Please get rid of Minimum Player Req for WvW Guild Missions

@Fremtid.3528 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:I dont think the player requirement should go away without some counterbalancing changes.

We need to realise that guild races, bounties and even guild puzzles and challenges can invite none-guild members to help them out.(regardless of instance really) Also guild races and bounties dont have a limitation of not being in instances, is pretty much a intended feature. It is so that players help eachother out.

The problem there lies in: You cant invite people to your party in WvW (or PvP) the same even though the activity itself is equally teambased.

And why can't you invite people to your party in wvw? this makes no sense. For the 3 man requirement I've invited tons of randos to my party.

As a way to meet the guild mission requirements? That works? If so, then I wasnt aware.

But then that definitely can be made clearer that that is an option.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:I dont think the player requirement should go away without some counterbalancing changes.

We need to realise that guild races, bounties and even guild puzzles and challenges can invite none-guild members to help them out.(regardless of instance really) Also guild races and bounties dont have a limitation of not being in instances, is pretty much a intended feature. It is so that players help eachother out.

The problem there lies in: You cant invite people to your party in WvW (or PvP) the same even though the activity itself is equally teambased.

And why can't you invite people to your party in wvw? this makes no sense. For the 3 man requirement I've invited tons of randos to my party.

As a way to meet the guild mission requirements? That works? If so, then I wasnt aware.

No I had to invite them into the guild as well or is that what you meant it was blocked by being in the guild? I paid them for their help and they left right after.

Anet decided that 3 person is the minimum to be called a guild, so that how it is. But yes, it still doesn't align with other missions. However, I also believe this is to avoid easy missions by riding along with the zerg, specifically for towers and keeps. Afterall, you can't complete guild puzzle alone or can you finish guild challenge alone. Likewise, you can't solo guild bounty 3 or 5. Though completing sentries and yak mission would become tricky. Ermm...

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Anet decided that 3 person is the minimum to be called a guild, so that how it is. But yes, it still doesn't align with other missions. However, I also believe this is to avoid easy missions by riding along with the zerg, specifically for towers and keeps. Afterall, you can't complete guild puzzle alone or can you finish guild challenge alone. Likewise, you can't solo guild bounty 3 or 5. Though completing sentries and yak mission would become tricky. Ermm...

But you can be the only one repping your guild in the guild puzzle 'riding the zerg of a whole different guild' and still get favor. So why would it be different for reducing the minimum for wvw missions?

@Fremtid.3528 said:

No I had to invite them into the guild as well or is that what you meant it was blocked by being in the guild? I paid them for their help and they left right after.

Yeah. I meant without being invited to the guild. Ofcourse you can always temporarily let people join your guild. The way PvE guild missions work is that people outside of your guild can join too. Whether that is by joining the party and then the instance through the dropdown menu or because its in the open world.

@Fremtid.3528 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Anet decided that 3 person is the minimum to be called a guild, so that how it is. But yes, it still doesn't align with other missions. However, I also believe this is to avoid easy missions by riding along with the zerg, specifically for towers and keeps. Afterall, you can't complete guild puzzle alone or can you finish guild challenge alone. Likewise, you can't solo guild bounty 3 or 5. Though completing sentries and yak mission would become tricky. Ermm...

But you can be the only one repping your guild in the guild puzzle 'riding the zerg of a whole different guild' and still get favor. So why would it be different for reducing the minimum for wvw missions?

You have to explicitly ride into their instance though, that is not so for wvw, you can just ride with any randoms.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

You have to explicitly ride into their instance though, that is not so for wvw, you can just ride with any randoms.So, exactly like bounties and races? Except for the bounties and races having no minimum guild group participation requirements, of course?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

You have to explicitly ride into their instance though, that is not so for wvw, you can just ride with any randoms.So, exactly like bounties and races? Except for the bounties and races having no minimum guild group participation requirements, of course?

Yes, it isn't standardize throughout but one can indeed kill a single bounty and complete rush alone, however, he won't be able to do 3 bounty alone. I do agree some wvw missions can be adjusted but not for all the missions.

Archived