pvp guild

montecristo.1324

Hey guys,I see that devs are revisiting guilds for wvw and I was wondering why can't we have pvp guilds, or why these "wvw" guilds can't be also pvp.Why do I want a pvp guild? Because I miss the old gw1 system where playing with your guild put you in a ladder. I didn't like the 5 man queue with team that we had. I really think that a guild should have only one team playing competitive and we should have some bonus playing as a guild, also I think that both AT and guild ranked should give/take points to that guild in the ladder.

I loved how HA worked in gw1, so why if a guild that win an AT give to its alliance in wvw a bonus? Or something like that in order to incentivate playing both spvp and wvw?

Those are just some ideas!Love u all and thanks to the devs for the big work they are doing!

@montecristo.1324 said:

@derd.6413 said:if you only want one guild team make only one guild team, problem solved.

Not really, the point is that with multiple teams a guild could potentially take the first 3 spots in a ladder with different teams, while if you have only one team per guild, a single guild can take only one spot in the ladder.

then git gud and make sure 1 guild can't get all top spots on the score board.

I actually like this idea. The guild leaderboard should keep track of total wins and losses of every member in the guild. Maybe up to 10 people max. You can only have your score count if you register at the start of the season for that guild. You can't have your score count for any other guilds.

At the end of the season, the top guilds get capes/gold/rewards/titles.

@shadowpass.4236 said:I actually like this idea. The guild leaderboard should keep track of total wins and losses of every member in the guild. Maybe up to 10 people max. You can only have your score count if you register at the start of the season for that guild. You can't have your score count for any other guilds.

But this means they need to bring back teams into PvP, which not only stomps on people's rights. It also will never happen. Unfortunately.

Edit; realised op wrote ATs, not team queue

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I actually like this idea. The guild leaderboard should keep track of total wins and losses of every member in the guild. Maybe up to 10 people max. You can only have your score count if you register at the start of the season for that guild. You can't have your score count for any other guilds.

But this means they need to bring back teams into PvP, which not only stomps on people's rights. It also will never happen. Unfortunately.

Please elaborate which rights are being stomped on by allowing people to play with their friends?

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Please elaborate which rights are being stomped on by allowing people to play with their friends?

Ithilwen.1529 said:

Here's the problem with that reasoning; If one group get's to play together as friends, someone else has to take it in the shorts. There aren't enough players to make a full team queue work. Ergo, you'd have pre-made vs. solo. We've seen historically that situations of premade vs solo are negative for the game.

One person's rights end when they stomp on another's. While I'm 100% for friends playing together as guilds, I don't support offering up other players for their pleasure.

I'd also argue that at least part of the motivation for teaming up, ( in many cases, ) is to exploit others for easy wins.

Was thinking of this gem.

Archived