[Suggestion} Make Anniversary Reward Account Based

The issue I had is " I wanted to have a specific race for my classes. And my opinion changed while i was playing it. I couldn't afford back to that time to pay for another character slot everytime my mind changes itself. Nor enough gold in game to convert"

That's too bad of me I know :D but i think those unique reward being account based instead of needing a character to age the same age than your account makes more sense.

Side note : when you type /age , you can see for how many days you playing so it's basically your account age.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tasida.4085 said:

snip
If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

No, in my opinion (an opinion hopefully shared by others) this would be a terrible misuse of Customer Support's services, at a time when players need help with access issues, crashes, bugs, or even security concerns. Please do not do this.

100% agreed Gaile. And if someone deleted their toon(s) way back when then hopefully it's a lesson learned and just wait it out.

@Tasida.4085 , @Gaile Gray.6029 I was eseentially brand new to the game when I did this, not knowing character-birthdays and it was a hard lesson learned, as was bringing it up. I've requested CD delete said ticket.

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:And I wonder ... if the reward will be (finally) granted in term of account anniversary and not character anniversary. basically these kind of aniniversary gifts are unique but still require a character to be as old as your account creation. PLus ... a second character that has the same age doesn't give that unique reward again.

So why not make those unique rewards account related instead of character related ?

Exchange multiple gifts (one per char, it's 6 in my case now) which are related to my chars and feels like a real birthday gift for that char for only one gift per year which is related to... the day I joined the game... wow. It's not even a birthday, it's "registration day".No thanks.

My oldest character will be 5yr in about 60 days, rip me.

Though theres always the idea of splitting the rewards or just adding in new ones.

For example the titles could be linked to acount age as its an acount based feature on unlock, signifiying that you started or have been around since XX date.

while things like dyes, the birthday gun and some other unlocks could be character based sent out on that characters birthday.

You could as an idea sort it as suck acount unlocks (mail cairiers, finisher, titles etc.) attached to acount age, while things like Dyes, level boosters, gizmos etc. attached to character age.

just a suggestion, dont really mind the current system, its nice to recive a gift once a year on each character. More so since my current main was made essentially on my birthday ;p. tho... curse leap years!

@Karaha.3290 said:

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:And I wonder ... if the reward will be (finally) granted in term of account anniversary and not character anniversary. basically these kind of aniniversary gifts are unique but still require a character to be as old as your account creation. PLus ... a second character that has the same age doesn't give that unique reward again.

So why not make those unique rewards account related instead of character related ?

Exchange multiple gifts (one per char, it's 6 in my case now) which are related to my chars and feels like a real birthday gift for that char for only one gift per year which is related to... the day I joined the game... wow. It's not even a birthday, it's "registration day".No thanks.

You didn't get my point either ... You have two types of rewards :1) The ones you get once a year every year for every character getting its birthday.2) the ones you get only once no matter the number of character you have.

My point was to make the type 2) rewards account based and not character based anymore ... since they aren't really related to all characters but your oldest one ONLY. While type 1) will still be gathered as it is currently.

got it now?

I see no need for a change, but of course am biased because of pre-launch account and 62 characters with birthdays scattered over multiple accounts. I have birthdays on my main account every month but February, and plan to buy a couple more character slots with today's sale to rectify that.

Besides, how would Anet change it, anyway? Retroactively dump awards on any account eligible? Have they ever done something like that?

@DeanBB.4268 said:I see no need for a change, but of course am biased because of pre-launch account and 62 characters with birthdays scattered over multiple accounts. I have birthdays on my main account every month but February, and plan to buy a couple more character slots with today's sale to rectify that.

Besides, how would Anet change it, anyway? Retroactively dump awards on any account eligible? Have they ever done something like that?

It's an automatic system ... they just need to make a check at the system release. Just change the adressing from the character age to the account age ... same system - same mechanics - just different addressing.

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@DeanBB.4268 said:I see no need for a change, but of course am biased because of pre-launch account and 62 characters with birthdays scattered over multiple accounts. I have birthdays on my main account every month but February, and plan to buy a couple more character slots with today's sale to rectify that.

It's an automatic system ... they just need to make a check at the system release. Just change the adressing from the character age to the account age ... same system - same mechanics - just different addressing.

Likely not quite that simple. The account reward doesn't actually look at any age at all. Neither character nor account. It instead triggers on a specific action: opening a X-year birthday gift.

Had the achievement triggered directly off a character age, it would probably habe been relatively simple to instead trigger off account age. As it is, reworking it to look at account age is likely quite complex.

Archived