No Access to Ornate Guild Armor Materials with the new Guild Hall

Fryggenbart.3907

The synthesizers in the new guild hall don't drop Tenebrous Crystals or Shimmering Crystals.You need one kind of those in order to craft the Guild Insignia for the Ornate Guild Armor. (Also for the corresponding weapons)

Guilds with Windswept Haven are in a disadvantage compared to guilds with one of the old guild halls, who do have access to guild skins.

So we need either a new kind of Crystal for Windswept Haven or the option to get the old crystals from the synthesizers.

• 3 weeks later...

No vendor to buy those with obsidian shards imo. I kinda like the unique nature of the crystals in regards to guild oriented currency from the guild hall. It would to me take some of the perks of that specific upgrade away and just slapped on yet another vendor.

I think the nodes should just have their own weapon set crystals in the near future. Any other solution by putting both or one of the other crystal types in the new GH would make one of the guild halls more superior than the others.

Ofcourse, with no guild team at ArenaNet, we should be happy to get anything guild related in the future... Probably more decorations with festivals or lw updates like usual. Yay.

The whole new guild hall feels like a sloppy job they finished in no time just so they can claim that they added a new guild hall.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:They should add a vendor to swap Obsidian Shards for Tenebrous or Shimmering crystals if we wont get a unique weapon set with Windswept.This is a bad idea, obsidian shards can be collected in huge quantities outside of the guild halls. The whole point of these materials is that you need to harvest the specific guild hall nodes for extended periods of time if you want both weapon sets and the armors.

@Malediktus.9250 said:The whole new guild hall feels like a sloppy job they finished in no time just so they can claim that they added a new guild hall.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:They should add a vendor to swap Obsidian Shards for Tenebrous or Shimmering crystals if we wont get a unique weapon set with Windswept.This is a bad idea, obsidian shards can be collected in huge quantities outside of the guild halls. The whole point of these materials is that you need to harvest the specific guild hall nodes for extended periods of time if you want both weapon sets and the armors.

You can easily cap per day how many can be traded.I agree this was the biggest oversight of the new guild hall of not having access to new weapon skins or materials to craft them or the armor, but having the trader would atleast allow you to craft what we do have. The armor is the same in LP or GH, only the weapon skins (tenebrous/shimmering) are different.

New weapon skins for Windswept only have to be a re-colour of the existing weapons, with a new crystal to mine. Either, New weapons that are recolours, or a Vendor to obtain Shimmering/Tenebrous Crystals, would be ok. It depends which is the most work that Anet can be bothered to do.

Hell, I even thought when the Luminous Weapons were datamined, that they were the new Guild Hall weapons! Seems like a missed opportunity imo

Archived