Does anyone else feel like this game is still in alpha?

According to the post I don’t think you really understand what alpha is. Alpha is buggy with non finished product. Bugs you get from just switching characters back and forth. Or the meta features don’t all a sudden work because a ranger class hit a rock. Gw2 is too far past alpha, and past beta. There’s just too many things to consider that gw2 is not within alpha.

Any game still has regular bugs. But mmos always adds features to the game because that’s what time and expansions do to the game. New features, bug fixing. Etc. There are plenty of games out now that have bugs, but to consider a game to still be in alpha means you really don’t know what designing a game is. Or ever tested a piece of software before.

Gw2 is a regular game like any others. All games have bugs because PCs keep updating. And then they add features to the game. Mac already have multiple bugs and that is one regular system. Then you have pc with thousands of motherboards, ram brands, intel. And then how we combined them and update, already creates different ways for gw2 to operate. Which makes a domino effect of disconnection, a person getting stuck in a wall. Etc.

Lag is ether 2 scenarios. Slow pc, or bad internet. The only real time (lag) happens, is when there are 50 people in a meta. But if your lagging in raiding, fractals, story etc. it’s a your problem 99 percent of the time. Not arenanet. I will say I have seen bugs, but yet, rarely happens. Lagging by how people consider today should mean they have a horrible pc.

In 2018 an i7 dual core is awful. Tbh what software supports that without crashing? Corel draw? Music software? Gaming? No. You should atleast get an i5 quad with this day an age. That is if your planning on doing anything then just writing papers. But now people think i5 , i7 dual core with 4 ram or 8 will get you to a good frame rate. The core tyria will be ran fine with it. But hot,pof will not. And you have to have an ok graphics card to hit close to 60 FPS. But the (engine) is not a reason for being alpha or beta. It’s called just upgrade your parts instead of being cheap.

alpha? Come on man. No.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived