Suggestion: Dyeable Branded Wings

I couldn't find a suggestions category so I'll post this here.

The moment I saw the branded mounts and learned that they were dyeable, I instantly bought them. I feel like that's how you do cash shop items right, cool looking cosmetics that are dyeable (so they can match/make multiple outfits depending on what look I want at the time), and it's an upfront purchase with no gambling involved? I'll gladly support that, and I did, and I love the skins -- great work Anet!

I have found myself wishing other items in the gem store worked like this, I would have also bought the branded wings to match the branded mounts but I found out that they aren't dyeable :(. If the branded wings were dyeable I'd buy them in a heartbeat, I'd love a nice branded wing glider to match the mounts.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here and say that I love the branded mounts and I think you guys nailed it with those, I just wish the branded wings were dyeable, too.

I’d like that, but just as much as I’ll like them to fix the colours of the Destroyer wings first.At least this Branded wings have a normal branded colour. The devs thought it was (somehow) a good idea to make the destroyer wings green.Haven’t checked yet, but is the glider half dyeable? (Of the branded wings)

I don't own them, so i can't comment fully. But If they're ever dyable it will only be the Glider (if that isn't already the case).When they launched the Shinnign Blades Backpack and Glider combo, i comented with a Dev ingame that it was awkward that we could dye the glider but not the back item, which kinda limits the use of the combo. To which the dev answered that because of how backs work they can't be dyed. So there's that.

Ah, well that sucks that it's designed that way, but in that case I'd probably not use the back piece at all unless I was showing off in town or something, I guess you'd need to make a color-matched outfit to go with it, though.

I feel the wings back piece can be a little over-the-top for normal game play anyways, but a dyeable glider skin of the branded wings that matched the mounts would still be pretty cool and it'd be something I'd definitely be interested in.

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:I don't own them, so i can't comment fully. But If they're ever dyable it will only be the Glider (if that isn't already the case).When they launched the Shinnign Blades Backpack and Glider combo, i comented with a Dev ingame that it was awkward that we could dye the glider but not the back item, which kinda limits the use of the combo. To which the dev answered that because of how backs work they can't be dyed. So there's that.

Yeah backs can't be dyed which is a pity. However, IIRC near the start of HoT there was a bug which caused your glider to be displayed while on the ground, adding a stowed animation to a glider and "renabling" that bug might be a way to get dyeable backs into the game?

Of course, I might have imagined that bug. :)

Archived