Not even NPCs wants to be Necromancer as profession.

eldain stenlund.4306

It is true.I did a quick check on GW2, and hardly found any Necromancer NPCs at all in the entire WORLD!!!.(only found a handful, besides the so called "class trainers").

There are how ever: Warriors, Guardians, Mesmers... .... and every other profession everywhere in the world and in the stories.You can not walk, without stepping on some other professions feet....And if you happen to step on a necromancers feet, you should get an achievement.

Sure, Necromancer is usually a very dark path to walk, and does not like the public light too much. (re-animating corpses, souls etc is not very public friendly).But seriously..... Do Arenanet hate necromancer so damn much that even the NPCs does not want to be a necromancer.

I just think it is very sad since the game have a lot of potentials.

And instead of fixing the game, the designers tries to "pay off" the players by releasing new skins, now and then."oh look, they are angry at us, ok throw some new skins at them".It is like having an arm ripped off, bleeding heavily, and all you do is put on a simple Smiley sticky, and hope it will help.."look, now its smiling, everything is ok now".....

5 years. i played in 2012- 2013....The only truly good thing i have seen change... is the mounts addition. WHICH is a good thing!!!.5 years later... i still see the same stupidity in class balance...... warriors / mesmers top, others close to top, necros at far bottom.

I have said it before.All you need to balance a game that has PvP and PvE elements together, just need 2 screens to balance through....(and in WvW you use PvP setting)No one likes to be a fotball player thrown into the arena of full contact hockey players.... sadly that is the stupidity of game balance this game still has, 5 years later.'

Truly Pathetic and incompetent Arenanet.5 years, and it is still the same imbalance....fucking hell you suck at this.

I will let my account die once again after completing the story in heart of thorns and path of fire....have to get something out of this crap.You can do good and interesting stories, weird but interesting graphics... but that is about all you seem able to do.I might check back in 5 years again...(and probably still see the same stupid imbalance, since you seem to never learn).

/Very disappointed player(have every class butt mesmer at lvl 80, i do not like mesmer, and never will).

To be honest, very few NPC have a specified profession. And when they seem to have one, their range of ability are often very different from player's abilities. Now, officially, as necromancers we got:

• Trahern (epic golem army summoner)
  • Marjory Delaqua (love to swing her sister sealed in a katana)

Historic character:

• Oola
  • Palawa Jocko

A few raid boss can probably be seen as necromancers as well. I'm not sure it's proper to say that NPC don't want to be necromancers.

If Arena Net hated Necromancer it simply wouldn't be in the game. However, I suspect that Arena Net loves all the professions it has released for the game. Whenever someone claims that ANet hates Necromancer it always seems to be based on conjecture and not anything rooted in fact.

@Dace.8173 said:If Arena Net hated Necromancer it simply wouldn't be in the game. However, I suspect that Arena Net loves all the professions it has released for the game. Whenever someone claims that ANet hates Necromancer it always seems to be based on conjecture and not anything rooted in fact.

When people say Anet hates necromancer its because people vent and trivialise their frustration at how classes are tiered in this game. When you see patches with Buffs to Warrior and Mesmer and Nerf to Necro and, you cant understand why the universaly agreed best classes in the game need to get stronger and one of the worst get weaker its a rationale to justify said change. Is it true, probably not. They probably think necromancer is just so thematically cool it can be mechanically kitten.

@Barnabus Stinson.1409 said:

@Dace.8173 said:If Arena Net hated Necromancer it simply wouldn't be in the game. However, I suspect that Arena Net loves all the professions it has released for the game. Whene*shver someone claims that ANet hates Necromancer it always seems to be based on conjecture and not anything rooted in fact.

When people say Anet hates necromancer its because people vent and trivialise their frustration at how classes are tiered in this game. When you see patches with Buffs to Warrior and Mesmer and Nerf to Necro and, you cant understand why the universaly agreed best classes in the game need to get stronger and one of the worst get weaker its a rationale to justify said change. Is it true, probably not. They probably think necromancer is just so thematically cool it can be mechanically kitten.

Yeah but they're grasping at straws. The number of in game NPCs that are Necromancer translate to the developers hating the profession? shakes head

@Dace.8173 said:

@Dace.8173 said:If Arena Net hated Necromancer it simply wouldn't be in the game. However, I suspect that Arena Net loves all the professions it has released for the game. Whene*shver someone claims that ANet hates Necromancer it always seems to be based on conjecture and not anything rooted in fact.

Yeah but they're grasping at straws. The number of in game NPCs that are Necromancer translate to the developers hating the profession?
shakes head

I think its more memetic than an actual complaint, of course if people seriously believe it, then they are being a little ridicuous. But if the simply use it to went frustration then its fine in my opinions

@Barnabus Stinson.1409 said:

Yeah but they're grasping at straws. The number of in game NPCs that are Necromancer translate to the developers hating the profession?
shakes head

I think its more memetic than an actual complaint, of course if people seriously believe it, then they are being a little ridicuous. But if the simply use it to went frustration then its fine in my opinions

Considering the number of threads that contend that they are the worst profession in the game (ignoring the fact that they are actually good in other parts of the game), I find it difficult to believe that people don't believe it on some level. I've seen in multiple threads the general theme that the developers must not like necromancer because necromancer isn't wanted in raids.

It's a huge misconception to believe that all should be equal in all things. Many mechanics simply work better when stacked (scourges with permanent barrier and aoe spam only gets better the more you bring) that seem a little underwhelming when it's only one or two of them.

Unless you literally make every class the same but with different flavor this is simply impossible to achieve.

Archived