Suggestion for New WvW Ability (Allowing Characters/Class Changing without re-Qing)

Nikon.3921

So obviously once you reached the Max needed WvW Ability Points to unlock all the Abilities, you are just gaining useless Points from that point on. I have a suggestion for a new Ability track that would unlock a vendor that would either be free, or cost some sort of Currency that would allow you to change to one of your other Character/Classes without having to leave the WvW map and re-queue if it's during peak hours/reset. Also I think to combat abuse of this, players can only change once per X amount of time. So maybe once every hour or two or day, whatever would feel balanced and fair for others waiting in the Queues.

I have serious doubts, that this is technically possible.

For ability points, I think there would be lots of new ideas out there on the forum already, should Anet put some Dev hours in:

• War Crafter - unlocks the old crafting stations again
  • Sapper Mastery - deals with more Trap types and Trap efficiency
  • Operations Master - Adds a special action key with a QoL ability you can change at a NPC (like the ability to mark people on the map for scouting; resetting the siege timer as an area effect; depositing you carried supply at a structure depot etc.)

Character changing while in queue should be a part of wvw anyways. But before that they should probably fix resetting queue while you're in loading screen or porting back to main WP when keep wp gets contested 2 seconds before you load there.

It would also be nice to be able to change where you want to port while in queue for certain map. For example, if you queued for alpine border on Citadel wp, but you have 2 keep waypoints already, you shouldnt get thrown back at the end of queue when you try to port to those waypoints.

To the OP how would this system be abused if you swapped professions while already in a map?

I'd be happy if you could switch to a different profession while already in the queue. So I could craft or farm on one character while waiting then swap to my wvw character when the queue drops down closer to map entry. As it is now boosters get wasted while you are stuck in what could be an hour or more queue.

@"Vash.2386" said:To the OP how would this system be abused if you swapped professions while already in a map?

I'd be happy if you could switch to a different profession while already in the queue. So I could craft or farm on one character while waiting then swap to my wvw character when the queue drops down closer to map entry. As it is now boosters get wasted while you are stuck in what could be an hour or more queue.

Because people having to leave the map to change classes plays a part in freeing up the Q. So think reset night. For the most part groups are gonna stay on one Map for the opening fights until peak is over. So if they did implement something like this, people would stay on a Map without having to ever leave if they decide to change their class. I was just trying to play "Devil Advocate" because I figured someone would use that as an argument. That's all.

@Gorani.7205 said:I have serious doubts, that this is technically possible.

Its as technically possible as you clicking garrison waypoint and return to spawn, I'm sure.

We dont need costs, mastery or crap like that.

Just an NPC we can talk to, he lists the characters you got, you click one and then you see the loading screen while the game flips characters and dumps you at spawn like normal. 30m cooldown on talking to the NPC again or something.

But unfortunely as above said, there are drawbacks with this. The queing system keep things going. It works as long as there is short queues, but granted when there is 120 man queue to EB those 50 rangers that wanted to roam and thought they would be the only one are fucked.

Archived