Scourge skills and shade colour change?

Mal.3870

@"Mal.3870" said:I just thought that the main colour theme for necromancers/reapers/scourges was green. Anyone else wish the scourge skills and shade colour were green (Specifically neon :D)???

As far as I can remember, the main theme for core necro was greenish, Reaper was dark green to black and scourge is mostly yellow(ish) because of the links to all the "sand" skills.Quote "Scourges channel their life force into the desert sands to summon biddable shades that damage enemies and create shields for their allies."Personally I'd say it's good to have a little variance rather than everything being heavily weighted in favour of one colour only.

@Nimon.7840 said:Hey. Anet could give the shades a colour option. Which you can unlock for only 2000 gems in the gemstone :D

While this would be an excelling feature for all professions in the game (ive suggested it) it would create some problems for some of them (elementalist/revenant) to name a few.

Not to mention skills are a certain color which allows you to identify a profession easier when fighting against it. in competitive modes this could create some very serious instabilities with being able to read attacks properly

While they could disable it in pvp and wvw im still not sure how easy or how visually game breaking doing something like this would be. Some professions already generate far too much visual noise adding color change ontop of that could make it much worse.

@Mal.3870 said:I just thought that the main colour theme for necromancers/reapers/scourges was green. Anyone else wish the scourge skills and shade colour were green (Specifically neon :D)???

Well i wnt a colour change when i use my shades in snowy scenarios, like snow shades. Or make the shade take the color of the flooor where it is cast

@Nimon.7840 said:Hey. Anet could give the shades a colour option. Which you can unlock for only 2000 gems in the gemstone :D

Honestly? They almost certainly can't, because that would require defining one full set of skills for every color. The engine isn't designed to recolor skills, and consequently, it would be a herculean task (and likely introduce several annoying bugs along the way) to make it possible.

This is also why weapons can't be dyed, etc, and while ANet would love to do it, it just isn't going to happen.

Archived