For how long idle player gets banned?

Urejt.5648

@Urejt.5648 said:For how long idle player gets banned?

Had this nasty ele in my team afking in base in top eu match. Wonder if he ever gets banned for it and for how long.

My recommendation on fixing this issue is that if a player never leaves the spawn room, they get instantly kicked, no warnings, no nothing. I'm not talking about being AFK in the spawn room and pressing the keys every once in a while so that they stay in the match and cost their teams' skill rating. I'm talking about not leaving the room at all.

This will mean that on maps such as Legacy of the Foefire, if the player doesn't leave the spawn room within 10 seconds or the base where the lord is located within 20 seconds, the player will get kicked. This is just my opinion on fixing this issue in PvP.

There is a urban legend about a guy who got banned for being afk on a ranked match, they say legends are based on true stories, since internet makes things easier, maybe someone knows this guy, can someone get hold of the legend and ask for an AMA on the pvp forums?

Here is my questions:

1. What were you doing while you were afk?
  2. Why were you playing revenant?

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Urejt.5648 said:For how long idle player gets banned?

Had this nasty ele in my team afking in base in top eu match. Wonder if he ever gets banned for it and for how long.

My recommendation on fixing this issue is that if a player never leaves the spawn room, they get instantly kicked, no warnings, no nothing. I'm not talking about being AFK in the spawn room and pressing the keys every once in a while so that they stay in the match and cost their teams' skill rating. I'm talking about not leaving the room at all.

This will mean that on maps such as Legacy of the Foefire, if the player doesn't leave the spawn room within 10 seconds or the base where the lord is located within 20 seconds, the player will get kicked. This is just my opinion on fixing this issue in PvP.

I would rather see them auto killed and hit with 1hr dishonor first the first offense, 12hrs for the second, 24hr for the 3rd. If they do it a 4th time they should get Dhuumed and kicked from the PVP lobby on entry for 6 months with a 2 gold ferryman’s fee for returning them to Tyria.

Archived