Few Changes i would love on Power Soulbeast

Pea.9270

I love the theorie of a Sword Axe - Greatsword Soulbeast i came after a lot of testing with this buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsXRnE8CVsgtCC2rAs8il8A7pOsEyA5v36b/dJAUAOdj4N-jxBBABVq+DW7PKzyTfQZKNC4UAcmSQAeCAkCIixAA-eBut there are a few problems, which i had while trying it out on the golem and in the raid:

1. Sic 'Em!: Cooldown : 30s Duration : 7.5s (old : 40s / 10 s)The cooldown on Sic 'Em! feels verry wierd, if you have the trait, to lower its cooldown and you have alacracy, it is around 26 seconds. If i want to include it into a rotaion i waste a lot of dmg, because i do not use the Skill on cooldown or i just waste Damage, because i dont use high dmg abilitys while the effect is triggerd. With the lowerd cooldown the 40% dmg modifier is a lot easier to place in rotaions the decreased duraition gives the oportunity to place all high dmaging skills in the rota together and the over all uptime of the buff does not change.
  2. Maul and One Wulf PackHere is the problem that with maul the next hit you do is 25% stronger and you want to combine this with the best abilitys now is the problem, that One Wulf Pack hits after your maul which is a dps loss. In the case of an single person standing on the Golem it is a bit annoying but you can go arround this by not pressing One Wulf pack , if you know you will need the maul buff within 8 seconds on something important but in a scenario where you have multiple Soulbeasts in your groop with stance share tis gets realy anoing because you loose your modyfier by an ally.
  3. The third utility placeI tried a lot of different options with the third utility spot and it seems like in therms of your own dps it does not matter, if you use vipers nest / Frost Trao / Sharpening stone and neither is realy good so i would like a buff on frost trap, so its clear this is the power trap and the other skills are only good if you play condi.

Tell me your thinkings on this and on my buils.

I'd actually want "Sic 'Em!" to be reduced down to 25s with the bonuses being 25% damage, 50% movement, and buff duration reduced from 10s to 6s. And for those that don't know, "Sic 'Em!" on Soulbeast only gives a 25% damage and 0% movement speed bonus right now anyway, so I don't think it's a bad adjustment if changed to that - for the pet or Soulbeast (once it's working correctly).

Wouldn't Vicious Quarry better for overall damage ? Farsighted only works on projectile based weapon, like Axe's Ricochet.

The damage between Fire Trap and Frost Trap is not that different. I don't know where you want to use your build, but if you don't know what to use as your third utility, I would at least try to get a condi clear, stun breaker or SoS.

I tested the build also with Skirmishing but the main dps increase on Marksmanship comes from "Predator's Onslaught" and is much stronger than "Vicious Quarry"The build is planned to be played in raids. "Farsighted" is in my build, because the alternative "Moment of clarity" is not realy helpfull in Raids. In open world/ encounters with cc need i would prefer "Moment of clarity".

@"Pea.9270" said:I tested the build also with Skirmishing but the main dps increase on Marksmanship comes from "Predator's Onslaught" and is much stronger than "Vicious Quarry"The build is planned to be played in raids. "Farsighted" is in my build, because the alternative "Moment of clarity" is not realy helpfull in Raids. In open world/ encounters with cc need i would prefer "Moment of clarity".

Hi mate, im interested in your build. I would like to use it on pve content such as stories, map clears, dungeons, mastery points etc. I would like to see a final draft and rotation tips of this build for pve. And also can u make a gs/lb version of this ? Ty looking forward for ur answer

Yeahhhh shouts are bad adjusted now.

Search and rescue is on 75 secs cd go to elite slot. Increase the effective radius to 1200. Again: wvw ranger wanted for rally bot > ranger not wanted.

Strength of the pack to be an utility now. Reduce CD to 45 secs. reduce the unique buff to 6 secs.

One wulf thing. Is bad and Right now I can’t imagine a way to fix it without break it. Stances in general are in general bad and I can’t think of anything.It should not have an internal ICD and at least affect all the targets hit. It’s like an extra 700 extra damage in 2500 power.

The changes i want for ranger power weapons is a hornet sting you can aim via movement (so basically a dodge roll as a skill) so you can also use it better to gap close instead of just run away.Sword AA needs to cleave 3 targets on every hit.Axe OH: Path if scars would be better of with a skillshot IMO similar to vinesurge, so you can better aim and it should just travel twice the path you aim and not return to you, so you can use it as a tactical pull to position your enemy which leaves the option open if you pull it to yourself or to your target.WD has its obvious issues and i reffer to the WD discussion of @Dragonzhunter.8506 which basically hits my opinion about WD.

Other things that would be nice to change would be both daggers but thats deviating from power, so i dont go further inti detail here.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The changes i want for ranger power weapons is a hornet sting you can aim via movement (so basically a dodge roll as a skill) so you can also use it better to gap close instead of just run away.Sword AA needs to cleave 3 targets on every hit.Axe OH: Path if scars would be better of with a skillshot IMO similar to vinesurge, so you can better aim and it should just travel twice the path you aim and not return to you, so you can use it as a tactical pull to position your enemy which leaves the option open if you pull it to yourself or to your target.WD has its obvious issues and i reffer to the WD discussion of @Dragonzhunter.8506 which basically hits my opinion about WD.

Other things that would be nice to change would be both daggers but thats deviating from power, so i dont go further inti detail here.

Agree!

@"Prophet.1584" said:made a couple changes, this might produce more dps. with your build why not use QZ or FS for the third spot?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBMPdG2JlKQFLYrggrKAXLYpQwe6CzgAAzAodl6yvud3y7IeD-jBCBQBB4MAcGlg5R/gGViBgHCAWUeUj9Hqk6PzDCAmkArqUVVVSBExYA-e

I've been developing and testing a power build in PVE for sometime now - a couple of things about what you have linked from my perspective:Skills:

• Rock Gazelle is not the best pet to take for DPS CD's imo / and out of beast mode
  • Make sure you choose a second pet
  • You would only take frost-spirit if there is no druid providing this utility, otherwise, i consider Moa Stance generally a better option for yourself and the team
  • We heal as one is great if your 'mode rotating' - which you should be [Disclaimer, I know the common !!! right now in PVE is never un-merge with your pet, but I still do not buy into this for power builds].
  • Another good option is healing spring, with trap trait.
  • I personally think One-wolf-Pack is a must take for a power build, as its a dps increase, just requires a correct rotation to make the most out of it, as well as, not clipping the maul buff. Which is more than doable.
  • Imo 1HS is not better than GS at current for DPS. GS also brings an additional break bar skill.

Traits

• Quickdraw is a MUST take, especially if using WD, as it allows use every weapon swap - FQ is great, but it should be on the second tier of that traitline imo to see any use at all for power and rangers in general [i.E choose between extra support, or extra personal damage]
  • Sharpened edges is useless imo in a power-build, vigor is good for mechanics or trap if using spring
  • Unless your guaranteed 25 might, I don't think shout CD is better than might stacking - but is great if your using WHAO in mode rotation and know you have the might
  • GS trait is useless without GS [no, do not bring up underwater combat, there isn't enough of it for it to be mentioned]
  • Live Fast vs Fresh Reinforcement is interesting. With WHAO and FR, could be interesting to increase times on important boons such as incoming quickness and alacrity from the support players. [see disclaimer above about pet merging]

Gear:

• When running a power build, you need to be crit-capped [include spotter and banner only] - the loss of vicious would mean needing to slight tweak the gear setup
  • You should run scholar runes

At the end of the day, play what works for you, but this is my opinion from my experience.

Archived