New Mount Bug or something else?

Hi,I made the collections and did get the new mount.After making the mastery (all 3 ending with Big Air),

1. i get only 1 skill Roll out, where is the second?
  2. I still can NOT go throu the barriers with the painting of the new mount.
  3. where are the so called volatile crystals that i can smash, did not saw any on the new map?

Is this normal?

@"Kreony.6240" said:

1. i get only 1 skill Roll out, where is the second?

It’s a keybind, not a toolbar skill, check your keybinds (Mount Ability 1 and 2)

1. I still can NOT go throu the barriers with the painting of the new mount.

Use the Mount Ability 1 (super speed) NOT the toolbar skill 1.

1. where are the so called volatile crystals that i can smash, did not saw any on the new map?

They look like greyish white crystals scattered around.

Is this normal?

Yes, you are just unaware of key binding the abilities.

ArenaNet: Please program the mount skills to replace the weapon skills when mounted. There is no need for extra keybinds when they could just take up the weapons slots. It's not like the weapon slots are used when mounted anyway. The way it is now just causes confusion for people new to using mounts.

@"Kreony.6240" said:

1. I still can NOT go throu the barriers with the painting of the new mount.

You need to hop off higher ground. A small cliff/hill will do. Then you need to immediately speed up using the Space key.

1. where are the so called volatile crystals that i can smash, did not saw any on the new map?

They carry no name tags and cannot be targeted. They are silver crystals with a green (and other nuances) shimer. You can't miss them.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:ArenaNet: Please program the mount skills to replace the weapon skills when mounted. There is no need for extra keybinds when they could just take up the weapons slots. It's not like the weapon slots are used when mounted anyway. The way it is now just causes confusion for people new to using mounts.

Yes please. I have keybound weapon skill 1 to the same skill as mount skill 1, and it works for the griffin but it does NOT seem to work for the roller beetle. There's no logical reason why those 2 should not overlap since you cannot use them at the same time.

Edit: Also, where is the in-game instruction on how to use the roller-beetle skills? I seem to recall that there was zero information given for the griffin, and I had to get the information from other players, who had gotten their information from yet other players. Why is there no in-game tutorial for using mounts?

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

Yes please. I have keybound weapon skill 1 to the same skill as mount skill 1, and it works for the griffin but it does NOT seem to work for the roller beetle. There's no logical reason why those 2 should not overlap since you cannot use them at the same time.

Edit: Also, where is the in-game instruction on how to use the roller-beetle skills? I seem to recall that there was zero information given for the griffin, and I had to get the information from other players, who had gotten their information from yet other players. Why is there no in-game tutorial for using mounts?

Mine works ok with the way I have them configured. I'm using a Nostromo N52 in single key mode. I have mount skill 1 set to the same as weapon skill 1, the same with 2. My problem is I keep hitting 1 expecting to boost and get kicked off. I'm going to have to put something on one key so I can feel the difference without thinking about it. I have cheap plastic gems on some of the keys to help me identify them by touch.

Archived