience (for good or ill) a higher level of play.

You have a point. But looks like SFR is dropping t5 and they definitely would have the numbers if their commanders/guilds had better clue what to do :) Facerolling in rank 1 and eotm for so long got them so many players, they just dont wanna log in because they keep losing. I mean their server builds consists of things like cavalier staff ele while their commanders/guilds put 0 effort in improving people because "we must keep the air light and try to not be judgemental, no1 must be aggrevated"

Deathwise T5 is like 15k total behind T4 though which is almost 15% less deaths. The activity doesnt seem that bad but definitely Germanos need to lose 1 server considering there's so many of them at the bottom. They always been rollin with numbers. Even when kodash was in T1 with sfr + deso, they always had blobs but were kind of the weakest server fightwise so they kept up with the numbers. They still didnt reach rank 1 more than a few times for long duration though. The new linking system where you don't allow germans to have more numbers is kinda unbalanced in a way that they have a lot more of PvE players that like to ktrain in WvW casually.

And this is exactly why we need the world restructure. Tiers wouldnt matter. You just set a goal (like 4 tiers) and MMR according to that in small slices so you achieve 12 decent worlds with a flatter population curve. Now if we remove a tier, we got no less than 4 fixed server chunks to spread out onto the rest and no matter how you twist and turn it, something is gonna be unbalanced. Since all are german servers I think, that makes it 10x worse lol. Join them all with RS and you probably got a new T1 server just like that and join them with DL... yeah... no.

[tangential issue]Well, firstly the idea that Germans should stay with Germans, or French with French is just arbitrary and silly, regardless of which side of the alliance changes we are speaking about. It is a decision I would expect from a company who has no Spanish servers in a region where the Spanish-speaking population is large and growing (that's right, the USA). How is this for "heads in the sand"? For a company that values gender-diversity, sexual-orientation diversity and many others, why do they ignore the language diversity of the country in which they operate? Anyways, that is a side issue that Arenanet need to address separately.[/tangential issue]

The OP issue is not a change that should be delayed until after the alliance changes. This is a change that needs to happen as an interim step while we move towards the alliance changes.

Killactivity isn't everything. You can have 200 people play in the morning where nearly no one plays and you get a low kill rate but still maintain a high activity. And I do agree that one more german server needs to be linked. T5 setup didn't change for a long time and its always elona vs abaddon vs T4 drop server. As for the language, it does have FR, DE, and ES server because the game offers these languages, both in game and the forum, and even the support.

@Adzekul.3104 said:Please, for the relink next Friday, remove tier 5 from EU and redistribute those servers into the relinking. Tier 5 is truly so far below Tier 4 that it does not deserve to remain a part of the WvW game. Every week it is one server steam-rolling the other 2 and returning to Tier 4. Does not matter who the Tier 4 loser is, this is automatic. Every week.

Do the Tier 5 servers a favour also, and give them a chance to experience (for good or ill) a higher level of play.

Please, for the relink next Friday, remove Tier 4 from NA and redistribute those servers into the relinking. Tier 4 is truly so far below Tier 3 that it does not deserve to remain a part of the WvW game. Every week it is one server steam-rolling the other 2 and returning to Tier 3. Does not matter who the Tier 3 loser is, this is automatic. Every week.Do the Tier 4 servers a favour also, and give them a chance to experience (for good or ill) a higher level of play.

B)

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Then how do you redistribute all the German servers, without making them overpopulated in the current system? I know that's the same issue with every other server, but then you get Drakkar Lake.

Anyway, everyone should avoid T1, if they can help it.

Kodasch is a mystery to me. ANET considers it FULL, but it has the underpopulated 'buff' on all boarderlands 85% of the time. On weekdays the ubuff disappears every now an then from 7pm to 21pm on some boarderlands. So, if you want to fight outnumbered most of the time, you can join Kodasch, the FULL server.I think the whole linking system and overpopulated mechanics is fubar...

@Notjes.7182 said:

Kodasch is a mystery to me. ANET considers it FULL, but it has the underpopulated 'buff' on all boarderlands 85% of the time. On weekdays the ubuff disappears every now an then from 7pm to 21pm on some boarderlands. So, if you want to fight outnumbered most of the time, you can join Kodasch, the FULL server.I think the whole linking system and overpopulated mechanics is fubar...

As I have seen, around 6 am my time, about 10 kodash wake up to do their dailies flipping camps, sentries etc. This continues for like 6 hours meaning they have massive amount of solo players. Also they sit in their keeps lot of times because I guess the german commanders don't like the current meta or got bored of the game.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Then how do you redistribute all the German servers, without making them overpopulated in the current system? I know that's the same issue with every other server, but then you get Drakkar Lake.

Let 1-2 German servers go T1. Drakkar lake is not that overpopulated, they even dropped to t2. Germans just went there because kodash and RS are both full.

@Notjes.7182 said:

So you need a link, despite that tanking experiment? I'm not sure Kodash was ever a blobby type of server though and even AM are now in T5.

I'm not surprised, but are there enough players to fill 2 servers as it is now? We used to see a couple of International Servers get queues during prime time, now I hardly see any on Desolation. PPT is still won outside of Prime time though.

I don't know, but hopefully if and when Alliances comes, it will bring back some balance and players.

Archived