A build for your entertainment

Ario.8964

Disclaimer: This build is not a meta level build. It is a meme build designed to make you hella tanky with damage reduction while maintaining good damage in melee. You use this for side node fighting and it can be used in teamfights as the damage reductions will become stronger from your team giving you more boons. I've been messing around with this for awhile and it's fun, let me know what you guys think or better yet, share some of your "fun time" builds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUBtbh1IDmID0ehFDDrvG2DDiipj+zAKMAMO6LA-jJxHQBA4BAsvyAB8EAku9HAA

@Vagrant.7206 said:I actually typed up @"zoopop.5630"'s build from the other day (at his permission), and it's not too far from what you came up with:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Stand_Still_S/S

It's not a bad setup. Though there are changes that could make it better imo. Also depends on the role you want to take. In my experience, sword and shield need an ammy a bit glassier than paladin to do reasonable damage. (I run rifle with pally because the power scaling is strong enough to still do lots of damage so you can get a good amount of tankiness and damage) I also did some testing between the GM traits to find which ones I thought worked better for a setup with this sort of mentality and I found that ECSU provides higher boon uptime with the pulsing might and the extra quickness on sword 3 (running with diviner and herald and then agility sigs) you can get almost permanent quickness which is cool but it's big drawback is heavily reduced sustain, adaptability, and forge uptime. Vent exhaust gives more sustain over time and allows for more swapping in and out of forge mode while ECSU promotes filling to the brink of full and then having a cd period where you fill the gap with other skills. While this is easy to cover with sword and shield's utility, it also makes your playstyle easily readable and therefore much more exploitable by higher tier players (they'll force your heat up and then pressure you hard while you have no forge available). It may just be preference but I find vent to be better.

That being said, thanks for the work put in.

@Ario.8964 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:I actually typed up @"zoopop.5630"'s build from the other day (at his permission), and it's not too far from what you came up with:

It's not a bad setup. Though there are changes that could make it better imo. Also depends on the role you want to take. In my experience, sword and shield need an ammy a bit glassier than paladin to do reasonable damage. (I run rifle with pally because the power scaling is strong enough to still do lots of damage so you can get a good amount of tankiness and damage) I also did some testing between the GM traits to find which ones I thought worked better for a setup with this sort of mentality and I found that ECSU provides higher boon uptime with the pulsing might and the extra quickness on sword 3 (running with diviner and herald and then agility sigs) you can get almost permanent quickness which is cool but it's big drawback is heavily reduced sustain, adaptability, and forge uptime. Vent exhaust gives more sustain over time and allows for more swapping in and out of forge mode while ECSU promotes filling to the brink of full and then having a cd period where you fill the gap with other skills. While this is easy to cover with sword and shield's utility, it also makes your playstyle easily readable and therefore much more exploitable by higher tier players (they'll force your heat up and then pressure you hard while you have no forge available). It may just be preference but I find vent to be better.

I also use vent because of what you stated , but again comes down to player play style and what purpose they are looking to play/fill up. Heat vent makes things a little easier to do and help rotate around skills better while sword and shield are on cooldowns.

Thank you for the feedback.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:I actually typed up @zoopop.5630's build from the other day (at his permission), and it's not too far from what you came up with:

I also use vent because of what you stated , but again comes down to player play style and what purpose they are looking to play/fill up. Heat vent makes things a little easier to do and help rotate around skills better while sword and shield are on cooldowns.

100% about preference. I know quite a few engis who think the vent is too clunky to play with and they like the style of a huge ramp up and cooldown. Whatever works best for you, go for it. Comfort on a build is more important than being 100% meta.

@Ario.8964 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:I actually typed up @zoopop.5630's build from the other day (at his permission), and it's not too far from what you came up with:

100% about preference. I know quite a few engis who think the vent is too clunky to play with and they like the style of a huge ramp up and cooldown. Whatever works best for you, go for it. Comfort on a build is more important than being 100% meta.

Agreed! Need to play a few games with you in the future.

@Vagrant.7206 said:I do feel like ECSU fits this build particularly well, mostly because it scales up sword that much more, and the number of skills with benefits when over 50% heat. It's much easier to maintain that heat level with ECSU.

I think another reason to take ECSU is because of the longer period to cool down, giving you more of the 600+ procs of healing per second after the initial 5 second cooldown period, effectively allowing one to play the bruiser or off bunker role well.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:I do feel like ECSU fits this build particularly well, mostly because it scales up sword that much more, and the number of skills with benefits when over 50% heat. It's much easier to maintain that heat level with ECSU.

I think another reason to take ECSU is because of the longer period to cool down, giving you more of the 600+ procs of healing per second after the initial 5 second cooldown period, effectively allowing one to play the bruiser or off bunker role well.

Its more the reverse, ECSU heat therapy is less consistent, slightly better for an in-out glassy playstyle

Archived