Tradesman: Agent of Entropy (UX bug)

In-game it says that this is an infinitely repeatable achievement, but it isn't. According to the wik, (and my account since I stopped getting points), this is capped at 250 points.

It should say that it is repeatable 125 times and stop giving notifications that you completed it again when you've reached your limit. It's confusing.

I disagree. As a user it's confusing. There's nothing in the interface to say it's limited to 250 points, so all of a sudden you stop receive points and don't understand why.

If other achievement s work the same way then that just makes it a general UX problem.

Gumbolia is right to not abandon logic for fanboys. I understand where he comes from because i also have an industrial background where lives depends on well designed and implemented systems with clear indications. But in the entertainment world where things are a lot less serious you will often walk blurry lines. The number of bugs reports pages is simply a reflection of the state of mind of young developers these days.

@"Yseron.8613" I too come from a background where UX is critical. I moved from that to a game company at one point and unfortunately the prevailing attitude was "good enough". I'm now back in a field where lives depend on it, so I'm in the headspace that I call out problems as I see them regardless of the software or size of the problem :-)

Archived