Electric Wyvern F2 is too hard to hit

shadowpass.4236

It is buggy as hell, that's for sure. I would love for it to be updated. It sucks having such an important skill fail so often.

The most reliable way I get it to work if it's already pursuing a target is to put it on follow, then immediately command it to attack the target and press F2. This helps "realign" it and gives it a better chance of succeeding. Still doesn't always work though.

I have not found a 100% way of getting it to work, but I have had the most luck when triggering while within a 400 radius. Oddly, closer say 200 or less, it's pretty much guaranteed to fail, and if activated from afar (600+), it is prone to failure as well. Additionally, as mentioned, if the target is somehow slowed or knock downed, immobilized, etc. it seems more likely to work. Following a target works fairly for me if in that specific radius and for the most part directly behind without any adjusted angle. To get back to the original question, Lightening Assault is a great skill on paper, but its shortcomings have made it to where I won't use the pet.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:unrelated maybe but-- seemed like every nub ranger I came across was running this pet about 3 weeks back.And if I see a ranger run this pet I automatically think their bad. Haven't lost to one yet.

When Electric Wyverns autoattack range/speed was buffed, combined at the time with the extreme prevalence of reflects from meta PvP builds pushing down the effectiveness of Bristleback, Wyvern became a top pick to run alongside Smokescale all the way up until PoF dropped. It's still one of the best pets against moving targets, which makes it a strong candidate for open field fighting (like WvW roaming).

Jacaranda just performs better with a similar autoattack, Lightning Strike over Stationary Wing Flag, and Root F2 over the ridiculously hard to land E Wyvern F2.

Aside over, @ the topic;Yeah, the F2 seems much easier to land when you first swap the Wyvern in. Sometimes I'm under the impression that Headbutt's hitbox glitches out as the pet object interacts with the environment.

It needs to be fixed to be made consistent.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:unrelated maybe but-- seemed like every nub ranger I came across was running this pet about 3 weeks back.And if I see a ranger run this pet I automatically think their bad. Haven't lost to one yet.

When Electric Wyverns autoattack range/speed was buffed, combined at the time with the extreme prevalence of reflects from meta PvP builds pushing down the effectiveness of Bristleback, Wyvern became a top pick to run alongside Smokescale all the way up until PoF dropped. It's still one of the best pets against moving targets, which makes it a strong candidate for open field fighting (like WvW roaming).

Jacaranda just performs better with a similar autoattack, Lightning Strike over Stationary Wing Flag, and Root F2 over the ridiculously hard to land E Wyvern F2.

Aside over, @ the topic;Yeah, the F2 seems much easier to land when you first swap the Wyvern in. Sometimes I'm under the impression that Headbutt's hitbox glitches out as the pet object interacts with the environment.

It needs to be fixed to be made consistent.

I also liked the electric wyvern at one time, 'at one time' but yeah now, Jacaranda is just better....because it works. The root works, the dmg abilities work.

I don't know... couple weeks back it just seemed like rookie 'druid' week. Everyone playing the fotm build from metabattle--and metabattle told them wyvern is the pet they should use.

JC yer my metabattle :P

• 2 weeks later...

@shadowpass.4236 said:As someone who has experimented with this pet a lot, the only way I can guarantee the f2 hits is after the Wing Gust or some other form of knockback. If this skill was changed so that it hit the target every time, I feel like this pet would see a lot more use.

What do you guys think about this skill?

I have a bigger issue with this pet. I love the fact that dragons were added as pets, they look awesome, and have some kool skills.

I do not understand why [AT ALL] this pet in SB mode is not a power DPS pet option [seriously, why is it a Versatile pet?]. Also have an issue that the F1 skill on the dragons hits like a wet noodle in SB. F2 is fine, because of the CC option.The other issue is, that dragons in pet mode in general hit like fucking wet noodles. Dragons by nature, should hit like fucking trucks.

@shadowpass.4236 said:As someone who has experimented with this pet a lot, the only way I can guarantee the f2 hits is after the Wing Gust or some other form of knockback. If this skill was changed so that it hit the target every time, I feel like this pet would see a lot more use.

I have a bigger issue with this pet. I love the fact that dragons were added as pets, they look awesome, and have some kool skills.

I do not understand why [AT ALL] this pet in SB mode is not a power DPS pet option [seriously, why is it a Versatile pet?]. Also have an issue that the F1 skill on the dragons hits like a wet noodle in SB. F2 is fine, because of the CC option.The other issue is, that dragons in pet mode in general hit like fucking wet noodles. Dragons by nature, should hit like fucking trucks.

@Darkened.4076 said:

I do not understand why [AT ALL] this pet in SB mode is not a power DPS pet option [seriously, why is it a Versatile pet?]. Also have an issue that the F1 skill on the dragons hits like a wet noodle in SB. F2 is fine, because of the CC option.The other issue is, that dragons in pet mode in general hit like kitten wet noodles. Dragons by nature, should hit like kitten trucks.

You right, I was amazed too that this pet is not Ferocious and I am agree that they must lvl up his damage ... maybe they didn't because he has more cc than other pet.

@Darkened.4076 said:

I do not understand why [AT ALL] this pet in SB mode is not a power DPS pet option [seriously, why is it a Versatile pet?]. Also have an issue that the F1 skill on the dragons hits like a wet noodle in SB. F2 is fine, because of the CC option.The other issue is, that dragons in pet mode in general hit like kitten wet noodles. Dragons by nature, should hit like kitten trucks.

Personally I think that the Electric Wyvern works best as a Versatile pet. It offers a ton of CC: 2 from the pet itself and 2 from the merge. I just don't think that the CC alone competes with the utility and/or power of some of the other pets, like Smokescale. I do agree with you about its F1 though. It is so boring and unimpressive, but such is par for the course for most of the pets, unfortunately. I think at the least the damage could be increased and it could be a blast finisher.

@Darkened.4076 said:

because it is, do not understand how smokescale and others can be stronger than a WYVERN, this should take more damage, even the wyvern as npc looks better as the pet.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Personally I think that the Electric Wyvern works best as a Versatile pet. It offers a ton of CC: 2 from the pet itself and 2 from the merge. I just don't think that the CC alone competes with the utility and/or power of some of the other pets, like Smokescale. I do agree with you about its F1 though. It is so boring and unimpressive, but such is par for the course for most of the pets, unfortunately. I think at the least the damage could be increased and it could be a blast finisher.

I agree with you that the pet has great support/control options, and is a option for a support player like a druid [break bar support], but if you never play the role of support, the pet is not usable.

To further explain what I was saying, Electric in my opinion should have been the power option pet because fire Wyvern sits as its opposite as a condition pet. A new drake could have been added in POF that was a mid-ground between both fire [condition] and Electric [Power] that had a more supportive F2 in general, and filled that role of the versatile. All Wyvern pets bring CC anyway, I suppose the problem is there is currently only two of them, so your not getting a lot of diversity compared to other pet family trees - but then this is a bigger issue in general. I'm personally of the opinion that pets need a rework like Mesmer and phantasms received.Yea the F1 damage is pathetic.

Archived