What to do with Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore and Empyreal_Fragment?

@Gudy.3607 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:the problem with eaters is that it takes equal amount of "x"... but u get bloodstone dusts 10 times faster than the other dusts... so eaters become useless

For one, this is a question of what content you play. WvW tends towards Empyreal Fragments and Dragonite Ore, while PvE drowns you in Bloodstone Dust. Also, this depends on the eaters: the Sentient eaters all take equal amounts of two of the three materials. Herta and Mawdrey II eat Bloodstone Dust only (up to about 250 and 200 per day, respectively).

There is lots of Bloodstone Dust in wvw.

If you WVW on a scourge, you could be making Magnanimous Tuning Crystals, which use up 100 Empyreal Fragments for 5 crystals. There are a lot of different sharpening stones, tuning crystals and maintenance oils to make using these items. If you look up each of the items (dragonite etc.) on the wiki you will find near the bottom of the page, the recipes that use them.

With every eater available, you'll be eating somewhere in the range of 450-600 empyreal fragments and dragonite ore, and for bloodstone dust 700-850, PER DAY.Almost the only way to get more of any of these materials than you can eat per day using all available eaters is through SW (and i assume istan?) farming; in casual play you'll find yourself running out of stuff to feed them.

Due to that fact, i suggest not deleteing them. It only takes a minute to withdraw collected materials from bank + click a bunch of eaters every day, and once you generate a decent stack you can make a couple gold off of it at worst- think of the gold it as an upside to controlling your amounts of these materials rather than a primary function though, cus they really don't give much.

Also if ur like me and drowning in stacks of empyreal fragments, most types of tuning crystals, used for many condition based damage builds in all game modes, require them in loads to create.

@TheDivineMissC.7413 said:If you WVW on a scourge, you could be making Magnanimous Tuning Crystals, which use up 100 Empyreal Fragments for 5 crystals. There are a lot of different sharpening stones, tuning crystals and maintenance oils to make using these items. If you look up each of the items (dragonite etc.) on the wiki you will find near the bottom of the page, the recipes that use them.

Thank you for this, a very good point. :)

I didn't realise that with the cheaper mat costs due to Istan that Toxic Focusing Crystals are very cheap to craft providing you have enough empyreal fragments - kind of wish I hadn't kept deleting them now. The pristine spore samples are very cheap and it's worth salvaging ectos for crystalline dust anyway so it's great value for this enhancement.

Wish there was a way to convert my 40 empyreal stars back into fragments.

Yeah, there's several utility items that specifically require bloodstone dust/emp fragments/dragonite ore as part of the recipe. And they are bound to the type of utility item as well -- emp fragments for crystals, dragonite for sharpening stones, bloodstone dust for maint oils. The exception is the Corsair utility items, which break this cadence. You'll be needing 100 for each stack of five, as that's what the recipe makes. I only use my feeders or make promos if my craft mats storage is full of the stuff (and I have 3 upgrades so far, so 1,000 of each). Only because of the times when I might need to make promos or utility items.

I'm actually thinking of deleting my eaters - at the very least deleting the star of gratitude, and using the mats to craft instead. At the moment the eaters are just wasting bank space. :/

Only think making me hold on to them is the effort involved in initially getting mawdrey II for example - seems a shame to just get rid of it.

Edit - the more I think about it the more I'm moving towards the decision to delete mawdrey II, princess and star of gratitude. Unless someone can post on here some reason not to do so. :)

@Curunen.8729 said:Edit - the more I think about it the more I'm moving towards the decision to delete mawdrey II, princess and star of gratitude. Unless someone can post on here some reason not to do so. :)

You will almost certainly regret this in the long run. I'd strongly encourage you to sit on them for at least six months before committing them to the mists for eternity. I mean, sure, they may be actually useless, but ... what are the three bank slots worth of stuff that has more value to you?

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:Edit - the more I think about it the more I'm moving towards the decision to delete mawdrey II, princess and star of gratitude. Unless someone can post on here some reason not to do so. :)

You will almost certainly regret this in the long run. I'd strongly encourage you to sit on them for at least six months before committing them to the mists for eternity. I mean, sure, they may be actually useless, but ... what are the three bank slots worth of stuff that has
more
value to you?

Good job I haven't had time to log in to the game since posting! :o

Ah I've been on an aggressive purge of the inventory, just because as IRL I like minimalism - although with virtual stuff like this it's kind of irrelevant.

On one hand I already salvaged Mawdrey a few months ago (yeah, makes all those painful hours of making it when it first came out seem a waste, but I have the wardrobe skin so that's not going anywhere) as I didn't need the additional back item, so on that note I'm not too attached to Mawdrey II.

Yeah you have a point, the 3 slots aren't crucial for anything, other than I just don't like keeping useless items lying around. Ah damn it, I suppose I'd better just let them sit there.

Archived