Coming back to the game deciding on a class!

Hey, guys, I decided before I get stuck into the game and start from scratch and relearn it I was looking to get some help on deciding a class to play. Previously I have levelled a thief. I want to try something new other than that. I'm a variety player mixing between PvE & PvP a lot of the time and have always been played the DPS role I am not a big fan of playing support & tanking roles so could you guys recommend some classes that fill the DPS role and is good for PvE/PvP? I will be looking to do end game content with this character so any help is appreciated :)

@Stubbsie.3968 said:Hey, guys, I decided before I get stuck into the game and start from scratch and relearn it I was looking to get some help on deciding a class to play. Previously I have levelled a thief. I want to try something new other than that. I'm a variety player mixing between PvE & PvP a lot of the time and have always been played the DPS role I am not a big fan of playing support & tanking roles so could you guys recommend some classes that fill the DPS role and is good for PvE/PvP? I will be looking to do end game content with this character so any help is appreciated :)

You can play either warrior, ranger or necromancer. Not only are these professions beginner friendly, but they are also good in both PvE and PvP. Since you mention that you prefer the DPS role rather than support or tank role, with warrior you can play either core or Spellbreaker, with ranger play either core or Soulbeast and with necromancer play Reaper or Scourge.

Everything except ranger! Ranger is a noob class, very bad and will most likely get you kicked from every group! Always stick with the meta unless you're a noob and don't care for hardcore elite content. Well, if you want to use ranger at least please use the heal druid with proper stats or you'll be left out.

Personally, I would go with warrior for a first character as they are easy to play, easy to gear (power spec), and are meta in literally everything depending on the build. Axe/Axe or Mace/Axe + Greatsword is what I would suggest as a weapon set. Mace/Shield makes a good defense combo if you find yourself dying.

Archived