[NA][WvW][Social] The Great Retirement [HOME]: Dancing into madness with friends and strange gyrations

Fatherbliss.4701

• Fatherbliss.4701 changed the title to [NA][[TC][WvW][sPVP][FiB]: Where did you last see Cher in concert

Hello! 

im a returning player - been on a long break (Pre-EOD)

i own all the content in the game, just havent DONE it

spent a LOT of time solo - and that ends up burning me out - then i stop playing fo a long while, rinse and repeat.

What i want to do in game is the following:

finish all story content on at least one toon

complete group content at least once (i used to love fractals, but i dont remember most of them now) like the strike missions (never done one) and raids. would do more if given the opertunity

im willing to PvP and learn that as well, but im not sure i'd be super good at it, but im willing to learn and try. just to say i gave it a chance. 

I have had guilds in the past but none has been a good fit and either im just left alone and i feel excluded, OR im demanded to do PvP and nothing else and that just pushes me away as i dont know what im doing really 

I used to main a thief, but i came back for launch of SotO and decided to start a new toon - Necro. so far necro is pretty cool, just playing power reaper build now tha ti have reaper spec unlocked. 

im in ETS time zone (-5utc) on Gate of Madness server. Usually available to paly after work and most weekends if im not busy with wife and kids. 

Honest question: would i be a good fit?  

9 minutes ago, Yukondokne.4967 said:

Hello! 

im a returning player - been on a long break (Pre-EOD)

i own all the content in the game, just havent DONE it

spent a LOT of time solo - and that ends up burning me out - then i stop playing fo a long while, rinse and repeat.

What i want to do in game is the following:

finish all story content on at least one toon

complete group content at least once (i used to love fractals, but i dont remember most of them now) like the strike missions (never done one) and raids. would do more if given the opertunity

im willing to PvP and learn that as well, but im not sure i'd be super good at it, but im willing to learn and try. just to say i gave it a chance. 

I have had guilds in the past but none has been a good fit and either im just left alone and i feel excluded, OR im demanded to do PvP and nothing else and that just pushes me away as i dont know what im doing really 

I used to main a thief, but i came back for launch of SotO and decided to start a new toon - Necro. so far necro is pretty cool, just playing power reaper build now tha ti have reaper spec unlocked. 

im in ETS time zone (-5utc) on Gate of Madness server. Usually available to paly after work and most weekends if im not busy with wife and kids. 

Honest question: would i be a good fit?  

Howdy! Yep so here are some details about the guild. We have a number of people who focus on PVP quite a bit. Strikes and Raids are something I'd love to do but we've not tried them as a group. However a number of my members do that content in other guilds so I know darn well we can pull a team together. We can definitely teach you about both sPVP (instanced PVP maps that are 5v5 or smaller) and WvW (that's the big huge maps with roughly a cap of 60 per map that are going 24/7). That I know we can do its my main mode.

I'm branching out to try other content out. Your time zone is perfect, no issues there. I also have a partner/wife type person and my son is grown and out of the house. Truly the only way to know for sure if we are the right fit is to join the discord and or guild in game to hang out for a bit. Up to you though! My main is on Darkhaven right now but many of us have alts all over the place on various servers.

3 minutes ago, Fatherbliss.4701 said:

Howdy! Yep so here are some details about the guild. We have a number of people who focus on PVP quite a bit. Strikes and Raids are something I'd love to do but we've not tried them as a group. However a number of my members do that content in other guilds so I know darn well we can pull a team together. We can definitely teach you about both sPVP (instanced PVP maps that are 5v5 or smaller) and WvW (that's the big huge maps with roughly a cap of 60 per map that are going 24/7). That I know we can do its my main mode.

I'm branching out to try other content out. Your time zone is perfect, no issues there. I also have a partner/wife type person and my son is grown and out of the house. Truly the only way to know for sure if we are the right fit is to join the discord and or guild in game to hang out for a bit. Up to you though! My main is on Darkhaven right now but many of us have alts all over the place on various servers.

what/where is your discord? ill come chat  

• Like 1

• Fatherbliss.4701 changed the title to The Great Retirement [HOME]: Social, PvX guild full of veterans and some small amounts of space aliens
11 hours ago, HighlyCaffeinated.4176 said:

That 'stay awhile and listen' got my attention!
What times are you most active, and what times do you guys get together for scheduled guild events?

Howdy! We are a funny lot its true. We tend to be more active starting around dinner time in NA (6pm Central time) and have a lot of folks in various time zones including people who play during the night. I haven't scheduled many events in some time. I was serious about the "retirement" bit and adulting all the time lol. We do have a lot of people wanting to run PVE events I'm just recruiting more of a base to draw from before putting a lot back on the calendar. I run all the WvW content and right now we are spreading across a bunch of servers. I advise everyone to come and check us out first to see what they think.

3 hours ago, Fatherbliss.4701 said:

Howdy! We are a funny lot its true. We tend to be more active starting around dinner time in NA (6pm Central time) and have a lot of folks in various time zones including people who play during the night. I haven't scheduled many events in some time. I was serious about the "retirement" bit and adulting all the time lol. We do have a lot of people wanting to run PVE events I'm just recruiting more of a base to draw from before putting a lot back on the calendar. I run all the WvW content and right now we are spreading across a bunch of servers. I advise everyone to come and check us out first to see what they think.

Thank you for your answer! I was asking to see if our times matched up, but I never play at 6pm or close to that time. I play much later, so not sure if our times match up but it won't hurt to come and see. 🙂