PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I like the changes, less passive "get of jail free cards" makes for better PvP. Though I'd rather see the traits reworked rather than just nerfed into oblivion. Also, why let mesmers off with so few changes? They are already overperforming in many repsects. Also the nerfs to warrior and holosmith damage seem very harsh, not sure those changes are appropriate.

«_@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey folks!

I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

A few notes:We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

Keep in mind that balance is a moving target. We know we have more to do! (...)

ElementalistSkills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW• Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.Traits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW_»

So, Let me get this straight: you're going to change and nerf - hoping for a balance and more build variety ???!!!! - builds and specs which are overperforming in pvp. Right, I'm all on board with this. However, since when FA weaver is overperforming? Am I not playing the same Guild Wars as you guys for sure, cos I see no way in the game I have been playing that FA weaver is overperforming whatsoever. I mean , unless you're taking in consideration people who have been using MACROS for years and still didnt get banned ( maybe MACROS are not forbiden and I'm not aware of?). In any case, nerfing a build based on people abusing it is just straight up senseless.

In addiction, bare in mind, there are currently 2 FA weaver builds and the one you're nerfing the most which is the hardest one to play has literally ONE condi cleanse - magnetic wave. Now, I don't need to explain to you - I sincerely hope - how weaver works but accessing magnetic wave - the ONE and ONLY condi cleanse - is not exactly easy as a weaver, since this spec doesnt allow access to certain skills directly and immediately with swapping attunements. This is not a gimmick build, unlike deadeye P/P or Rifle - which BTW can one shot people even more easily just by pressing one skill, Unload in P/P case, - having way more defenses no to mention access to almost perma stealth and boon spam.

Moreover, the rest of the almost non existant defensive skills on this particular build are not accessible in the same way the only condi cleanse is not as I've mentioned above. This makes sense, because this build is about dealing damage: it is a glass build - as glassy as you can go in this game -, very high risk for....decent reward... sometimes. Now, take away the damage what is left of this? nothing, I dare to say!!! More so, ATM decent players will always LoS the burst and focus the FA removing any chance for them to do anything. This is why ATM none wants to play this - being one of the hardest builds to play - w/o using macros anyway - and this is also why none wants a FA in their team. In fact, you made elementalist class so useless in PvP, that nowdays you can feel the eyes rolling whenever there is an elementalist in the team. After all this you still want to take the only thing that makes this build viable? heck! This is what makes elementalist not completely trash in pvp!

Balance means, according to Oxford Dictionary : « A situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.». Balance also means «Establish equal or appropriate proportions of elements in». So applied to PvP, balance means tunning down builds/specs/classes which are overperforming - blocking tremendously build/spec/class diversity - to provide to PvP a more equal and proportional environment. So, balance will never be picking up all the builds available and nerfing them all blindly wheteher they are close to being called garbage or OP. This is not what balance is about.

I don't want to go any further in my statement, I just want to say after the failure of sword weaver which ATM has really no place in the META and does nothing more than spinning around and tickling enemies with its ridiculously low damage and clunky skills that, sure makes you heal and cleanse through a lot of condis, but you have no role : as bunker you have druid, as a healer you have FB as a 1v1er you have any mirage build and you have SB and I'm not sure the upcoming changes will actually change anything in this regard. In any case, I don't understand how you can reduce a whole class to play one single build when any other class in the game have a bunch of different builds they can go with.

Guild Wars 2 has ATM 9 classes, each class has 2 elite specs. The build variety at this point and after PoF should be tremendous, yet all you see in PvP matches is the old same old: warriors with spellbreaker, rangers with druid , guardians with FB and necromancers with scourge, being mesmer the class which can actually play with both specs and not be completely garbage - bravo! - . Please, tell me is this what you had in mind with the release of a new expansion? to send HoT specs to oblivion? where is the build variety we all thought PoF would bring? What is the logic explanation for this nerf considering damage it is all FA weaver has? Why are you punishing elementalist class even more?

I'll end with a GW2 quote: «So many questions, not enough answers!»

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey folks!

I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

A few notes:We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

Keep in mind that balance is a moving target. We know we have more to do!

Warrior• Rampage: Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

RevenantSkills• Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

ThiefSkills• Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot• Infiltrator’s StrikeTraits• Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

RangerSkills• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only• Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only• Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP onlyTraits• Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only• Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only• Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

EngineerSkills• Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only• Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only• Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only• Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

ElementalistSkills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW• Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.Traits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

MesmerSkills• Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW• Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW• Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW• Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvWTraits• Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun• Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW• Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW• Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Edit: Forgot Ramage and Tornado edits in initial posting.So, Let me get this straight: you're going to change and nerf - hoping for a balance and more build variety ???!!!! - builds and specs which are overperforming in pvp. Right, I'm all on board with this. However, since when FA weaver is overperforming? Am I not playing the same Guild Wars as you guys for sure, cos I see no way in the game I have been playing that FA weaver is overperforming whatsoever. I mean , unless you're taking in consideration people who have been using MACROS for years and still didnt get banned ( maybe MACROS are not forbiden and I'm not aware of?). In any case, nerfing a build based on people abusing it is just straight up senseless.

In addiction, bare in mind, there are currently 2 FA weaver builds and the one you're nerfing the most which is the hardest one to play has literally ONE condi cleanse - magnetic wave. Now, I don't need to explain to you - I sincerely hope - how weaver works but accessing magnetic wave - the ONE and ONLY condi cleanse - is not exactly easy as a weaver, since this spec doesnt allow access to certain skills directly and immediately with swapping attunements. This is not a gimmick build, unlike deadeye P/P or Rifle - which BTW can one shot people even more easily just by pressing one skill, Unload in P/P case, - having way more defenses no to mention access to almost perma stealth and boon spam.

Moreover, the rest of the almost non existant defensive skills on this particular build are not accessible in the same way the only condi cleanse is not as I've mentioned above. This makes sense, because this build is about dealing damage: it is a glass build - as glassy as you can go in this game -, very high risk for....decent reward... sometimes. Now, take away the damage what is left of this? nothing, I dare to say!!! More so, ATM decent players will always LoS the burst and focus the FA removing any chance for them to do anything. This is why ATM none wants to play this - being one of the hardest builds to play - w/o using macros anyway - and this is also why none wants a FA in their team. In fact, you made elementalist class so useless in PvP, that nowdays you can feel the eyes rolling whenever there is an elementalist in the team. After all this you still want to take the only thing that makes this build viable? heck! This is what makes elementalist not completely trash in pvp!

Balance means, according to Oxford Dictionary : « A situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.». Balance also means «Establish equal or appropriate proportions of elements in». So applied to PvP, balance means tunning down builds/specs/classes which are overperforming - blocking tremendously build/spec/class diversity - to provide to PvP a more equal and proportional environment. So, balance will never be picking up all the builds available and nerfing them all blindly wheteher they are close to being called garbage or OP. This is not what balance is about.

I don't want to go any further in my statement, I just want to say after the failure of sword weaver which ATM has really no place in the META and does nothing more than spinning around and tickling enemies with its ridiculously low damage and clunky skills that, sure makes you heal and cleanse through a lot of condis, but you have no role : as bunker you have druid, as a healer you have FB as a 1v1er you have any mirage build and you have SB and I'm not sure the upcoming changes will actually change anything in this regard. In any case, I don't understand how you can reduce a whole class to play one single build when any other class in the game have a bunch of different builds they can go with.

Guild Wars 2 has ATM 9 classes, each class has 2 elite specs. The build variety at this point and after PoF should be tremendous, yet all you see in PvP matches is the old same old: warriors with spellbreaker, rangers with druid , guardians with FB and necromancers with scourge, being mesmer the class which can actually play with both specs and not be completely garbage - bravo! - . Please, tell me is this what you had in mind with the release of a new expansion? to send HoT specs to oblivion? where is the build variety we all thought PoF would bring? What is the logic explanation for this nerf considering damage it is all FA weaver has? Why are you punishing elementalist class even more?

I'll end with a GW2 quote: «So many questions, not enough answers!»

Archived