Either I'm doing something wrong, or need to get good.

Zexanima.7851

@Zexanima.7851 said:Thanks for all the info! I think I'll try to get use to playing as glassy as possible seeing that seems to be the way of things. While I like the idea of having more survivability, after reading around it appears that it IS possible to survive pretty much everything with little to no defense as long as you can utilize your dodges right and read your opponent. Think I just need to work on getting good.You don't have to force yourself to go FULL MANLY at once though, you'll be having to track too many things. Gear full Zerker if you want to, but keep some CDs and defensive traits if you don't want to spawn-walk too much. I think always of Warrior as a bruiser, because they can be played and built resilient even with aggressive gearing. Plus, Power Warrior damage has never been that high in PvE, and it's always been about consistent little bursts in PvP.

Focus on landing your F1 and F2s (over everything else, because too many traits are tied to them), get a feel for your Healing Signet + Adrenal Health regen speed, and what are your defense skills on each weapon. Most Warrior weapons have use and it's fun to switch it up.

Using Whirlwind on GS to position yourself is just the start. Turn off sticky targetting and auto targetting, so you can de-target into an aimed Rush, Savage Leap, or even the Dash and Seismic Leap in Rampage which if you use to move out of AoEs or charge skills, is much cooler than just using an evade skill (and more efficient).

Edit: my sister lol'd at my new Charr Warrior and told me I'm boring. :'(Surely I can't go back to the Human Female Meta

Very interesting thread. I was also having troubles staying alive in full zerk. So I tried full knight with toughness trinkets.It was an amazing change for me. Toughness along with regen from healing signet and adren health is very efficient. I don't need stances with this setup and I use power attack.

I can now kill more champions and I feel more warrior, beeing able to withdraw damage without dying so fast.

As for damage, it is still good for me, maybe because I use both offensive signets and zerker weapons.

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:U dont need strength traits if u dont use greatsword. I suggest u to use tactic traits and use shout heal

nah dude, if you dont use gs you probably use 2 onehanded weapons, better go arms if you dont go strength for faster attacking, dualwield, shoutheal is only good for wvw zerging, for soloplay its useless

i play asura in roaming just because its harder to see animations with a smaller model, i have warrior on every race lv 80 and sb and berserker trained, all with the smallest size model, except for my norn with the biggest size, my public zerg brawler, i want them to see me when i push into them to wreck havoc :^)

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Ralkuth.1456 said:Edit: my sister lol'd at my new Charr Warrior and told me I'm boring. :'(

Tell her she's boring. I'm just glad when someone doesn't want to be an Asura. :smile:

Why would someone want to be an Asura? I just assumed all asura's clicked through character creation as fast as they could and didn't know what they picked.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Ralkuth.1456 said:Edit: my sister lol'd at my new Charr Warrior and told me I'm boring. :'(

Tell her she's boring. I'm just glad when someone doesn't want to be an Asura. :smile:

Why would someone want to be an Asura? I just assumed all asura's clicked through character creation as fast as they could and didn't know what they picked.

I think it's because all Asura are secretly all Inquest. I have yet to meet an Asuran that isn't inquest. So people choosing them must be inquest.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Ralkuth.1456" said:Edit: my sister lol'd at my new Charr Warrior and told me I'm boring. :'(
Surely I can't go back to the Human Female Meta

Welcome brother, charrs are the best for warriors ! I cant stand female human domination, all dressed like they are going to a wedding.

does she look like shes attending a wedding ?
xvIceyw.jpg

Most of them are :)

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@"Ralkuth.1456" said:Edit: my sister lol'd at my new Charr Warrior and told me I'm boring. :'(
Surely I can't go back to the Human Female Meta

Welcome brother, charrs are the best for warriors ! I cant stand female human domination, all dressed like they are going to a wedding.

does she look like shes attending a wedding ?
xvIceyw.jpg

Most of them are :)

Such a fancy wedding.

Archived