[Elite Suggestion] Cannibal

Regon Phoenix.8215

(Slightly based on this concept - check it out)

Theme i am going with: A tank who constantly chases some pray to devour and gets stronger the more creatures it devours.It will have special kind of tanking by trying to maintain specific amount of hunger to balance negative and positive effects. Also, it will also have an option two options outside of playing as a tank: shroud condition dps and bruiser.Tank: damage avoidance, damage reductions, self healing, vitality and power.Condition dps: getting all shroud based traits, condition damage, bleeds and poisons, no need for defensive stats.Bruiser: vitality, healing power, self-healing, damage avoidance, shroud.This elite should work wonder with all core trait lines, especially with Death Magic, Curses, Blood Magic and Spite.

Adept Minor Trait (Live as Hungry Undead)Unlock Mace for you main-hand and off-hand and allow you to use Rage abilities.Replace Death Shroud with Gourmet's Shroud.Replace you Life Force with Hunger. Hunger slowly grows while in combat (4% of maximum hunger per sec + 3% of maximum hunger per sec while you are being attacked) and abilities who used to grant life force now will reduce your hunger instead (effectiveness reduced by 50%). Hunger slowly decrease while you are out of combat. Hunger is independent of your maximum health and maximum hunger is 20.000 (at maximum level). Grow more vulnerable and more dangerous as hunger grows (these effects are disabled while in shroud):At 33% of hunger: you will take 5% damage from all source and you will deal 5% damage and healing with all attacks and conditions.At 66% of hunger: you will take 10% damage from all source and you will deal 10% damage and healing with all attacks and conditions, and you will lose 3% of your maximum health every sec.At 99% of hunger: you will take 15% damage from all source and you will deal 15% damage and healing with all attacks and conditions, and you will lose 6% of your maximum health every sec.

Adept Major Trait LineMajor Trait 1 (Aware Flesh)Gain 3 sec of protection every 3 sec while at or above 66% of hunger. Your weapon abilities no longer reduce your hunger.Major Trait 2 (A Chef Just Got to Eat)While you are in Gourmet Shroud you will retain positive boosts from your hunger.Major Trait 3 (Well Grounded Meat)Hitting an enemy with one of your mace abilities will reduce your hunger by 1% of your maximum hunger. Mace abilities will recharge 10%.

Master Minor Trait (Building Immunity)Every 5 sec turn one random damaging condition on you into 1 stack of might for 5 sec.

Master Major Trait LineMajor Trait 4 (Learn by Tasting)Consume 1 condition on yourself every 5 sec to heal yourself for 400 (scales with healing power) health while at or above 66% of hunger. Take 25% less periodic damage from high hunger.Major Trait 5 (Well Prepared for the Feast)Extend duration of your shroud by 2 sec and exiting shroud will grant 2 stacks of stability for 6 sec.Major Trait 6 (Keep Some Room for the Dessert)Your rage abilities will grant you 3 sec of regeneration and they will reduce your hunger additionally by 5% of your maximum hunger.

Grandmaster Minor Trait (Am i Satisfied?)Killing an enemy will suppress all negative effects from hunger for 5 sec.

Grandmaster Major Trait LineMajor Trait 7 (Abandon Reason and Let the Feast Begin)While you are at or above 99% hunger you will have fury, alacrity and swiftness. These boons last as long as you have sufficient hunger and they can't be removed.Major Trait 8 (Gather the Ingredients)While in shroud you siphon health from nearby enemies dealing 130 (scales with power) damage every second and healing for 90 (scales with healing power) health. Radius: 600.Major Trait 9 (A Meal on the Floor)Allow you to feast on downed enemies dealing damage to them, reducing your hunger and healing you every second while feasting. Damage: 20% per sec. Hunger reduction: 2% of maximum hunger per sec. Healing: 5% of you maximum health per sec. (Heal you for 10% of your maximum health when you kill an enemy while in pve environment)

F1 (Gourmet's Shroud)This shroud does not cost Hunger to enter and does not drain hunger passively. Instead, it have fixed duration of 7 sec. While in the shroud you take greatly reduced damage .Cooldown: 20 sec.Damage reduction: 33%

Mace 1 (Grind Some Flesh)Hit enemies in front of you and cripple them if they are at or bellow 50% of their maximum health.Casting time: 3/4 secRange: meleeTargets hit: up to 3Damage: 500 (scales with power)Cripple against enemies at or bellow 50% of their maximum health: 5 secHunger reduction: 2% of maximum hunger per enemy struck

Mace 2 (Prepare the Meat)Jump forward (towards your target) and pummel the first enemy you meet dealing damage and daze it. Reduce hunger it this ability hits an enemy.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 15 secRange: 600Damage (3x): 800 (scales with power)Daze: 1 secHunger reduction: 5% of maximum hunger

Mace 3 (Natural Earthy Spices)Slam your mace into the ground creating a shockwave which will cripple and poison all enemies in its path.Casting time: 3/4 secCooldown: 10 secRange: 900Cripple: 4 secPoison: 2 stacks for 8 sec

Mace 4 (Seasoning Before Cooking)Release toxic energy to chain between enemies poisoning every enemy hit and healing for every enemy struck. In addition, increase your hunger.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 18 secRange: 900Maximum range between chains: 600Maximum number of chains: 5 (can't chain to same enemy twice)Poison: 3 stacks for 10 secHealing: 100 (scales with healing power)Hunger increase: 3% per enemy hit.

Mace 5 (Yesterday's Lunch)Slam your mace into your stomach and release poisonous acid in front of you inflicting damage, poison and vulnerability to every enemy struck. Deals more damage and inflict more conditions based on your hunger.Casting time: 1/2 secCooldown: 20 secRange: 900Targets hit: up to 5Damage bellow 33% of hunger: 300 (scales with power)Damage between 33% and 66% of hunger: 500 (scales with power)Damage above 66% hunger: 800 (scales with power)Poison bellow 33% of hunger: 2 stacks for 8 secPoison between 33% and 66% of hunger: 3 stacks for 8 secPoison above 66% hunger: 5 stacks for 8 secVulnerability bellow 33% of hunger: 3 stacks for 10 secVulnerability between 33% and 66% of hunger: 6 stacks for 10 secVulnerability above 66% hunger: 10 stacks for 10 sec

Shroud 1 (Precise Bite)Take a bite from your target dealing damage and inflict bleeding. Also, inflict poison against an enemy who is at or bellow 50% of its health.Casting time: 1/4 secRange: 200Damage: 350 (scales with power)Bleeding: 1 stack for 10 secPoison: 1 stack for 5 sec

Shroud 2 (To the Table)Jump to targeted location and apply vulnerability and cripple to enemies in targeted area.Casting time: 3/4 secCooldown: 14 secRange: 900Radius: 240Vulnerability: 10 stacks for 5 secCripple: 5 sec

Shroud 3 (Meat Separation)Change to your target and rip out massive amount of flesh from your target dealing damage, stunning and bleeding it.Casting time: 1/2 secRange: 450Cooldown: 15 secDamage: 800 (scales with power)Stun: 2 secBleed: 1 stack for 10 sec

Shroud 4 (Whirlpool of Meatcleavers)Draw blood from nearby enemies dealing damage to them while channeling. Deal more damage against bleeding enemies.Casting time: instantChanneling duration: 3 secCooldown: 20 secRadius: 600Damage (6x): 600 (scales with power)Damage against bleeding enemies (6x): 1200 (scales with power)

Shroud 5 (Blood Devouring Spices)Release noxious gasses dealing damage to nearby enemies and transform all bleeding stacks on them into stacks of poison of equal duration.Casting time: 3/4 secCooldown: 30 secRadius: 600Damage: 450 (scales with power)

Rage healing (Devour Everything)Heal yourself and reduce you hunger. In addition, for next few second heal yourself for 5% of damage taken by nearby enemies.Casting time: 1/2 secCooldown: 30 secHealing: 3000 (scales with healing power)Hunger reduction: 15% of your maximum hungerHealing from damage taken by nearby enemies: 5 secRadius: 600

Rage utility 1 (Desperate Feast)Take a bite of your target dealing damage to it, reduce your hunger and transferring 1 condition from yourself to your target. You can use this ability on one of your minions. Using this ability on a minion will instantly kill it and remove up to 3 conditions from you.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 12 secRange: 200Damage: 650 (scales with power)Hunger reduction: 10% of your maximum hungerHunger reduction when used on a minion: 20% of your maximum hunger

Rage utility 2 (Throw Out Unfit Ingredients)Lash out against your target dealing damage to it, reduce your hunger and knock it back. You can use this ability on one of your minions. Using this ability on a minion will instantly kill it and grant you 5 sec of alacrity.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 20 secRange: 200Damage: 550 (scales with power)Knock back range: 600Hunger reduction: 8% of your maximum hungerHunger reduction when used on a minion: 16% of your maximum hunger

Rage utility 3 (Devouring the World)Devour essence from nearby enemies to greatly reduce your hunger. This ability deals more damage when used at or above 66% of your maximum hunger.Casting time: instantCooldown: 15 secRadius: 600Targets hit: up to 5Damage: 250 (scales with power)Damage while at or above 66% of hunger: 500 (scales with power)Hunger reduction: 45% of your maximum hunger

Rage Utility 4 (Stunbreak yourself and all nearby allies.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 30 secRadius: 600Hunger reduction: 15% of your maximum hunger

Rage elite (The Last Supper)Rapidly rush to your target and inject it with special acid. Target of this ability will get stunned after a delay. You can use this ability on one of your minions. Using this ability on a minion will instantly kill it and grant you you boons.Casting time: 1 sec (you can't move while casting)Cooldown: 50 secRange: 900Damage over 3 sec: 600 (scale with power and condition damage)Delay before stun: 3 secStun: 2 secRetaliation on minion kill: 5 secStability on minion kill: 2 stacks for 6 secResistance on minion kill: 3 secProtection on minion kill: 8 secRegeneration on minion kill: 10 sec

Update (2018-03-30): updated traits, slightly reworked shroud, updated other abilities and added 4th utility ability.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@derd.6413 said:do you really believe you can make a good elite spec in 4 hours time even if you steal concepts from somebody else.

also rage skills were already just tweaked spectral skills.

Do you really think you really can make anything better than me even though i only used literally one word and words do not belong to anyone?

Also, you can't even compare rage to spectral.There is no spectral healing skill.Spectral grasp is a pull and chill - not a single rage skill work as such.Spectral armor is life force generator, stun breaker and free protection - and again not a single rage skill work that way.Spectral wall is fear + protection - not a single fear in rage skills.Spectral walk is another life force generator and swiftness - and once again not a single rage skill work like that.Do i even need to bring up Lich Form?

You are just picking on me without a reason and being nasty. I don't appreciate that.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:yo >_> really

Well, i did ask and i even made a credit. Look at the top.

Yes you asked but didnt even wait for me to reply with any answer (which I can under stand) You are your own person you dont have to listen to some dude on the internet xDLook,Im happy that i could inspire you to be creative dont get me wrong, but I would have liked to see some of your ideas if you had posted them under my suggestion. Im not going to be the first to clam to do a suggestion like this because i dont know that some one else has not already done it. But if they have it would have been some time ago where Ive never seen it.

I know that each person is different and you will have ideas that I never would and that cool but to rewrite a whole suggestion, very quickly i might add, was a bit much.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I don't want to point how OP this is but, just for the sake of asking, what's the cool down of the shroud? 40 or 50 seconds?

Oh, my bad, looks like i forgot to specify it. Cooldown: 45 sec.

Even with that, an 8 second (traited) invuln state is doomed to be OP. ;)It also make quite a few core traits useless or should I say very very weak.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:I don't want to point how OP this is but, just for the sake of asking, what's the cool down of the shroud? 40 or 50 seconds?

Oh, my bad, looks like i forgot to specify it. Cooldown: 45 sec.

Even with that, an 8 second (traited) invuln state is doomed to be OP. ;)It also make quite a few core traits useless or should I say very very weak.

Well, even if it would be deemed OP, which it might be, it is only balance issue. Cooldown can be extended or duration can be reduced. Keep in mind that Anet have massive balancing team who are working on class balance and i am just one guy, so i can't balance everything perfectly.

Keep in mind that Anet have massive balancing team who are working on class balance

I almost choke from the laugh... There is probablay 4-5 devs that work on balance and they do it only when they got a bit of time out of the numerous other things that they need to develop or fix (bugs). If there was a "massive balance team wo is working on classe balance", we probably wouldn't have ever seen scourge introduced in the game.

Any way, the shrot shroud uptime make tons of core traits weak on a base profession who is already quite weak but obvioulsy such "invulnerability" just can't be allowed to be kept for a long uptime. All in all, this make the mechanism chosen a bad match with the necromancer. And note that I only consider the "shroud", because this is the very first thing that you described.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:

Keep in mind that Anet have massive balancing team who are working on class balance

I almost choke from the laugh... There is probablay 4-5 devs that work on balance and they do it only when they got a bit of time out of the numerous other things that they need to develop or fix (bugs). If there was a "massive balance team wo is working on classe balance", we probably wouldn't have ever seen scourge introduced in the game.

Any way, the shrot shroud uptime make tons of core traits weak on a base profession who is already quite weak but obvioulsy such "invulnerability" just can't be allowed to be kept for a long uptime. All in all, this make the mechanism chosen a bad match with the necromancer. And note that I only consider the "shroud", because this is the very first thing that you described.

I don't think so. Lets take spite for example:1) It generates might using basic attack while in shroud. Shorter shroud might dampen this ability, but;2) Signets of suffering benefit very nicely while in shroud. Not only they retain their passive while in shroud, they also recharge faster. Core necromancer can lose shroud nearly instantly while under heavy fire which would mean this passive would be wasted, but this new shroud improve this trait where it is lacking3) Spiteful spirit also doesn't lose much, because this elite is quite mobility and extra cripple would increase its effectiveness even more

number of traits impacted by a short shroud uptime: 7number of traits impacted by a long cool down on shroud: 10number of trait that impact shroud skill and indirectly suffer rom the shroud uptime and cool down: 5

That's 23 traits impacted negatively out of 12*5 = 60 traits. That's more than 1 trait out of 3 of the core necromancer.

That is outside of the fact that there is no way anet would make possible a skill that provide an 8 second long immunity to damage which at the same time make you into the perfect killing tool.

@"Kaiser.9873" said:I read until I reached the "hunger" mechanic. Those self-damage numbers are not okay. TAKE 15% damage AND lose 6% health every second? Yeah no.

Except that you can:1) Trait to take less damage2) Use abilities to reduce hunger3) Trait abilities to reduce hunger even moreEtc.

Traits and abilities to cancel out a bad mechanic? No thank you.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@Kaiser.9873 said:I read until I reached the "hunger" mechanic. Those self-damage numbers are not okay. TAKE 15% damage AND lose 6% health every second? Yeah no.

Except that you can:1) Trait to take less damage2) Use abilities to reduce hunger3) Trait abilities to reduce hunger even moreEtc.

Traits and abilities to cancel out a bad mechanic? No thank you.

If you don't understand something, that doesn't mean it is bad. The main point of this elite is either keep hunger at minimum or embrace it. If it is too hard to understand for you, then that doesn't mean it is a bad mechanic.

I don't care that you think I don't understand. I feel it's a bad mechanic. I don't like it. Super, you think it's awesome. I don't. I fully understand what you want to do with that mechanic. I just think it's asinine. Gourmet Shroud? Hunger. I would be cool with a "Hunger" mechanic, but yours is ridiculous. I get that it's your baby, and that you're going to defend it, but at this point you're coming off as very thin skinned.

@"Kaiser.9873" said:I don't care that you think I don't understand. I feel it's a bad mechanic. I don't like it. Super, you think it's awesome. I don't. I fully understand what you want to do with that mechanic. I just think it's asinine. Gourmet Shroud? Hunger. I would be cool with a "Hunger" mechanic, but yours is ridiculous. I get that it's your baby, and that you're going to defend it, but at this point you're coming off as very thin skinned.

Well, i do care. If i didn't, then i wouldn't answer to your comments. And you can feel whatever you want. You can feel cold, you can feel warm or you can feel that good things are bad.And design philosophy for hunger:1) And it is pretty simple. Usually with necromancer you run few abilities to generate life force to get access to the shroud, but generally you don't pay too much attention to how much life force you have. If you don't run several spectral abilities in your build, then you generally trust that you will generate enough life force with your weapons or traits. Life force usually runs in the background without you paying too much attention to until you need the shroud.2) However, with hunger you have to keep an eye on it. All your life force generating abilities becomes hunger reducing abilities. In fight you will have to maintain desirable hunger level, run al least one or two utilities in case you get too much hunger. Hunger offers benefits and drawbacks and you can exploit those with any build you make, but you need to play a tactical battle. For example if nobody is attacking you, then you can build some of hunger. For example you run an axe/scepter/staff build and you aren't being attacked, so you can build about 70% hunger. That would give you moderate damage increase and minor damage over time effect. And in case somebody starts attacking you, then you could use one of abilities you have picked to reduce hunger to more manageable levels. Even more, if you are constantly being attacked, you might want to keep hunger as low as possible thus you would want to use as much hunger reducing abilities from your weapon as possible and couple them with one or two utility abilities.3) And more importantly, you could run a build which uses certain high levels of hunger to get benefits from it. It is similar to other high risk and high reward builds. You will take more damage and take periodic damage, but you will also deal quite a lot more damage and have quite a solid defense. Protection, condition consuming, other strong boons, there is a lot of benefits if you build your character correctly, but yeah you risk way more than with usual lazy build.

If you still do not understand the principle behind this mechanic, then it might mean that i simply can't work with you. I tried to explain things as simply as i can, but i don't think i can make it simpler than that.

You got some many great idea :) just feel like you need to well put them out with more time-interval to give the community time to digest:)

Also even though it is your babies, critic is very imoortant for such idea, cause as one person, you can only have so much experienced, and is often biased in away :)Therefor lets say you where to develop them, listen to other people in the community could be beneficial when putting the spec out :)

And lastly, this is purely me, I would like concept art of weapons, skill design and more :D that would be neat!

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:You got some many great idea :) just feel like you need to well put them out with more time-interval to give the community time to digest:)

Also even though it is your babies, critic is very imoortant for such idea, cause as one person, you can only have so much experienced, and is often biased in away :)Therefor lets say you where to develop them, listen to other people in the community could be beneficial when putting the spec out :)

And lastly, this is purely me, I would like concept art of weapons, skill design and more :D that would be neat!

Yeah, i would love to gain some constructive criticism and good suggestions, but i rarely get them.And art isn't my specialty, the best i could do is microsoft paint.......

I feel you xD eventhough I got more advanced programs, I lack the skills (well maybe more the dedication/time it takes).

I just think you got too much going on.Write all of tem down on a word doc, pick the one you like the most, and then just focus to perfect it! :)Then you could always go back to the others :)Presenting and idea is often more about quality than quantity, even though marketing tells us otherwise :b

I especially love your phonix idea, even though I agreed with the feedback saying the theme was off, but that is what made it interesting and unique.A whole new development within your profession.. and glimps of “I’ve seen the light and reach for it, but still got a foot in the past”-scenario.

Archived