soulbeast rune /ranger

So if you're not a soulbeast spec you can't benefit? The phrasing would make me think that anyone could use the rune and get the benefits? Does it even give condi to a non-soulbeast ranger who has a pet?Not that I even use this, I'm just curious.

@"Biff.5312" said:So if you're not a soulbeast spec you can't benefit? The phrasing would make me think that anyone could use the rune and get the benefits? Does it even give condi to a non-soulbeast ranger who has a pet?Not that I even use this, I'm just curious.

The wording is "When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain toughness equal to 7% of your condition damage."

So non-soulbeast rangers get the condition damage bonus.

Edit: it might work for necromancer minions too? Maybe mesmer clones? The Superior Rune of the Ranger gives a damage bonus when you have a "companion" and those included pets, minions and clones, but this specifically says "pet" so I'm not sure.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Biff.5312" said:So if you're not a soulbeast spec you can't benefit? The phrasing would make me think that anyone could use the rune and get the benefits? Does it even give condi to a non-soulbeast ranger who has a pet?Not that I even use this, I'm just curious.

The wording is "When you have an active pet, gain condition damage equal to 7% of your power. When you do not have an active pet, gain toughness equal to 7% of your condition damage."

So non-soulbeast rangers get the condition damage bonus.

Edit: it might work for necromancer minions too? Maybe mesmer clones? The Superior Rune of the Ranger gives a damage bonus when you have a "companion" and those included pets, minions and clones, but this specifically says "pet" so I'm not sure.

It' been tested - it only countscount Ranger pets. Non-soulbeast rangers get the Condi part. Non-rangers get the Toughness.

Archived