Linking Guild Wars 1 and 2

As has been said, this is logistically impossible, or unnecessary. The games are completely different, and there is no reason to connect them, and if they did it would likely brake both.

It would take you 10 minutes to recreate your character in either game, then use your imagination to connect the narrative as much as you want. How much development time would it take for them to allow characters to warp from one to the other? How much testing and issues would this cause for people playing both games? All that for inconsequential results.

The results you want are easily achieved by a single player or very difficulty achieved by the development team.

My latest idea would be for humans to be able to travel between the games, avoiding the fact that the other races weren’t playable in GW1. Shorely the only expense issue is the character recreation between the two games. You can repick your profession and trade skills etc. I posted this as a cheap solution idea to expand available content. No positive feedback so far really, so might well be a damp squid!! The history is created and recreated all the time. I love the dedication to lore and history as if it is real (ie Tolkien), so the story that links the two games just needs a creative storyteller who utilises existing lore/history changing it sutterley to appease RPG purists. Anyway sounds like it’s a non started for the majority, so maybe underwater expansion, with underwater mounts, atlantian style cities, raids with monsters that come out of rifts in the ocean depths, better puzzles like in lba, lba2, prince of Persia, monkey island, tomb raider etc, Dungeons with countdowns. There’s loads that can be added and loads that can be done for better gameplay and using the brain a bit more with puzzles to keep interest. Not just jumping puzzles, all types of puzzles ie code breaking etc. Anyway I’m going on too much.

@Thriff.2418 said:My latest idea would be for humans to be able to travel between the games, avoiding the fact that the other races weren’t playable in GW1. Shorely the only expense issue is the character recreation between the two games. You can repick your profession and trade skills etc. I posted this as a cheap solution idea to expand available content. No positive feedback so far really, so might well be a damp squid!! The history is created and recreated all the time. I love the dedication to lore and history as if it is real (ie Tolkien), so the story that links the two games just needs a creative storyteller who utilises existing lore/history changing it sutterley to appease RPG purists. Anyway sounds like it’s a non started for the majority, so maybe underwater expansion, with underwater mounts, atlantian style cities, raids with monsters that come out of rifts in the ocean depths, better puzzles like in lba, lba2, prince of Persia, monkey island, tomb raider etc, Dungeons with countdowns. There’s loads that can be added and loads that can be done for better gameplay and using the brain a bit more with puzzles to keep interest. Not just jumping puzzles, all types of puzzles ie code breaking etc. Anyway I’m going on too much.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:Good luck trying to connect two different engines.

Archived