Missed opportunity to fix Merciless Hammer.

Oglaf.1074

When I read that they at least did something to Backbreaker, I had hoped changes to this trait was going to follow suit - but alas.

It is still a terrible Grandmaster.

1) Confusion on a Power weapon.

2) The conditional extra damage is kinda moot when you can get a much better/easier universal damage buff through Berserker's Power.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

When I read that they at least did something to Backbreaker, I had hoped changes to this trait was going to follow suit - but alas.

2) The conditional extra damage is kinda moot when you can get a much better/easier universal damage buff through Berserker's Power.

agreed, the only good thing is cd reduction, but thats not worth a grandmaster

@RedShark.9548 said:

agreed, the only good thing is cd reduction, but thats not worth a grandmaster

Especially when both Might Makes Right and Berserker’s Power exists alongside M.Hammer.

I agree, even if you love hammer, it is hard to pick that trait, because it will be only for cd reduction.Now, there are many traits that should be changed. It would take years or decades to have a complete balance. And by that time, many changes would already be outdated.

TLDR: game can't be balance with current schedule. Unless they switch to monthly patchs at least. Along with test servers and no secret for upcoming changes...

... It should probably deal more stacks of confusion to compensate for the stat conflict, since this game really doesn't handle Hybrid damage sources as well as it should. I can see what the idea for the trait is - Use it with Body Blow and Peak Performance (Which, IMO, should also increase condition damage in addition to Power damage, if it doesn't already) for a build that brutalizes enemies through punishing CC and debilitating conditions. Distracting Strikes was merged with Merciless Hammer about a year ago.

@"Sartharina.3542" said:... It should probably deal more stacks of confusion to compensate for the stat conflict, since this game really doesn't handle Hybrid damage sources as well as it should. I can see what the idea for the trait is - Use it with Body Blow and Peak Performance (Which, IMO, should also increase condition damage in addition to Power damage, if it doesn't already) for a build that brutalizes enemies through punishing CC and debilitating conditions. Distracting Strikes was merged with Merciless Hammer about a year ago.

I don't think it should deal Confusion at all. As you say, hybrid rarely works and the Hammer is a Power/CC weapon.

I also agree that I too get the "theme" of the trait: you knock someone about the head with a giant hammer, they get lil' cartoony birds circling their head and whatnot.

It just isn't practical nor effective in actual gameplay.

What if they instead made it so that all CC effects are X% stronger (i.e longer lasting) when wielding a Hammer instead of the Confusion? Then it it also synchs better with the secondary effect (more damage to CC'd targets).

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:They can consider stunbreak, but might not worth it for short cc. Now with longer cc, we would add more stress to opponents because any cc would last at least 2s, and also more breakbar damage.As for stab rip, it's spellbreaker's job.

...there are so many stunbreaks that it doesnt matter how long you stun, would apply more pressure if you could cc more often so that they dont have a stunbreak to get out of that 3sec backbreaker...yea, because only sb is allowed to rip something now...you know that rev has a trait that doubles the stab thats ripped by cc aswell? hes not even warrior how dare he to rip some stab

and it only rips stab, not all boons, would just improve hammer from 1 stack taken to 2 ...not that much of a gamechanger, but an improvement

Archived