Skimmer under the map lions arch

There is a area around mystic forge where you get de-mounted, if you stay at the spot where you get de-mounted and stand with your back against the mystic forge and then mount again you go under the map. I can recreate the bug and have been a couple of times under lions arch in the water. I also made a video. Dont know where to place it. It would be nice to be able to send you the video that would explain it a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an awful lot of triangles that should not exist since they are supposed to never be visibles. Maybe they dont care about overdraws / back facing and loading times, or maybe we should send them a tutorial on faces selection and how to press the button delete.

Skimmer not needed. Go to the southwest corner, where some Caromi tengu guard a big green gate. Griffon up and (facing the gate) head to the right-hand clifftop beside the gate. There's an invisible wall on top of the gate, but to the right, the invisible wall ends and it is possible to drop down behind the gate and from there drop down below the scenery.

@Yseron.8613 said:That's an awful lot of triangles that should not exist since they are supposed to never be visibles. Maybe they dont care about overdraws / back facing and loading times, or maybe we should send them a tutorial on faces selection and how to press the button delete.

Yeah, because most of these just extend into the water from the surface and cost nothing, or are hidden if you're in valid locations due to being in visibility groups....

I have the outmost confidence that you understand that the number of faces increase the models files size and hence, loading time. I also trust that you know that backfacing triangles might not be drawn principaly because it has to be determined that you dont have to draw them.If you need more help you can have a look at best practices in a site like this one: https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/3d-primer-for-game-developers-an-overview-of-3d-modeling-in-games--gamedev-5704 (you might be interested by the section named "Unseen Polygons").These best practices are as old as 3d in video games.

I'm happy. Are you happy that I'm happy ? We are happy !

Archived