Returning player!

I used to be into guild war 2 alot around the time when the fractal dungeons were out(which i loved doing) and around the time of when queensdale or some huge city got destroyed. I put hundreds of hours into the game but due to new games coming out , i left and never returned until now. However with the release of these two new expansions , i dont have the slightest clue of whats going on and if i was to buy both expansions what the hell would i start and do?

@"yoni.7015" said:There are so many other threads about returning or new players, why open a new one every time? If you want information about the game check the wiki.

Lol... yoni... We want to encourage players, regardless of how they choose to ask for help. Not put them down and turn them away. Asura are also not ugly, but that is highly subjective :p

OP, if you've already done the core story and LW 1, I suggest continuing with your character by following your "Story" tab in the Hero menu. Play Heart of Thorns. Complete that and then get into Path of Fire. Do all Living World episodes in between and after each campaign. Then you will be up to speed on the story, the evolution of the world and characters, and the new mechanics and additions to the game such as gliding and mounts.

Join a guild to help you out along the way, or if you are a solo player, just ask lots of questions in map chat. There are many bored vets just sitting around available to help anyone with a question or need.

Stick to what motivates you and keeps you interested. Welcome back.

@yoni.7015 said:I’m not always negative but I think it’s sad that the forum is flooded with new/returning player threads, it makes it confusing. Would be better to have them collected in one.

Would be more efficient sure, but it's certainly not sad that new and returning players are flooding in. The excess of posts shows and proves the influx as well as increases the activity on the forum that has been pretty stale for the last few weeks. Lets welcome them in and let Gaile and her team worry about the organization of threads and posts.

@yoni.7015 said:I’m not always negative but I think it’s sad that the forum is flooded with new/returning player threads, it makes it confusing. Would be better to have them collected in one.

That seems like the opposite of how one should react to new/returning players. Also, since everyone is unique and has different interests, it may not be worthwhile to try jumping into a thread that already exists. They are looking for a customized response to their specific interests and experience.

@"Cyrin.1035" said:OP, if you've already done the core story and LW 1, I suggest continuing with your character by following your "Story" tab in the Hero menu. Play Heart of Thorns. Complete that and then get into Path of Fire. Do all Living World episodes in between and after each campaign. Then you will be up to speed on the story, the evolution of the world and characters, and the new mechanics and additions to the game such as gliding and mounts.

Join a guild to help you out along the way, or if you are a solo player, just ask lots of questions in map chat. There are many bored vets just sitting around available to help anyone with a question or need.

Stick to what motivates you and keeps you interested. Welcome back.Anyway, I agree with Cyrin. As long as PvE is your thing, follow the story. You should probably also purchase the Living World Season 2 and 3 episodes so that you can continue the story from where you are into Heart of Thorns and then from Heart of Thorns into Path of Fire. Otherwise you're likely to get very lost.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

That seems like the opposite of how one should react to new/returning players. Also, since everyone is unique and has different interests, it may not be worthwhile to try jumping into a thread that already exists. They are looking for a customized response to their specific interests and experience.

Not really, the questions asked above have been asked in several threads before.I don’t mean to be rude, I would just wish people would spend some time researching the forums before they open a new thread.

@yoni.7015 said:

Not really, the questions asked above have been asked in several threads before.I don’t mean to be rude, I would just wish people would spend some time researching the forums before they open a new thread.

Yeah, unfortunately, intention -- unlike friendship -- is not magic. You may not "mean to be rude", but that is definitely the effect this sort of response has.

We understand it is frustrating, and TBH, I kinda agree with you, but I'm trying hard to keep that in check and be helpful to people because ... that is the best thing to do. (At the very least, I try to link them to the previous discussion, which is an unsubtle hint about what they should have done, but also gives them the answer.)

Archived