Which class would you consider the most "honest" Of them all

Lucas.3718

@Nimon.7840 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Necromancer, probably.

What you see is what you get: some poor bloke in a light robe trying to run at you but he can't because he's rooted to the ground. When you attack him you always do damage, no silly invulnerability passives or stealth shenanigans, there might be an occasional teleport, but usually only once... Maybe there's a few additional health-pools here and there, but otherwise... You fight him and for every good honest hit you make, you see his health go down, but if you let him close he'll do nasty things to you. Straightforward. Most of them in WvW seem to have a serious lack of stability as well, so any control effects you have are likely to land true.

I love Necromancers.

Pretty good summary and people still want necro in PvP to be nerfed xD

Scourge was certainly broken on release.

Now, though? Scourge and reaper both can mess you up if given the opportunity, but they're high-impact, low-sustain builds. Focus on them and avoid fighting on their terms, and they're not too hard to take down.

A lot of people tend to have what I refer to as balance perception inertia, though: once something is perceived as overpowered, people will continue to perceive it as being overpowered until it reaches a point where it's clearly under-powered.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Necromancer, probably.

What you see is what you get: some poor bloke in a light robe trying to run at you but he can't because he's rooted to the ground. When you attack him you always do damage, no silly invulnerability passives or stealth shenanigans, there might be an occasional teleport, but usually only once... Maybe there's a few additional health-pools here and there, but otherwise... You fight him and for every good honest hit you make, you see his health go down, but if you let him close he'll do nasty things to you. Straightforward. Most of them in WvW seem to have a serious lack of stability as well, so any control effects you have are likely to land true.

I love Necromancers.

Pretty good summary and people still want necro in PvP to be nerfed xD

Scourge was certainly broken on release.

Now, though? Scourge and reaper both can mess you up if given the opportunity, but they're high-impact, low-sustain builds. Focus on them and avoid fighting on their terms, and they're not too hard to take down.

A lot of people tend to have what I refer to as balance perception inertia, though: once something is perceived as overpowered, people will continue to perceive it as being overpowered until it reaches a point where it's clearly
under
-powered.

Yes, scourge was definetly too strong at the beginning. But some really unnecessary things happened, like the delay on the shade skills.

Why?Good players already knew how to counter scourge/ necro. Now it's even easier to fight a scourge because he will always tell you, what he is about to do.So I have to imagine, the change was in order to make it easier for bad or at least decent players. But the thing is,Bad players are still standing inside of every shade and then crying, when they die. So this was really an unnecessary nerf.

Same goes for sand savant it got nerfed but the nerf didn't fix the issue. Better might have been to increase the size of all shades to 210-230 radius and then make sand savant improve the targets from 3 to 5 and also give it a little barrier group support buff, like: when applying barrier, you also apply regeneration.This would also make support scourge much better.Or make it target increase to 5 and give it this effect: if barrier fades, due to the time limit, heal the target, that was under the effect of barrier for 1/4 or even 1/6 of the remaining barrier value.So if you have 1000 barrier remaining and it goes away, due to the 5 second time limit, you will get healed for 125 or 250 (effect also works on allies)

@RedShark.9548 said:warrior, no doubt, everything is super telegraphed, you see what hes doing, no stealth, no blinks, no bs, just straight stuff into your face.

Idk. Last time I fought a spell breaker, he did have the animation of full counter the whole time.The golden bubble around him didn't disappear.

Well that was before last patch. But that doesn't seem honest to me, when you cannot see, when he's using key abilities

Here's why I voted necro:

• It will quickly die in PvP situations if you make a mistake, because there is no auto invincibility
  • the attacks all have very clear animations. Especially key abilities that have huge casttime
  • if you fight a necro, he has to fight, there's no running away

@Nimon.7840 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:warrior, no doubt, everything is super telegraphed, you see what hes doing, no stealth, no blinks, no bs, just straight stuff into your face.

Idk. Last time I fought a spell breaker, he did have the animation of full counter the whole time.The golden bubble around him didn't disappear.

Well that was before last patch. But that doesn't seem honest to me, when you cannot see, when he's using key abilities

• It will quickly die in PvP situations if you make a mistake, because there is no auto invincibility
  • the attacks all have very clear animations. Especially key abilities that have huge casttime

haha the spb bubble permanent thing is a well known bug that is def not intended, just saying you cant say its some whacky dishonest effect of the class, its just the devs being seemingly unable to fix it for ages.

necro is probably around place 2. for me endure pain is not rly unhonest, its pretty ez to see with lots of 0 popping up, you know that it triggers at 50% and its shown in the buff bar

also a getting focused by more than 1 player will melt almost every class thats played on dmg gear

and running away as warrior seems futile against most classes since we got pof and hot . ppl still say that warrior is one of the fastes classes, which just isnt true anymore

what do you say about shroud making you take obly 50% dmg while the dmg log still shows full dmg values??also stuff like auto spinal shivers is not very honest, seemingly has no indicator on when it will hit you

@RedShark.9548 said:

haha the spb bubble permanent thing is a well known bug that is def not intended, just saying you cant say its some whacky dishonest effect of the class, its just the devs being seemingly unable to fix it for ages.

necro is probably around place 2. for me endure pain is not rly unhonest, its pretty ez to see with lots of 0 popping up, you know that it triggers at 50% and its shown in the buff bar

also a getting focused by more than 1 player will melt almost every class thats played on dmg gear

and running away as warrior seems futile against most classes since we got pof and hot . ppl still say that warrior is one of the fastes classes, which just isnt true anymore

what do you say about shroud making you take obly 50% dmg while the dmg log still shows full dmg values??also stuff like auto spinal shivers is not very honest, seemingly has no indicator on when it will hit you

Well. Necro trait triggers at 50% enemy health.Guess warriors shouldn't have any problems with that then.And an easy counter play would be to not apply boons to yourself...Well it now got nerfed.

While shroud should reduce the damage taken, you should keep in mind, that shroud is the only real defensive tool necro has. and at the same time its an offensive tool - the best one that necro has (reaper)

And it's pretty easy to play around it. As it has bug visual tells that necro is in shroud.

Archived