Are balances made from et for Anet players ?

Delweyn.1309

Why not really nerf mesmer ?Why scourge are stil lso powerfull at close range and the only spe that could counter then got hardly nerf ?Why nerf this already non meta rifle deadeye but not touch the meta sword thief ?

Is it that some average skilled Anet mesmer players and/or scourge got asskicked by some good deadeye players ?

It's just that my logic can't understand some changes or no changes.Unless, in fact, there is some simple logic.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:The old implementation of deadeye wasn't good for a competitive game. The fact that they camped invis for 20 seconds only to attempt a one shot that may or may not land.P/P was actually buffed, so was D/P.

If so, why deadeye was not meta ?

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Because standing invis for twenty seconds to attempt a one shot isn't a viable strategy in a gamemode that revolves around holding points.It doesn't need to be viable in order for it to be a toxic build.

The ranked matches only turn around the win or the lose of the team, not some strange way (and unguaranted) to die for few players. So I still ask : why this nerf and still some untouched meta build ?

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Because standing invis for twenty seconds to attempt a one shot isn't a viable strategy in a gamemode that revolves around holding points.It doesn't need to be viable in order for it to be a toxic build.

The ranked matches only turn around the win or the lose of the team, not some strange way (and unguaranted) to die for few players. So I still ask : why this nerf and still some untouched meta build ?

I'm not sure what you were trying to convey, but the build wasn't fun to play against. Even though it was a terrible build that was easy to counter.

That being said, you have builds that are meta and unfun to play against, such as Chronomancer and scourge. They should definitely be toned down.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

I'm not sure what you were trying to convey, but the build wasn't fun to play against. Even though it was a terrible build that was easy to counter.

That being said, you have builds that are meta and unfun to play against, such as Chronomancer and scourge. They should definitely be toned down.

So you agree that it's strange that those powerfull spe of mesmer and scourge are strangely untouched and they nerfed hard a spe that was not the biggest problem in the competitive meta.So my question still seems to be pertinent.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

So you agree that it's strange that those powerfull spe of mesmer and scourge are strangely untouched and they nerfed hard a spe that was not the biggest problem in the competitive meta.So my question still seems to be pertinent.

I don't agree with them not nerfing over performing specs, no. I do agree with them tuning down builds that are not fun to play vs, regardless wether they are over powered or not.Builds like the old chill reaper, DH, turret engineer all needed to be toned down. Even though they were never competitive.

I don't agree with them not nerfing over performing specs, no. I do agree with them tuning down builds that are not fun to play vs,
regardless
wether they are over powered or not.Builds like the old chill reaper, DH, turret engineer all needed to be toned down. Even though they were never competitive.

But overperforming spe means that they are powerfull and not fun to play against. Playing against a mesmer with x dodges and invincibilities or a scourge for a cac, the problem has been mentionned already many times. It's not FUN.

So what's the difference against a deadeye who can only kill some players in few situation and were already fragile ?

That's only half the truth, biggest problem is downstate. A deadeye could be useful in some bunker comp where you slowly chip away at the enemy team using the deadeye's kill potential, but because donwstate exists anyone you oneshot doesn't really die and could be back up in 2 seconds.

And of course deadeye can't defend itself from other thief builds, even if deadeye was better other thieves would still be meta because of that.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:I don't agree with them not nerfing over performing specs, no. I do agree with them tuning down builds that are not fun to play vs, regardless wether they are over powered or not.Builds like the old chill reaper, DH, turret engineer all needed to be toned down. Even though they were never competitive.

That's all the problem Delweyn probably asks. These builds actually didn't need to be toned down..We've went from turrets, which were easy to counter, couldn't move, and only slow physical damage to scourges, which can move, spam condis + few sustain + spam aoes while moving. If you tell me turrets had to be toned down but not scourge, there is clearly an issue here..

Archived