new 80 ranger gear/build

weaponwh.9810

so just 1 more to lvl to 80, now i'm looking at TP or craft(huntsman/leatherwork) for exotic gear. but i have no idea what stat i should look for other than power.I'm mainly do solo pve+dungeon/raid eventually fractallooking for a range DPS and another gear set for Druid.
whats different between soulbeast vs regular power ranger build?

what stats to look for both DPS and Druidrange dpspower/precision/ferocity? if so power >ferocity>precision?power/precision/condi dmg? how do i even play condi dmg?

for druidhealing power/ what else?

dT (discretize, a good fractal guild) has up to date druid builds with the gear and all. If you want to do dungeons, you can play condi soulbeast, which uses viper gear (build on the snowcrows site). There's not really "ranged dps" in this game as you will be stacking on the boss even with ranged weapons, but condi soulbeast uses shortbow, and power soulbeast uses longbow. For power soulbeast, just go full berserker stats with sword/axe and longbow. Keep in mind that for any kind of difficult 5 man content, power soulbeast will not be wanted due to its subpar damage.

Dmg type depends on weapons, skills and traits mainly. Condi dmg is everything that does dmg over time like bleeds, poison, burn etc.

Everything you need to know is on the sites already posted or you can look metabattle if you are really desprate. Try out stat combinations in the pvp lobby and play what you comfor with.

as @arnitheking.8427 mentioned, new Rangers (like myself) eventually discover that you can't play the same way in group / fractal as you can open world. Solo questing et al, you kill things that are very far away, using your pet to tank and keep you safe. In fractals though, you need the buffs and healing generated by other members of your team, which requires you to be relatively close to them, making the LB almost useless. That is why Condi is the suggested build for fractals, either going all melee, or using the SB (which has bleeds and poison).

As someone who loves his Ranger with LB and GS, this is why 2 weeks after hitting 80, I started leveling up a Guardian. If I need to be in melee range, dammit, I'm going to role a melee ^_^

Archived