Pls stop with hammer guard..it's useless AF

Arheundel.6451

@Best.3479 said:LMAO hammer guard high skill nice joke

It's a build that requires awareness..but 99% of those using it..believe to be war demolisher and can tank the world, enough to say that they all camp respawn because the build is not meant to tank..at most 1v1, I keep getting these hammer memes...and they all camp respawn because they're awful players to start with

@"Arcaedus.7290" said:Harrier FB can only ever force people off a point in a 1v1 at best. It's not really capable of pursuing or getting kills against a competent opponent.

If they underestimate / don't expect the harrier damage then you can spike for suprising amounts of damage. Depending on the class and how pressured they are, you can pursue for kills too. It's just very rarely the correct play.

I'm not going to chase a mirage, holosmith or warrior. Obviously not going to happen. But a scourge or perhaps even medi / hammer guard that used RF? Doable.

An even fight off-node is obviously never in your advantage; you're not a duellist, roamer or gank class. You're still a teamfight oriented support; only one with better 1v1 capabilities and DPS and less support / healing. That's your job, I agree you shouldn't be chasing kills (too) much.

But you can do a whole lot more than "forcing players off node" in terms of damage. I'd say the build is very capable of killing hammer / mediguard. You can outpressure them due to their lack of sustain as long as you don't get spiked; and you have the tools required to avoid the spikes if you use them appropriately. And truthfully, it takes a LONG time to kill a player but a core guard doesn't have a lot of options to get away from you. At best they port to an ally. That is, if you play the sword variant.

Imo the axe variant has more node pressure, but no kill pressure.

@"otto.5684" said:I am not sure how core guardian will be a free kill for FB. FB damage is close to non-existent in most builds. You sure can sit there on the point for a while, but dealing enough damage to push through core guardian sustainability is far stretched.

Again, I do not think core guardian is solid build. But it does deal much damage, especially against opponents that cannot easily evade.

There's nothing funnier than people who believe this. Especially core guards and scourges trying to 1v1 harrier firebrand without even paying attention "because lul fb has no damage without allies" only to get combo'd for 10k+ damage in 1-2 seconds, panic and die.

You heavily underestimate FB damage when not playing menders. I get 3-3.6k autos in F1 tome on hammer guards; which is more than enough to (slowly) force their cooldowns. Obviously your symbols do less damage than theirs; but you can also trivially outheal anything that doesn't spike you. They cannot.

@"Derm.4932" said:One dimensional gimmick builds should have no place in this game. Its not fun for the noobs who get one shot and its not fun for the hammer guards who play against competent opponents. This build literally exists just to wreck unattentive people in ranked. Give us back DH already

DH was for the majority of the playerbase a one dimensional gimmick build too. Camp on traps. Drop more traps. Camp on more traps. I've seen players walk onto an empty node into 2 full sets of traps only to get one shot. More than once, too.

How dare there be a pvp build that spikes unattentive players in ranked. Terrible design! If you nerf this, we'll just have thief, mirage or rev doing a very similar role. Frankly; I think rev is the more "meta" version of hammer DH already.

I don't think hammer guard is bad. It's a very readable build with clear animations. Yes it punishes players who screw up dodges / don't see them coming / ... hard but it has clear downsides and clear tells. Anyone interested in improving can learn to deal with them.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"Derm.4932" said:One dimensional gimmick builds should have no place in this game. Its not fun for the noobs who get one shot and its not fun for the hammer guards who play against competent opponents. This build literally exists just to wreck unattentive people in ranked. Give us back DH already

DH was for the majority of the playerbase a one dimensional gimmick build too. Camp on traps. Drop more traps. Camp on more traps. I've seen players walk onto an empty node into 2 full sets of traps only to get one shot. More than once, too.

lol any dh using more than tof & purification are automatically free kills. why would you even mention such a shit build that only terrible players use? staff thief is one dimensional too but no one cares because its useless, just like >2 trap dh

How dare there be a pvp build that spikes unattentive players in ranked. Terrible design! If you nerf this, we'll just have thief, mirage or rev doing a very similar role. Frankly; I think rev is the more "meta" version of hammer DH already.

Nothing wrong with being strong against unattentive players, but when that is what your entire build is based upon then its poor design. Both rev and mirage bring more to the table in addition to their ability to punish unattentive players. They're REAL builds used in actual competitive mAT comps. Core guard is a meme build you use in ranked to farm plebs. Deadeye follows the same principle

I don't think hammer guard is bad. It's a very readable build with clear animations. Yes it punishes players who screw up dodges / don't see them coming / ... hard but it has clear downsides and clear tells. Anyone interested in improving can learn to deal with them.

Which is exactly why its one dimensional. It succeeds or fails depending on whether or not you land easily telegraphed skills. Making it less one dimensional =/= nerf and if done right will be a buff for good players.

Archived