[WvW] Will the last tempest/core Ele plz turn out the light?

TheQuickFox.3826

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"Dami.5046" said:These sort of posts make me want to play non meta more and more, In fact I recently changed my ele from backline staff to tempest D/D and my SB has gone into hiding in favour of my holo.If i'm in a pre made group with expected stats fine, but other than that I play what I want.

These sort of posts just make me promote toxicity more and more. In fact on EU we see more and more servers ask for less special snowflakes and more players willing to run something decent. Occasionally players try to make "friendly" strong servers and they fail miserably every time; because nobody listens if you ask them nicely.

If you join a group, someone is leading that group. It might not be "your" premade group, but if that means you don't care then why would they care about you? After all; you have no interest in the group and simply join them while still doing whatever you want. If your group wants anything else that's their problem. You're toxic to them; yet expect them to be kind, considerate, nice and inviting.

You can be a special snowflake when you play with a premade group that doesn't care or you play solo. When you join a group, even if you didn't join it "preformed", you play as the group desires or you do something else. You don't stalk players because you're entitled to follow any group any way you like. If you don't respect their wishes, you are the one being inconsiderate. If toxicity is required to make you realise that, then I gladly promote that toxicity :trollface:.

We'll continue to split up special snowflakes and players willing to play meta into two nice alienated groups and ensure toxicity thrives in all instance-based and group-based gamemodes. Leave the special snowflake stuff in openworld PvE.

You can disagree and play your D/D tempest and holo all you like; it won't change these trends.

Most players would rather not be toxic. But it appears it's a requirement to have players like you play appropriately or leave, so you kind of force our hand.

I shall play what I want and thank you.

But since I prefer to roam most meta's meant for groups are useless for me, anyway.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dami.5046 said:

@Dami.5046 said:These sort of posts make me want to play non meta more and more, In fact I recently changed my ele from backline staff to tempest D/D and my SB has gone into hiding in favour of my holo.If i'm in a pre made group with expected stats fine, but other than that I play what I want.

These sort of posts just make me promote toxicity more and more. In fact on EU we see more and more servers ask for less special snowflakes and more players willing to run something decent. Occasionally players try to make "friendly" strong servers and they fail miserably every time; because nobody listens if you ask them nicely.

If you join a group, someone is leading that group. It might not be "your" premade group, but if that means you don't care then why would they care about you? After all; you have no interest in the group and simply join them while still doing whatever you want. If your group wants anything else that's their problem. You're toxic to them; yet expect them to be kind, considerate, nice and inviting.

You can be a special snowflake when you play with a premade group that doesn't care or you play solo. When you join a group, even if you didn't join it "preformed", you play as the group desires or you do something else. You don't stalk players because you're entitled to follow any group any way you like. If you don't respect their wishes, you are the one being inconsiderate. If toxicity is required to make you realise that, then I gladly promote that toxicity :trollface:.

We'll continue to split up special snowflakes and players willing to play meta into two nice alienated groups and ensure toxicity thrives in all instance-based and group-based gamemodes. Leave the special snowflake stuff in openworld PvE.

You can disagree and play your D/D tempest and holo all you like; it won't change these trends.

Most players would rather not be toxic. But it appears it's a requirement to have players like you play appropriately or leave, so you kind of force our hand.

But since I prefer to roam most meta's meant for groups are useless for me, anyway.

You can do whatever you want roaming.

I can do whatever I want leading my groups; and that includes kicking every special snowflake pug on sight (which results in these threads) and if needed making sure they rally repeatedly early on in the fight.

Promoting players grief the groups they join won't make things better. There's a reason every EU raid group asks for li and half decent classes; fractal groups are starting to do the same and WvW groups are starting to do it too. It's a healthy counterreaction to "I can do whatever I want whenever I want". Sure you can; if you can find a group willing to accept you. If not then you playing what you want prevents others from playing how they want; and if that makes them upset or toxic then that's entirely understandable.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Dami.5046 said:These sort of posts make me want to play non meta more and more, In fact I recently changed my ele from backline staff to tempest D/D and my SB has gone into hiding in favour of my holo.If i'm in a pre made group with expected stats fine, but other than that I play what I want.

You can do whatever you want roaming.

I can do whatever I want leading my groups; and that includes kicking every special snowflake pug on sight (which results in these threads) and if needed making sure they rally repeatedly early on in the fight.

Promoting players grief the groups they join won't make things better. There's a reason every EU raid group asks for li and half decent classes; fractal groups are starting to do the same and WvW groups are starting to do it too. It's a healthy counterreaction to "I can do whatever I want whenever I want". Sure you can; if you can find a group willing to accept you. If not then you playing what you want prevents others from playing how they want; and if that makes them upset or toxic then that's entirely understandable.

Well I have never seen a comm ask for builds, just insult people who roam.

good for you,enjoy.

In North America I am a casual only do dailies I have around 9946 hours over 2148 days wvw rank only 2834 since you don't get too much stuff roaming. I used to pvp during the great d/d fire ele days of 2014 to 2015. 2013 was soso /dd earth ele days ewww. And before that it was just silly dumb builds. Got Legendary wings finished in Season 2 and quit since they gutted celestial. And before all the ele nerfs in hot and core was rolled out. I enjoy playing ele but it's nothing compared to before sicne they gutted arcane fury trait. Being reliant on packet damage and self sustain is getting old. Sword is slow it's terribad. A core d/d ele can out sustain and fight a weaver. Howerver core ele is trash vs anyone with multple cc and condis now. So I can't play core in spvp or wvw even if I want to unlike those lucky warriors.

Tempest is semi viable 1v1 and if you don't have to fight to many condis with boon corruption or too much heavy cc. Your damage is minimal and you must rely on a slow painful attrition warfare. If you play with friends .. they carry you, while you just fumble around tagging things and spamming short mediocre boons to them. This result of poor low level boon spamming can also kill them.

• 3 weeks later...

Water/Arcane Tempest staff healer is still a thing as THE BEST sustained healer with 800+ heals per second just from Soothing Mist alone that can apply to more than 5 people. Then there is 1200+ heal per second from staff auto attacks (aim at the ground and not at enemies when required for best effect), tons of heals from water overload and burst healing from traited auras from shouts, water field blasting and then there's Rebound and Geyser revives. Of course, not as great to spam as Firebrand since Soothing Mist doesn't stack with other eles but having 1 in every 10 is still great for keeping people alive.

Archived