Rate My Build--Trying something glassier

EnderzShadow.2506

So a little help please

Im trying something glassier to see if I can influence my games better.

This is soulbeast lb/sw/whIt's still not glass running with paladins, but definitely a lot softer than my typical Avatar/water build

lb sw/wh Soulbeasthttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhN6kQFoWQslFwhFgqFskIYPBgk1rrpCECOB5R3pb2tEpXB-jJROABsfKAAY/hzfCAaXGAA

or vsPaRaPhReNiA.8763 staff/lb druid (with a couple small modifications)|http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTjEqQDL2yC+rAVLW2DslbXA4sB/Wrr/1mYwvbIUi0PD-jpxHQBXY/hvdEAsXZAldBAAwDAghHCAA

Let me know

Thanks

So I'd personally say Para's is at least on paper arguably better than bics (ya from time to time I like taking a look at bics stuff too, his personality can be tiresome or enjoyable depending)

That being said if Bic or para sees this (feel free to correct me) but ..

choose bics if you want get up there and brawl, in order to effectively use his build you need to constantly be on the offseive and be melee when they're close. He's more of a 1v1 player so your gunna Wana get the node and hold it. (Personally I'd run either surgeing or rage runes and take the shout CD trait)

While Para your focos is kiting and locking down your opponent. He probably uses druid cele avatar offensively for the CC then stealth burst. Cept your not going to want to go melee. I haven't seen his streams yet but I'm willing to bet he leaves the point for kite spots and widdles his opponents down probably attracting and frustrating the enemy team.

As for as damage goes they probably do around the same given stats and traits, Bic edgdes out on burst since he has access to world impact. However para can probably maintain a higher consistent dps due to staff and lb dps trait and sigil.

So really upt to your playstyle, I'd suggest Paras since youve been so set on druid

Im impressed ELEazar :)I am a bikzesnake fan. He cracks me up. Of course some people don't.As of last night he was rank 71 and that build, he doesn't even run it :P he runs all kinds of things and is always changing.

I do like playing more in peoples face---it seems to be my inclination. But NECROMANCERS...It just seems like the druid build gives so much more ability to reposition or get away...which obviously is always better than dying on the point.

I played the para one last night. I could definitely could help my team win fights.I played it with a couple changes that being entangle-signet of renewal and I'm tempted to play it with sword/warhorn.

I prefer sw/wh (staff) vs warriors/mesmers---and being able to get away with sword 2 is much more reliable for me than staff 3.Also, the run speed of warhorn and the unblockable on weapon switch is just second nature.

Yeah last thing to decide this, I dont have the best internet. It freezes at times and I lose whats happening in the fight.I feel like, BIK's build would be much more susceptible to those times when I get some lagspikes that dont let me react like I know I can.

PARAs modified build it is!

@Eleazar.9478 said:So I'd personally say Para's is at least on paper arguably better than bics (ya from time to time I like taking a look at bics stuff too, his personality can be tiresome or enjoyable depending)

choose bics if you want get up there and brawl, in order to effectively use his build you need to constantly be on the offseive and be melee when they're close. He's more of a 1v1 player so your gunna Wana get the node and hold it. (Personally I'd run either surgeing or rage runes and take the shout CD trait)

While Para your focos is kiting and locking down your opponent. He probably uses druid cele avatar offensively for the CC then stealth burst. Cept your not going to want to go melee. I haven't seen his streams yet but I'm willing to bet he leaves the point for kite spots and widdles his opponents down probably attracting and frustrating the enemy team.

As for as damage goes they probably do around the same given stats and traits, Bic edgdes out on burst since he has access to world impact. However para can probably maintain a higher consistent dps due to staff and lb dps trait and sigil.

So really upt to your playstyle, I'd suggest Paras since youve been so set on druid

Pretty much what eleazar said. I am kiting a lot and giving the enemy a lot of decaps (mostly holo, scourge, mesmer). Range and positioning is key here.

@EnderzShadow.2506I think you said you are in gold right? So I think you should not have any troubles to pressure enemies at range, since they won't go behind obstacles, etc.I am going to stream on friday to sunday, so you could always join in and ask me some questions if you have any. See you

Hi, i got a build for you if you like to be in peoples face, but also is good for kiting and repositioning.This build offers quick unblockable pet bursts, stealth/superspeed, ok survivability and pretty good matchups vs meta builds out there.

The times that u want to be in someone's face is when u petswap to wolf, use maul to boost it, and when u swap in close range the wolf will do the knockback as first attack, you can land knockbacks for 5k to 12k depending on enemy armor/boons. Also works fine with tiger/gazelle. Only gazelle's AI makes me want to kill myself.

It worked pretty well for me this season, i made a small video, cuz i rarely record stuff.

The video doesnt offer perfect gameplay, but the mistakes made in video shows how to recover from that aswell.video :

build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRjEqQDL2yCmsAXLG+DqOFu9d4Tjf4o3XPDCgSUZaA-jpxHQBf7BAMu9HY4FAQZHCAAcEAsXZAA

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:So I'd personally say Para's is at least on paper arguably better than bics (ya from time to time I like taking a look at bics stuff too, his personality can be tiresome or enjoyable depending)

While Para your focos is kiting and locking down your opponent. He probably uses druid cele avatar offensively for the CC then stealth burst. Cept your
not
going to want to go melee. I haven't seen his streams yet but I'm willing to bet he leaves the point for kite spots and widdles his opponents down probably attracting and frustrating the enemy team.

Pretty much what eleazar said. I am kiting a lot and giving the enemy a lot of decaps (mostly holo, scourge, mesmer). Range and positioning is key here.

@EnderzShadow.2506I think you said you are in gold right? So I think you should not have any troubles to pressure enemies at range, since they won't go behind obstacles, etc.I am going to stream on friday to sunday, so you could always join in and ask me some questions if you have any. See you

Ive written and rewritten my response...

So here is my real problem. I don't know when the games are winnable or when my team is just bad.And Im pretty sure Ive had some bad teams. WHen they get melted at mid and whoever took home has already died and lost it-- and I look at the scoreboard and it's 45-10..../sigh.So that leads me to second guess my build and my contribution to the win/loss. And after last weeks 9 win streak, I swear ANET's system is now punishing me with many losses. It's frustrating.

But Im trying some things. Your build feels better than soulbeast builds. I love the merged attacks of soulbeast but those builds leave MUCH to desire in terms of survivability.

@Arrys.7145 Sounds interesting--my only question, that build isn't harrier--you have it as Demolishers, just accident? I think you accidentally posted the same exact link that ashkew posted. Maybe you were looking at that one--changed some things and didnt save the changes? Still interested to see your build, thanks.

Thanks for suggestions all @Ashkew.6584 @PaRaPhReNiA.8763 @Eleazar.9478

Appreciated and always fun to try something new.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:@Arrys.7145 Sounds interesting--my only question, that build isn't harrier--you have it as Demolishers, just accident? I think you accidentally posted the same exact link that ashkew posted. Maybe you were looking at that one--changed some things and didnt save the changes? Still interested to see your build, thanks.

Thanks for suggestions all @Ashkew.6584 @PaRaPhReNiA.8763 @"Eleazar.9478"

Appreciated and always fun to try something new.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnUqA1CitCC+CCctghJh6DiL4j7A4xnAfyn1M/EZgZaA-jZBHQBfY/hAeIAY4VAAAPAAUWGAA

Copy paste que cleared properly this time. GO back and forth on evasive purity/spirited arrival and allies aid/instinctive reaction

@Arrys.7145 said:

Interesting choice in the Lashtail

Why do you like it better over the common favorite, a Bristleback?

Random knockback interrupt chance and underground evade reducing damage taken plus poison application regardless of health threshold.

I like the pet--would definitely would consider it other builds I play as well.

Builds fun, good dmg, good movement.

But no condi clear is a killer.Guard or sic-em could be replaced with at least one condi clear or possibly 2--- lightning reflexes and SOR.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Random knockback interrupt chance and underground evade reducing damage taken plus poison application regardless of health threshold.

But no condi clear is a killer.Guard or sic-em could be replaced with at least one condi clear or possibly 2--- lightning reflexes and SOR.

Clear 2 conditions when you heal (due to survival skill trigger) and when you swap pets (same reason 2 conditions) and when you roll(If you do evasive purity vs vigor for allies) but yeah necros remain annoying. But since you are using the quickness on pet swap to 2 hand cleave can end u out of clears easy.

Op build against troll druid is bad.

First you need as strong burst as possible and as many hard CC as possible (immob is the best thing and then stun, daze is no use here).

Pets are no an issue as long as you keep moving

Damage from ranger (soulbeast included) comes from ferocity.

Your mobility in snow owl + GS is good (would be amazing to have that also with sword/axe mh).your Stealth with smoke only miss the celestial shadow.

I haven’t had any problem with Druids in wvw from like ever while being in soulbeast (even when they are +1)

It is expected you have trouble with troll druids with that build.

So as resume:Pets I told you alreadyWeapons you knowMarauder amuletWs-ms-sbBreak them all.

You’ll melt against any other class in game because the game is kitten.

So fair disclaimer; I don't like Soulbeast, going into this conversation. I think that you trade all of the utility in your traits just to pick up damage multipliers and a few gimmick skills.

So on a macro level, lets talk metagame shift in PvP. The condition heavy meta is essentially out, you will really only need enough cleanse to deal with Scourges, which to be fair, is still a lot, but unless you're in a fight with a Scourge or the off meta Burn Guard or Condi Thief (which having enough cleanse for Scourge handles the other 2), you really don't need to overload on Cleansing anymore, and vitality amulets are definitely out (unless you're building for Healing Power because you don't get a better choice).

You'll see a trend on metabattle that you'll want to follow suit on; Demolisher Amulet, provided that you have the condi cleanse, which we'll get to next.

Troll Unguent. Wilderness Survival is and will continue to be our strongest traitline for every build, and Troll Unguent is the largest healing output skill with and without traiting, but definitely trait it. This is going to be a staple, and allows you to maximize build utility and capability.

Troll Unguent + WS + even more Survival Skills are not going to be enough though, so you will want a secondary cleansing source. Here are my recommended options:-Druidic Clarity-Zephyrs Speed

Either of these plus a sigil of cleansing on a weaponswap will be more than enough cleansing. Either works, either opens up a third traitline, so it's really up to you where to go from there.

Here are some Druid options for the 3rd Traitline:-Nature Magic, because the Regen on warhorn for building CA and tankiness. Even with a nerfed Protective Ward, it's still a decent enough trait, and all 3 adept traits have their uses (the revive trait can swing teamfights alone).-Personal favorite - Skirmishing. Keep the Warhorn, take Vicious Quarry with Spotter, pick up Pack Runes, and enjoy 100% crit chance.-Marksmanship - I'm sure somebody could make this work with a Greatsword/Staff or Greatsword/LB, but I value my swiftness and evades too much.

Otherwise you end up with really, the same exact info for Marksmanship, Skirmishing, and Nature Magic as above. I'd still go Leadership Runes and Entangle if I wasn't running Skirmishing.

Beyond that, you have Soulbeast. You have quickness petswaps with Soulbeast, and with that in mind, I'd take a page out of @kiritsugu emeya.3962 's book and run Smokescale/Brown Bear, so you have an offensive and defensive pet, both with utility function, and more mitigation options. You'll have natural movement speed while merged a new and improved Greatsword trait (soon). Guard is a good skill on Soulbeast, and in general you want to build for the reliable skills the work the same merged as unmerged. I'd probably start with Guard/QZ/SoS/Entangle. I don't think you'd need Leadership runes but you never know. I'd also like to work Protect Me into the build somewhere to play off Rugged Growth but I don't think it's inherently better than anything else without in practice testing.

I could TLDR this but I don't think I'd know where to start since I spat out information and rambled. Just hope it helps.

@Arrys.7145 said:

Clear 2 conditions when you heal (due to survival skill trigger) and when you swap pets (same reason 2 conditions) and when you roll(If you do evasive purity vs vigor for allies) but yeah necros remain annoying. But since you are using the quickness on pet swap to 2 hand cleave can end u out of clears easy.

sorry arrys, somehow I missed that trait was selected--- it was late at night :bleep_bloop:

Always good info :)Do you think Ranger/Druid will be as FOTM as it was this last season?

Do you think there will be a true superior build Druid or Vanilla Ranger

Gotta say, I love entangle.I know exactly when to pop entangle. I can use it load up up dmg, keep someone off the point and keep someone from getting TO a point Im running to.Worst case scenario and Im in a bad spot I can use it to remove a couple condis.But SOP, /sigh.. long cast--and for what? A bit of dmg and a bit of stability? Honestly don't need it...imo. But please enlighten me.I used to hate warhorn till you came around, now it's just about mandatory.

Really got tired of seeing double ranger in matches. Usually they were both staff but sometimes they would mix it up with just bad... (sbow condi trap, meh meh meh) lol.

I think that everybody playing Druid as an FotM will be on Chrono/Mirage/Spellbreaker after the patch. Sidenode stalling in general I think will be less valuable because the pace of fights should be faster, giving enemy teams that win them more opportunities to rotate a +1 into you and with nerfs, you'll have less ability to survive the +1 unless you just give the point up entirely.

That being said, Druid will still be our most competitive pick. Traitwise Core with a Beastmastery swap in and Druid will be nearly identical (Druid traits being slightly more powerful utility wise but with longer period inbetween when they can be used, where Core will have straight up more damage). I just don't think most people will pick Core over Druid because of the loss of having "that added thing" that Druid does functionality wise.

Archived