What is your Weaver build?

Cave Rock.4869

@Bakeneko.5826 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYnMIClNgNOAmOAM5iFBArYT2GSD3v6Y9uOIAEKPAA-jxhAQBQ7EAIV9AwY/BA8AA4q6PmV53aVCGA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4d94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCwPlWA-e

This build, theoretically should have more DPS and be way less glassyWhat is this build for? Its looks like something for Open world maybe, but makes no sense to me from a high end PvE dps perspective. Your taking zero dps traits in place of situational dps traits and claiming the build would have higher theoretical damage?

Increased Health vs increased crit against weakened(that you apply with dual skills)Vigor/Barrier vs increased ferocity and a perma 10% dmg boost so long as you single attune once per 8secs(you will if you rotate correctly)

The only trait change I agree with is the Power overwhelming instead of Pyromancer's training, just because PO is more rounded where Pyro is too focused on fire attunement. I don't see your "dodge for damage" type build being viable, dodge is a straight up dps loss because the animation and recovery time is too long.

I'm all for sword/dagger condi builds, but in a proper PvE setup you don't zero traits giving you barriers/blocks/vitality/vigor etc. If a trait gives even a 1% gain in dps, its better than picking some self sustain you'll never need in an organised group setup.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elemental rage is worst of 3 GM traits on Weaver line. There is very little time you will want to attune to same element without stance skill, since you will be wasting global CD just to get one skill, which is not as good, as mixed dual skills.

Elemental Rage is the only of the 3 GM traits which has even a remote relevance to PvE. Gain vigor and barrier on dodge? Pointless. Lose condis under the effect of SS? Situational at best. ER gives you flat damage boost and even more damage under a specific (and not hard) condition. Easy pick, any time.

@Khrux.4958 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

This build, theoretically should have more DPS and be way less glassyWhat is this build for? Its looks like something for Open world maybe, but makes no sense to me from a high end PvE dps perspective. Your taking zero dps traits in place of situational dps traits and claiming the build would have higher theoretical damage?

Increased Health vs increased crit against weakened(that you apply with dual skills)Vigor/Barrier vs increased ferocity and a perma 10% dmg boost so long as you single attune once per 8secs(you will if you rotate correctly)

The only trait change I agree with is the Power overwhelming instead of Pyromancer's training, just because PO is more rounded where Pyro is too focused on fire attunement. I don't see your "dodge for damage" type build being viable, dodge is a straight up dps loss because the animation and recovery time is too long.

I'm all for sword/dagger condi builds, but in a proper PvE setup you don't zero traits giving you barriers/blocks/vitality/vigor etc. If a trait gives even a 1% gain in dps, its better than picking some self sustain you'll never need in an organised group setup.

I dont think you know difference between optimal and viable is.

Also, in org groups this is not a build to run and i never claimed it was.Dodge to dmg? No. It's as many stuff to burn foes as possible.Without bonus vitality you are glass in front of enemy. While it can work in good raid group, you wont pull it off in pug fractal group, trash mobs 2 shot you, so druid or any support healer will have to baby sit you very closely. And afaik non dead ele does more dmg than dead ele.

And what does high end pve mean? Raids? Fractal cms? If you think they are hard, maybe its time switch off of ele

There is no problem to play the standard full glass ele in pug fractals. It works best if the party comp is the meta one, but even in completely random groups you can perform better than a more defensive build. If you struggle to survive - fine, tweak your build if you want. Though if you want to play high-end PvE at all you'll eventually give up on the defensive tweaks as it will become an inconvenience to switch your build back and forth all the time for progressively smaller benefit. And you'll find out it's not that hard to survive.

This is a cheapo (depending on grieving trinkets cost! ) exotic tier build I'm going to try. Not going to invest in nice gear stats until the community has had a chance to figure weaver out. I intend to use it for WvW roaming

Main source of damage is primordial Stance/Lava Skin combo for big burn dmg burst. This can be set up from Earthquake (earth dagger #4), Updraft (OH dagger air #5 although with a follow up gap closer like ride the lighting), and Gale Strike (air/earth dual strike). Other than that, fire and earth attunement skills will likely fill out the rest of the damage.

For staying alive I took water line, of course. To deal with conditions there is switching to water attunement, and 3 skills from weapon skills. Also Diamond Skin when health is above 75%. There is 20% constant damage reduction as long as you stick to your target, due to earth trait line and food. Twist of fate for 2 stun breaks/evades. Two sword skill evades, one of which is a water field that you can blast combo. Master's Fortitude in Weaver line boosts HP to 19200, which could be over 20k depending on WvW ruin/keep bonuses. And finally if things get crazy you can run away with fiery greatsword (Or attack, as it could be powerful on this build in certain situations).

I took sword because it's new, gotta try it, and also it has some interesting evades and regen sources for condi cleanse. OH Dagger for ride the lighting gap closer/escape, fire grab, and earth blast finishers to use off of sword water #2, and another condi cleanse.

Some things I'm thinking I could change once I actually test... Earth line in general might be scrapped for arcane depending on how much global recharge will affect combos. Might take the master Earth trait Rock Solid to help confirm stomps in team fights. I'm very indecisive about the Grandmaster traits for Weaver, could be changed to Invigorating Strikes. The signet utilities I took could change to Ether Renewal for condi removal and Lightning Flash for gap closer/escape. Hell, all of the traits might change to cantrips, but I'm trying to get away from what we've been doing for the last 5 years.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAF5ilNA+4C8RglPAjYE8A2A3157cfeoAEA6fA-jFiAQBAR9HHY+DG7PAgHAQYV+thTAASVCiD9AkCY1lRA-w

Let me know what you all think, and any suggestions are welcome.

Elemental rage is worst of 3 GM traits on Weaver line. There is very little time you will want to attune to same element without stance skill, since you will be wasting global CD just to get one skill, which is not as good, as mixed dual skills.

Elemental Rage is the only of the 3 GM traits which has even a remote relevance to PvE. Gain vigor and barrier on dodge? Pointless. Lose condis under the effect of SS? Situational at best. ER gives you flat damage boost and even more damage under a specific (and not hard) condition. Easy pick, any time.

I tend to agree flat damage traits are always great to go. Back when I played Daoc there was a trait called mastery of pain. People would bump up that ability and hit like a truck. Percentage damage for a power damage build is almost always a given. Sometimes also for condition damage builds but they tend to be a little more survivable and forgiving which means you could slip in a trait like barrier or condition prevention etc. Barrier imo seems a little weak but I guess we will see. Don't get me wrong it may be key to the weavers success because much of our success depends on the 3 skill in conjunction with barrier. Hmm I hope it works out great. I have faith in Arenanet dev Karl's ideas! As the Weaver looks really fun to play.

Hi Cobalt, I really like your Pve build! That Pile Driver will hurt alot with the high crit chance and incredible damage coming from the beefed-up ferocity. The only thing I pondered on was the use of the utility skill with condition damage on it. With high power damage you may benefit more from having the stance Unravel, because that way you could switch in and out-of attunements faster to get of more pile drivers etc. But I can see your reasoning with going a burn utility to max out as much damage as possible when able to do so.

Like I said I love the build for PvE. Plenty of damage from range therefore no need for that much defense especially in PvE when there should be a fair amount of support around. Goodluck with your build and I hope works out for you on the Weaver and have fun.

Btw just to help you out also I recommend taking a look at a Vipers build to consider a hybrid damage build. It should go really well with a Berserker or Balthazars rune.

Time will tell how much we will get in new stats, runes and sigils, some of those my make your build a standard for Pve builds on a Weaver.

I hope I helped you out and I really encourage you to spend time mastering the Weaver.

Cheers from Cave.

@Arden.7480 said:I think I will be playing with Fire/Water/Weaver- at least when I will begin my journey to the desert.I am an elementalist's master, so it won't be hard to switch from specializations or weapons.

For sure Arden, you got this easy :) Weavers are built to be an adaptive elite specialization, with the capability to rip up people or PvE mobs with both Power and Condition damage. Like a fresh air weaver might be fun also. At least is SPvP i saw Phantaram ripping folks up. It was actually pretty cool to see an Elementalist dishing out some damage for once and not get stuck in a supportive or healing build role because that is what the team demanded of that person and they felt obliged to do so.

@Leggendalex.4659 said:Ill begin with full fire condi weaver (the old viper fire tempest) because ill wait before changing stats, if it doesnt work ill go with powe staff

Yeah i like what i saw for Vipers Weaver at least in Theory. One thing is though the Weaver rune may need a totally different stat set to match it. But i have a feeling we will see a hybrid rune so it should fit well or work out at least to some degree.

i really like both staff power water and dagger/dagger condi but i would change something in the water staff one(personal opinion, i don`t say it will be better) maybe cleansing water would be a good choice too considering that i picked soothing ice http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQFAWnMIClNgNNAWPA8RgFBAjoLsFykBBgCwB4eVPrv1A-jxRBAB4pjwMlgA8gAITJyV7PKvoU9nHugABAOAWf9A1XPrv+6rv+6d96rv+6rv+5rv+6lCIixAA-e

If you go Water, probably grab Piercing Shards for the damage modifier and use Lightning Hammer as your source of damage in that attunement. Unravel also feels like a waste of utility. I still see no reason not to pick Glyph of Storms. Great damage, strong utility, what's not to like?

@NayNay.7680 said:I plan on starting out Full Celestial and Tuning all my gear over Launch week.

That is a smart idea. I hope you have full celestial already, because that is expensive to make as well as time consuming to obtain.

Thanks for sharing your idea NayNay and participating in the discussion to help support the Weaver community.

@juno.1840 said:Here's my WvW build that I'll start with: gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodnk4CF5it4C+4CM5iFBA7+VXr31BBgQ5DYIIsDuhA-jxBBABA8AAcUJIpq/YmyvKOBAJqHQw9HIFQe60A-e

Full Celestial with Runes of the Traveler, Sigil of Accuracy, Sigil of StrengthTrait lines: Earth, Fire, Weaver

Theme: Hybrid power/condi build with barrier spam and stance stability.

Sorry it took me a bit to reply I was having treatment for my cancer guys, real life took over for the last two days.

Now onto something much more positive. Juno, I have check over your build and I really love how much stability it offers. I wondered if there could be a way to squeeze in some boon duration. But because of the availability of it boon duration isn't really necessary.

The build is just really well rounded with celestial stats to cater for power and condition damage. It has vitality and healing power to increase barrier and heals, to allow for a bruiser role. Great movement speed. Plus ever ready stab when required. I don't think many enemies would be able to control you or survive a fight against this build.

Cheers for joining the thread Juno, and thanks for posting your great build.

@Feanor.2358 said:If you go Water, probably grab Piercing Shards for the damage modifier and use Lightning Hammer as your source of damage in that attunement. Unravel also feels like a waste of utility. I still see no reason not to pick Glyph of Storms. Great damage, strong utility, what's not to like?

I didn't plan on including Vulns in the attack chain, but if you have them from another source, Piercing Shards would be great. Was thinking of more team benefit than personal DPS. Unravel is a safety net for getting to 3-5 skills on demand, which is a big concern for the unresponsive Weaver. I like Glyph of Storms and Lightning Hammer, too. Both are great options.

@Leggendalex.4659 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Because the hammer auto chain does meaningful damage, unlike the icebow auto.

Oh i thought that there was a sinergy with piercing shard that i was missing

Ice Bow #2 does have Vulnerability, which would trigger Piercing Shards. It can be crazy damaging if you stack a couple autoattacks before firing it, too. Its auto is weak on its own, but that 20% bump on Ice Bow #2 is no joke. Can also use Water Arrow to bump heals by 20%.

Lightning Hammer has a Superspeed effect, which would help proc Swift Revenge. Lightning Hammer has better overall damage and a much better autoattack if damage is the only concern.

I might even consider gearing for more Precision to drop Signet of Fire so I could run both. Really don't want to give up the safety of Unravel.

Archived