DC and DC and DC

Centuri.7810

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I havent had DC, DC and DC. I had a few Crashes to character selection screen before the latest Hot fix. After that I havent had any DC but now I got stuck and crashed at a loading screen after 3 hours of playing.

I dunno if you are making it sound so horrible or maby you might check your own connection? Also, problems with an MMO a few days or even weeks after release of an expansion are very common.

I had some problem with some release but not during 24h , and most of the time it was a the release of a game (which means a lot of players , hard to know their number)Here it's a second expansion release , HOT was totally fine in contrary of today , we only have answer about those problem since 15 min , nice communication

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Omega Mayhem.7163 said:You haven't played online video games if you have never played one that didn't have dc's on the day of an expansion pack release.

Well. Heart of Thorns release was fine so I don't understand why Path of Fire is so problematic

Because it's a different expansion. It has different code in it.

Personally, I take HoT as the exception to the norm since it's only 1 time. Now if PoF was the 5th expansion and the previous ones had all been stable then maybe there would be a question as to why it's different this time.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Omega Mayhem.7163 said:You haven't played online video games if you have never played one that didn't have dc's on the day of an expansion pack release.

Well. Heart of Thorns release was fine so I don't understand why Path of Fire is so problematic

Some did have problems with HoT too if I recall correct. Maby not to this extent but I bet anet is working on this problem and if they didn't have the stresstest and worked on it as much as they did I bet it would have been far worse. This problem is not only annoying for those affected, I bet anet who really hoped for another smooth release are sad that this has happened and maby it is an unexpected problem.

@EdgarMTanaka.7291 said:Not saying that it doesn't happen. I'm just saying that I doubt that it happens as much as you make it sound. Like it's unplayable.Well, it actually is unplayable. I can't start the first story instance, I couldn't join my fractals party because the game simply refused to load fractals and even if I just want to login into LA, I have a ~50% chance to have a crash/DC. I've seen a few starts of MMOs and their respective addons, but PoF is exceptionally bad.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@EdgarMTanaka.7291 said:Not saying that it doesn't happen. I'm just saying that I doubt that it happens as much as you make it sound. Like it's unplayable.Well, it actually is unplayable. I can't start the first story instance, I couldn't join my fractals party because the game simply refused to load fractals and even if I just want to login into LA, I have a ~50% chance to have a crash/DC. I've seen a few starts of MMOs and their respective addons, but PoF is exceptionally bad.

same here, cant start story due to the server instance errors, so cant progress xp , so cannot progress mysteries so on and so on.

All this flaming and blame against Anet only shows your immaturity. If you were mature enough, you would understand big patches like this will never come smoothly, and they are probably working their butts of in the office even right now.

Personally I've been lucky enough to not have problems with the story, but I can't get to Desolation at all (infinite loading screen). The game also freezes for a few seconds every now and then, waypoints have a huge delay and there's usually at least one disconnect per hour played. Right now I can't log in on my character at all. But hey, that's life.

Archived