24-28-32 Slot bags, why can only 32-slot ones be unbound from a character?

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It's only a few Silver to swap crafting disciplines back and forth.

Yet it's 50+ gold to level Tailor 0 - 500

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:It is intended however it's inconsistent with any other bag.

This. Exactly this. I'm a relatively new player. The game fooled me here. It's a bad system. Players should be warned before they flush 30 gold down the drain.

Well it do give you a pop up same when you equip a master work/rare/exotic armor or weapon on your character. ( I guess since your starting to craft 24 slot bags you have leveled up and used those before? )

The warning that it will soulbind does
not
specify that it can't be used in crafting on another character, however.

Since we can craft with materials in the bank, it's not unreasonable to expect too be able to use the bag in crafting even if the crafter can't remove it from the bank,
as indeed a couple people upthread advised!
This doesn't work, but the situations that show this are so rare most players never encounter them!

soulbound have always been bound to specific characters no other characters have been able to touch it.if you try to craft a bigger bag obvously you would have to touch it to incorporate it into the new bigger bag your making.

@"Linken.6345" said:soulbound have always been bound to specific characters no other characters have been able to touch it.if you try to craft a bigger bag obvously you would have to touch it to incorporate it into the new bigger bag your making.

The point is that hardly anyone has any actual experience with how it works. Accordingly, some people will figure it out before they get stuck, some will instantly see the problem the first time they encounter it, and well, some of us won't really get it. And heck, some of us will learn it once and then forget after 9 months.

I'm not arguing in favor of ANet changing things. But I don't want to pretend that it's "obvious" for everyone.

Here's a no-downside (I think) proposition:

All soulbound items can be picked up by any character on the account. But, they cannot be used, except by the one two whom it is soulbound.

This idea would help with another issue: the items characters get when leveling up. They are soulbound. Their only value is to trade them in at the Mystic Forge. So, they generally either get tossed, or they take up bag slots until you get four of them.

Another idea that would do the same thing, is to make crafting and the Forge accept soulbound (to other people) items from bank accounts. This might be easier to code.

ANet?

Archived