chronophantasma and chaos traitline are the problems with memser in pvp

Ocir.7345

these add up too much of damage and boons + makes chaos storm/armor crazy defensive skills.these are the offenders that make the class way too easy.i disaggree with the ways anet nerfs mirage in the upcoming patch.jaunt is not an offender, why make it useless?and nerfing mirror blade? that skill isnt even significant anymore.anet acts like it has no clue.

You forgot easy access to 25 might stack via phantasmal force. (make it 1 might or remove if you want to burn it with fire)Its always been like that , anet nerf things in wrong places.Disenchanter is fine tbh ,just abit nerf to its damage to boonless target, instead of its cooldown. Defender should be reworked, not nerfed .Shield phantasm need damage nerf + make phantasm spawn regardless of dodge.Everyone who complaint on this forum make it look like mesmer have all trait lines equipped in same time with Mirage and Chrono elites in same time :)Chrono phantasm spam ill leave to someone else to solve ;)

@Ocir.7345 said:these add up too much of damage and boons + makes chaos storm/armor crazy defensive skills.these are the offenders that make the class way too easy.i disaggree with the ways anet nerfs mirage in the upcoming patch.jaunt is not an offender, why make it useless?and nerfing mirror blade? that skill isnt even significant anymore.anet acts like it has no clue.

... chaos armor and chaos storm are fine. They’ve been nerfed already. You might have a case if chaos armor still provided blind on hit but it doesn’t. Everything else is completely RNG.

Also, you want to say Anet isn’t nerfing the right things but you’re also wrong. The chaos line hasn’t been used until recently for power builds in PvP. It wasn’t until concentration stats were introduced people started using it because it allows the boons to be stacked. That wasn’t the original design behind boons. If you remove concentration the issue is solved because our boons have short durations except for the new boons added to swordsman and the illusions line.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@Ocir.7345 said:these add up too much of damage and boons + makes chaos storm/armor crazy defensive skills.these are the offenders that make the class way too easy.i disaggree with the ways anet nerfs mirage in the upcoming patch.jaunt is not an offender, why make it useless?and nerfing mirror blade? that skill isnt even significant anymore.anet acts like it has no clue.

... chaos armor and chaos storm are fine. They’ve been nerfed already. You might have a case if chaos armor still provided blind on hit but it doesn’t. Everything else is completely RNG.

Also, you want to say Anet isn’t nerfing the right things but you’re also wrong. The chaos line hasn’t been used until recently for power builds in PvP. It wasn’t until concentration stats were introduced people started using it because it allows the boons to be stacked. That wasn’t the original design behind boons. If you remove concentration the issue is solved because our boons have short durations except for the new boons added to swordsman and the illusions line.

what are you talking about, the builds dont use concentration amulet

@Lighter.5631 said:

Every person I’ve fought and asked about has been using diviners which does have concentration.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

Every person I’ve fought and asked about has been using diviners which does have concentration.

every person i've fought and asked about has not been using any concentration amulet

@Lighter.5631 said:

every person i've fought and asked about has not been using any concentration amulet

??Good for you, ymmv.Chaos still isn’t the problem.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

??Good for you, ymmv.Chaos still isn’t the problem.

it is, since it's not concentration

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:Most chaos mesmers acutally dotn use concentration amuletsYou can easily get 30+% of boon duration just from chaotic persistence and some random boon duration rune (+15 for surging i.e.). which is about enough to fuel perma 25 might, protection, regen and some other stuff.

do you realize 'easy' 30% its 10 boons ? Seems not

@Odik.4587 said:

@"BikeIsGone.8675" said:Most chaos mesmers acutally dotn use concentration amuletsYou can easily get 30+% of boon duration just from chaotic persistence and some random boon duration rune (+15 for surging i.e.). which is about enough to fuel perma 25 might, protection, regen and some other stuff.

I said "and some random boon duration rune" ...chatoic persistence with 5 boons(which is very achieveable) gives about 15% + 15% (from surging i.e.) = 30%

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:Most chaos mesmers acutally dotn use concentration amuletsYou can easily get 30+% of boon duration just from chaotic persistence and some random boon duration rune (+15 for surging i.e.). which is about enough to fuel perma 25 might, protection, regen and some other stuff.

I said "and some random boon duration rune" ...chatoic persistence with 5 boons(which is very achieveable) gives about 15% + 15% (from surging i.e.) = 30%

Not really enough (and obsly i thought you mean like its 30% from trait alone :>)

@Odik.4587 said:

Not really enough (and obsly i thought you mean like its 30% from trait alone :>)

Well...it kinda is tho....just sw5 with phantasmal force and persistance of memory give gives you 19 might. 1 skill .....

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:

Well...it kinda is tho....just sw5 with phantasmal force and persistance of memory give gives you 19 might. 1 skill .....

11seconds of might =/= permanent , plus you need to land 1second casting melee hit

@Odik.4587 said:

11seconds of might =/= permanent , plus you need to land 1second casting melee hit

true...but you have lots of other might stacking capabilities. Staff stacks might like crazy as well with 2x phantasmal force and the ambush. Your F1 also gives might. Its a lot if you add it up. Maybe not "perma 25" ...but you can maintain ~15 stacks for a decent duration....in addition to a lot of other boons.Hitting sw2 is also not that bad considering, you can jaunt mid cast.

Mate im aware about everything (problems and whatnot) . But you see chaos never been an issue ,boon duration wasnt introduced, mesmers were forced to take inspiration or go yolo with full damage. Elite specs happened, boon durations , rework of phantasms addition of easy ways of getting 25 might just by spamming phantasms or share with them

I completely agree with you on that part, although I actually don't mind mesmers being able to build up boons....it just has to happen more gradually as opposed to the "boom, 1 skill = 20 might" approach we currently have. Phantasmal Force and bountiful disillusionment are conceptually good traits and IF you dont run sword offhand the might stacking actually takes quite some time. So I feel like sword offhand really is the issue here. Will be interesting to see how the CD increase and the less stacks with the next update will play out. But since I figure people will opt for strength runes then, I guess we ll just have to w8 and see.

Archived