What is the Deadeye WvW sniper build?

Anput.4620

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:No one knows, we have asked clarification while tagging the relevant Devs on the subject and they avoid it like the plague, when they can just give a simple answer, but alas dead silence over multiple months.

It depends if it's something that's easy to fix. If it's something that would require ranger longbow (and presumably any other longbow skill that functions the same) to be redesigned from the ground up, I can see why they'd ignore it since it's working for the most part. It's more likely that they either don't know how to fix it without breaking the feel of longbow ranger or it's not a priority at the moment, given it's pretty easy to come out and say that the amount of work needed would be prohibitive and so far they've not said that.

A lot of people aren’t even looking for a fix, just an explanation, on if it’s working as intended or if it isn’t and further on if it is working as intended why the ranges don’t accurately reflect the real range on tool tips.

The disparity is usually a side effect of the how its measured. GW1 had similar thing with the various bow types, as each were projectiles with different flight characteristics. The Distance in the tool tips is intended or "target" range on a flat plane. Projectiles have a Velocity, an arc, a TTL (Time to Live), a TTI (Time to impact), Max Distance and a traversal rule. Some of these values are derivative, so changing the characteristics of one can change the values to others; and in many cases to calibrate a projectiles range, you're changing multiple values that aren't the "Distance max" directly. All projectiles have a TTL to avoid infinite travel, but its not always used to define Max distance.

Generally when the TTL and TTI have different values, you end up with over reach or under reach of its intended distance. When perfectly aligned, the projectile expires within 1 update tick of reaching its intended distance. You can also set expiration based on distance traveled, but it creates problems when the projectile path is not a straight line between 2 points, requires lead calculations, or travels at a high enough velocity that the delta causes it to skip over its target between ticks. Another issue is projectiles that use Terrain pathing, which can eat into its range (only a hand full of skills use this, and they've consistently have had problem).

The mechanics may vary heavily, but the "why" of tool tips is very easy to understand.... distance is a derivative value under ideal conditions. Which makes the Ranger LB projectiles Neo "the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix".

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:No one knows, we have asked clarification while tagging the relevant Devs on the subject and they avoid it like the plague, when they can just give a simple answer, but alas dead silence over multiple months.

It depends if it's something that's easy to fix. If it's something that would require ranger longbow (and presumably any other longbow skill that functions the same) to be redesigned from the ground up, I can see why they'd ignore it since it's working for the most part. It's more likely that they either don't know how to fix it without breaking the feel of longbow ranger or it's not a priority at the moment, given it's pretty easy to come out and say that the amount of work needed would be prohibitive and so far they've not said that.

A lot of people aren’t even looking for a fix, just an explanation, on if it’s working as intended or if it isn’t and further on if it is working as intended why the ranges don’t accurately reflect the real range on tool tips.

The disparity is usually a side effect of the how its measured. GW1 had similar thing with the various bow types, as each were projectiles with different flight characteristics. The Distance in the tool tips is intended or "target" range on a flat plane. Projectiles have a Velocity, an arc, a TTL (Time to Live), a TTI (Time to impact), Max Distance and a traversal rule. Some of these values are derivative, so changing the characteristics of one can change the values to others; and in many cases to calibrate a projectiles range, you're changing multiple values that aren't the "Distance max" directly. All projectiles have a TTL to avoid infinite travel, but its not always used to define Max distance.

Generally when the TTL and TTI have different values, you end up with over reach or under reach of its intended distance. When perfectly aligned, the projectile expires within 1 update tick of reaching its intended distance. You can also set expiration based on distance traveled, but it creates problems when the projectile path is not a straight line between 2 points, requires lead calculations, or travels at a high enough velocity that the delta causes it to skip over its target between ticks. Another issue is projectiles that use Terrain pathing, which can eat into its range (only a hand full of skills use this, and they've consistently have had problem).

The mechanics may vary heavily, but the "why" of tool tips is very easy to understand.... distance is a derivative value under ideal conditions. Which makes the Ranger LB projectiles Neo "the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix".

Again the Ranger LB on completely Flat ground with zero elevation difference, with the Ranger at Higher Elevation and Lower Elevation from Deadeye will always shoot the same distance that is much further than its “1500” max distance, please refer to the video in the link I provided a few comments up, it showcases all of this, Now all I’m looking for is an actual Dev statement on this since it shouldn’t be too hard for a simple reply on this issue, I’m not even asking for a fix.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Again the Ranger LB on completely Flat ground with zero elevation difference, with the Ranger at Higher Elevation and Lower Elevation from Deadeye will always shoot the same distance that is much further than its “1500” max distance, please refer to the video in the link I provided a few comments up, it showcases all of this, Now all I’m looking for is an actual Dev statement on this since it shouldn’t be too hard for a simple reply on this issue, I’m not even asking for a fix.

I don't get how you missed the point of this..... I'm not denying it exists, I'm explaining how it can exist.

Its also bad form to demand an exclusively authoritative answer in a public forum where people have the ability to, and probably will comment when well over half the statements/questions already have an answer, or precedence of non-answer, in previous posts, tweets, AMAs, or any number of other documented responses/commentary that will be pointed out if it exists. If you're gonna misuse an open letter format, don't get upset when other people get involved.

I doubt I have to delve into the etiquette problems surrounding this, considering its been in the spotlight the last couple of weeks.... but if you want a personalized answer for this kind of thing, give it targetted relevance such as an AMA (or requesting an AMA organized on the topic), Ask a Dev threads, or even a support ticket. And given the 5th degree that happens whenever a player is upset about something, and wants the devs to respond for the sake of validation and/or future ammunition; a "quick response" is neither easy nor safe..... the community/public love of lynch mobs pretty much ensures that risk.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

I don't get how you missed the point of this..... I'm not denying it exists, I'm explaining how it can exist.

Its also bad form to demand an exclusively authoritative answer in a public forum where people have the ability to, and probably will comment when well over half the statements/questions already have an answer, or precedence of non-answer, in previous posts, tweets, AMAs, or any number of other documented responses/commentary that will be pointed out if it exists. If you're gonna misuse an open letter format, don't get upset when other people get involved.

I doubt I have to delve into the etiquette problems surrounding this, considering its been in the spotlight the last couple of weeks.... but if you want a personalized answer for this kind of thing, give it targetted relevance such as an AMA (or requesting an AMA organized on the topic), Ask a Dev threads, or even a support ticket. And given the 5th degree that happens whenever a player is upset about something, and wants the devs to respond for the sake of validation and/or future ammunition; a "quick response" is neither easy nor safe..... the community/public love of lynch mobs pretty much ensures that risk.

Quick response..... yeah this has been a topic for multiple months from different posters across multiple sub forums to include in the Bug Subforum etc. nothing quick about any responses going on.

Again you say there is variance when there has been ample testing showing no variance at all which is easy to see using the Deadeye Range indicator as well as the TACO range indicator overlays, elevation doesn’t cause a variance in the distance at all it is the same no matter what, so your “explanation” doesn’t really work, it would be best to have an answer from the people with the answer aka the Devs.

Archived